Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

I wonder if Trump supporters will be as pissed about this as they are about democrats trying to ban guns (and for the record both of those things piss me off).

11 hours ago, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

Banning flavoured e-cigs 

*BREAKING NEWS*

Trump has actually said something I agree with, shock 

:lol: You know, I actually thought the same thing (that last part) about myself.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

:lol: You know, I actually thought the same thing (that last part) about myself.

Just wait.  Trump is waiting for his cut then nothing will happen.

That could be. Trump's explanation was that Melania has a son (together) and got concerned about his welfare.

Just now, daveb said:

That could be. Trump's explanation was that Melania has a son (together) and got concerned about his welfare.

Wait, did he talk about Baron as if he wasn't his kid? Like, he said Melania has a son, but not that he has a son?

11 minutes ago, SithGirl said:

Wait, did he talk about Baron as if he wasn't his kid? Like, he said Melania has a son, but not that he has a son?

He said "Melania has a son" and then quickly added "together". :P 

• Like 3
On 9/13/2019 at 1:51 AM, daveb said:

He said "Melania has a son" and then quickly added "together". :P 

Saw the clip on daily show this morning. 

I think trump thought he was in a paternity suit deposition

• Like 1

Irish national broadcaster platformed the head of "Virginia women for trump" on their big Saturday morning show with 374,000 listeners. 

In contrast, founded in October 2015, Virginia women for trump has 200 twitter followers. That is 1 new follower per week. 

Sigh. There needs to be better standards for guest selection on national broadcaster

Calligraphette_Coe

This week Trump got on the soapbox and demanded zero interest rates-- or negative interest rates if needed. So now we have Captitalism without rewarding the people who put the capital in Capitalism.

And it occured to me-- Trump's presidencey is nothing but a clownsuit for Republican governance. "Don't think anything through, just pontificate on whatever will get you re-elected."

Can I get a hearty HONK-HONK ?

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

This week Trump got on the soapbox and demanded zero interest rates-- or negative interest rates if needed. So now we have Captitalism without rewarding the people who put the capital in Capitalism

Trump: we are paying interest!

Translation: I am paying interest on my massive borrowings at a variable rate! If you cut interest rates, my interest payments will go down when banks cut their own rate after the fed cut

Honestly, really trump's finances need to be public so the people know how much he would save from a cut in in the interest rates. 

• Like 3

Trump doesn't think; he tweets.  We can (and should) just assume that anything he tweets about is in his personal financial interest.   I think the main interest he has in getting elected again is that if he isn't, he will be liable to criminal prosecution.

• Like 5

Personal financial interest or personal narcissist interest. :P (not always about money, but ALWAYS about himself in some way) 

• Like 3
On 9/14/2019 at 10:44 AM, iff said:

Irish national broadcaster platformed the head of "Virginia women for trump" on their big Saturday morning show with 374,000 listeners. 

In contrast, founded in October 2015, Virginia women for trump has 200 twitter followers. That is 1 new follower per week. 

Sigh. There needs to be better standards for guest selection on national broadcaster

:o Their Facebook page has more, too. And, apparently, the head of that group is originally from Ireland, so I guess that might be the reason why the Irish broadcaster had them on.

(This is where I found out about the leader of the group, because I was surprised and confused as to why an Irish broadcaster would bother interviewing her.)

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/niallodowd/trumps-leading-irish-american-backer-says-he-is-still-set-for-victory

And in Trump's explanation for why he rolled back Obama policy having to do with light bulbs he complained that the light bulbs make him look orange (yeah, the light bulbs do that...). :lol: :P 

• Like 3
RoseGoesToYale

Just... damn. Some democrats think this is a chess game. Trump's not smart enough for chess, dude's playing whack-a-mole!

3 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Just... damn. Some democrats think this is a chess game. Trump's not smart enough for chess, dude's playing whack-a-mole!

There are still almost 20 Dems in contention -- don't perseverate about what they're doing or saying.  By primary time, there will only be 3 or 4 left, and we can listen to them again.  

RoseGoesToYale
9 hours ago, Sally said:

There are still almost 20 Dems in contention -- don't perseverate about what they're doing or saying.  By primary time, there will only be 3 or 4 left, and we can listen to them again.  

Not those Dems, the ones in the House that can't decide what impeachment should look like.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Not those Dems, the ones in the House that can't decide what impeachment should look like.

They know what impeachment should look like, but there is limited time between now  and the election, and impeachment is a long process.  More importantly, the Senate is the body that has to do the actual trial, and under McConnell, they will not.  Those in the House  investigating  Trump are doing so in preparation for an impeachment, but they know that it's  not going to happen.  But they want the results of the investigations known before the election.  

• Like 3

Trump’s been trying to get Republican primaries cancelled. He’s also been trying to get Ukraine to investigate Biden. He hasn’t learned that inviting other countries to interfere with our elections will get him in trouble. He keeps on doing these things because he gets away with it. He must be held accountable. Here’s a good video segment about this.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/-treason-pure-and-simple-weld-sanford-walsh-react-to-trump-call-69654597878

• Like 3

If the trump and kushner family's financial dealings are any thing to go by, trump shouldn't be trying to get other's looked at. 

Kushner and Qatar need to be looked at

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/03/weeks-before-blockade-qatar-denied-money-to-kushners-firm.html?gtm=top

• Like 1

"The future is for patriots, not globalists" You mean the future is for rich dirty old white men and their peers, not the people who get to inherit this mess after you inevitably die in the next 10-20 years? Jesus fucking Christ on a flaming tricycle, I hate this man. He just doesn't fucking care about anyone or anything other than himself and his assets. The world is literally on fire and he doesn't give a single shit. The guy has so much ability to do good, he's rich and he's literally the President, he just doesn't want to. God dammit, I'm angry.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Dr. Beat said:

"The future is for patriots, not globalists"

Basically, don't care for people as a whole, care for only your in-group. That just reeks of elitist and supremecist thinking. 

• Like 3

Well, he may be in for it now, with his latest outright admission that he wanted Ukraine to investigate the Bidens, and withheld financial aid until he talked with the President about it.  Even Pelosi has officially said "Investigate for impeachment," when before she wouldn't even talk about it.  Of course, his base won't care about this, but the Republicans in the Senate might, and they're what's important now.

It looks like a lot of Republicans are backing away from supporting him right now. I don't know if that is just happenstance or if it will be a trend, but he may have stepped too far over a line in his obvious shenanigans. If he is impeached and not tolerated by the GOP establishment, I'm curious as to what they'll do for 2020. Trump has always been an outsider to them, has disrupted their established hierarchy, and jeopardized their positions for a while now. If he is also going to have a massive legal problem, they would drop him pretty quickly.

Well, no Republican has seriously started campaigning, so I am very interested as to what they'll do as far as the election goes.