Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

18 minutes ago, Kelly said:

What might be funny is that he didn't.

To be honest, that makes more sense. 

He just exudes of douchey salesman. 

Just had one walk into my branch yesterday. Just make you cringe, as they refuse to take rebuttals and try to close like their life depended on it. 

They don't get their way, and throw a fit. You're now sworn enemies, even though you have no problem with them. Gaslight you into thinking something is wrong with you for not taking what they are selling. 

"I'm a branch manager, not the owner." "I don't make those kinds of decisions, without consulting with my bosses"

*hints at me not being a man and doing the right thing for my branch*

His sale was done right then and there for me, and I had the door open with my body language, some some: "ok, get lost". 

Trump is too narcissistic to learn or grow. It's quite sad, actually. 

He treats politics like the above. Difference is he will gaslight rivals, vs working with them. Burns bridges, vs building them. 

Doesn't get his way, and throws a fit. But this is a guy who skipped military work with bone spurs. Many hid injuries to avoid being told to leave their colleagues side. 

He will as expected, use human shields to deflect a bullet. 

Only issue, is these are federal workers having to pay for his fit for not getting his way. 

He wants to declare a national emergency to build the wall. The fact is, he is the national emergency. The enemies of the country can use the government shutdown as a window of opportunity to infiltrate and destroy. All it would take is for all TSA employees to quit their jobs since they’re not getting paid.

• Like 1
Calligraphette_Coe
1 hour ago, The Dryad said:

They decided to give back the GoFundMe racist wall donations 😂😂😂😂

Around here all you can get on AM radio is rightwing talk shows. And this idea was brought up on one of them like it was some miracle way to get Trump's Wahl funded ( I call it The Wahl after than brand name of hair clippers). They crowed that All Freedom-loving Americans would dump billions into this effort and we'd all live happily everafter. 

Whomp-whomp. Guess that didn't work out to0 well?  And the radio show that was pushing it got demoted to 9 p.m. to midnight from three to six. The morning show host got replaced, too. She is now totally out of the lineup. And keep in mind, this is a heavily Republican area. Of course, the noon to three guy got replaced by Ben Shapiro, who is 100% polemics. At least the last guy had some interesting things beyond politics to talk about and didn't attract 100% YesMen callers. Shapiro seems to get zero callers?

Anyway.

But what I'd think about doing if I were in the House would be to offer Trump 500 million for The Wahl and call it a compromise and down payment. We know, of course, that's what the 5 billion is, too, and that even if the Democrats totally cave, we'll see another shutdown every time the continuing resolution expires with demands for the rest of the full $25 Billion Plus, due in installments. Come up with a slogan "Five Hundred Million for Charity, but not 1 lousy billion in Tribute", reflecting his declaration that this is a crisis of charity. 

IDK, mebbe instead of MAGA, they should change it to "Do What I want, and Nobody Gets Hurt." And call The Wahl what it really is- another Maginot Line.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

Around here all you can get on AM radio is rightwing talk shows. And this idea was brought up on one of them like it was some miracle way to get Trump's Wahl funded ( I call it The Wahl after than brand name of hair clippers). They crowed that All Freedom-loving Americans would dump billions into this effort and we'd all live happily everafter

My own thought when I heard of the gofundit wall fund was that someone who does doesn't like trump set it up as a mock-up

Well the far right aren't exactly short of funds, so they won't even have to dig that deep into their pockets to find the money, and businesses they own will get all the work 

• Like 1

Trump has been trying to con people into giving him money for a wall for a long time.

• Like 3

Ha!

Funny thing is, in that show Trump is the one in a caravan (in the sense of "a large covered vehicle for conveying passengers, goods, a sideshow, etc.; van."). :P 

2 hours ago, Kelly said:

Trump has been trying to con people into giving him money for a wall for a long time.

Clare county council just encouraged further in 2017 :angry: :angry:

i have boycotted county Clare ever since 

18 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Unfortunately being a fool isn't sufficient grounds for removing a head of government. 

To even charge him there would have to be clear incontrovertible evidence that a serious crime has been committed. Then with all the pre-trial hooha his term of office will probably expire 

Well just look at the Mueller investigation. Didn't this all start almost as soon as he was in office? Or was that just rumor? Either way, it's 2019 and they're already hype about the 2020 elections and it feels like he's been under investigation for his entire term in office. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, The Bookworm said:

He wants to declare a national emergency to build the wall. The fact is, he is the national emergency. The enemies of the country can use the government shutdown as a window of opportunity to infiltrate and destroy. All it would take is for all TSA employees to quit their jobs since they’re not getting paid.

They've been promised back-pay, apparently. Or at least if they've worked since a certain date or on a certain date. Not too sure the specifics. Source: my brother. It's why I don't have specifics, but he's been said that he's supposed to be paid eventually.

But I agree. It's super easy to take advantage of a government shut down to get away with seedy shit. 

12 hours ago, sithgirlix said:

They've been promised back-pay, apparently. Or at least if they've worked since a certain date or on a certain date. Not too sure the specifics. Source: my brother. It's why I don't have specifics, but he's been said that he's supposed to be paid eventually.

But I agree. It's super easy to take advantage of a government shut down to get away with seedy shit. 

It was a December date. They would get paid had they worked then, plus a 500$ bonus. 

Not the full effect of what they deserve,  but incentive to hang in there, and try to alleviate the damage in their personal lives. 

This was due to concerns of airport security, which would bring insane levels of irony to Trump's fight.

Trump isn't the first to use a shut down to get what he wants. 

Clinton and Obama have both done so as well. Several others.

I think the key difference, is they used it as a political tool and had intentions in opening negotiations. Neither wanted to do serious damage to people, but felt the causes were serious enough to fight for. 

Trump is using it as a bullying tactic, and has zero intention to negotiate.

So has intent to do serious damage to people (or would be scrambling to find middle ground). 

He is already deflecting blame, when he initiated this and proudly stated he owned the consequences of his own actions.

He is a king shit talker. But when called on his bluff, is now forced to show and prove which he wasn't prepared for. 

This is essentially what America is witnessing. 

A guy hell bent on winging things, finally having it monumentally blow up in his face in a way that will do serious and irreversible damage to him. 

Steve King, a Republican Iowa representative, is trying to white out (pun intended) what he said to the New York Times last week.

He's a Trump supporter, and Trump supports him. In response to the NYT report about his support of Trump and the border wall, King said, “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”

Some Republicans have said they do not approve of what Steve King said. It's not enough to disapprove. Congress needs to create a special vote to have King expelled from public office immediately. At the very least they should remove him from committees and censor him until the 2020 primary.

• Like 1
On 1/12/2019 at 3:40 AM, Telecaster68 said:

Not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, but finding a spurious reason to invoke a state of emergency with increased executive powers is the signature authoritarian/Fascist move.

That depends on your definition of "spurious."   FDR used his declaration of a state of emergency to send Japanese citizens to concentration camps after we declared war on Japan.  Many people  have subsequently felt that his reason may not have been spurious in the sense of pretended, but it was not justified by any evidence.

*In case anyone wonders at my use of "concentration camp", that simply means bringing prisoners together in one area, not forcing them to work or killing them.*

15 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

I was thinking spurious in the sense of mostly aimed at consolidating authority in the executive and away from the legislature and judiciary...

Actually, in the case of Trump that wouldn't be spurious at all -- he's been quite clear about his feeling that only the executive has authority.  

Dw6FPIUW0AEkfqJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Trump presidency in a nutshell

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

FFS America, what were you thinking? I mean, really? What was going on in your heads?

I didn't vote for him.  But mostly I think that people thought he would be different. They were tired of politicians who said they would help things and lied. They were tired of everyone ignoring the very real problems with education, wages,  and health care America has.  They were just tired. 

@Telecaster68, everyone else in the world is saying the same thing about Britain. Sometimes you see more from outside looking in 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

But even before the primaries, he was demonstrably a far more blatant and shameless liar than any of the other candidates and most other presidents apart from Nixon, and judging by what's happened since, people apparently just don't care. They've bought this rags-to-riches schtick from a guy who inherited a million bucks from his father and has multiple bankruptcies.

Words fail me.

I didn't say they were smart about it. However most of the people I have talked to who voted for Trump say this is why they did it. They wanted something different, because they thought it might be more effective than what they currently had. That obviously didn't work

19 minutes ago, Evren said:

I didn't say they were smart about it. However most of the people I have talked to who voted for Trump say this is why they did it. They wanted something different, because they thought it might be more effective than what they currently had. That obviously didn't work

so why do some people still support him?

1 minute ago, Sweet Potato said:

so why do some people still support him?

Ah so, there are two groups of people who voted for Trump.

The upset and wanting something different kind. Who mostly don't support him anymore.

And the much more likely to be racist  and wanting something different kind. This kind doesn't like looking at their actions closely and they don't like changing their minds about anything because it means they got something wrong. Therefore they aren't going to stop supporting Trump, because they supported him in the beginning and they can't be wrong. 

Many people in America also only read or watch one source of news if any (FOX) and the believe everything it says. I'm not saying Fox outright lies to the people watching but it is a conservative, mostly republican news channel run by middle class white people. This is obviously going to give a slant to anything they say. Much like a newspaper (Huffington), which is run by mostly democrats who are liberal is going to have a slant. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

To clarify... the reason he gave was spurious. His own intentions have been fairly clear. The main question has been whether he'd be competent enough to carry them through.

I don't think there's any question that he is incompent to carry anything through.  

• Like 4

I've just thought of something. With Trump as President there are only two conclusions to consider with Area 51.

1. There are no aliens.

2. Trump has not been told about the aliens.

You know how I know this? He would never shut up about them. Someone posts about the new Alien movie. "I'm so excited to see the new Alien movie, I think the xenomorphs look so cool."

Trump: We got the best aliens, you know, Area 51, best aliens in the world. America's aliens better than anyone else's. No one can beat our aliens. Here's a picture I took with an alien the other day. He's nice, best aliens, right here. America is always the best. 

• Like 1

At some point Congress needs to invoke the 25th Amendment because of how far Trump is willing to go with this shutdown.

How ridiculous does it have to get? 

Maybe he can build the wall out of hamberders... it could be the berder wall.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, The Bookworm said:

At some point Congress needs to invoke the 25th Amendment because of how far Trump is willing to go with this shutdown.

Congress can't invoke the 25th.  The Vice President has to do that.   Can you imagine Pence doing that?   Trump would put a contract out on him.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, The Bookworm said:

I agree with you. Sadly, I doubt it will ever happen. 

But since I needed to research the 25th Amendment to figure out what you meant, I found this little gem

When did the author intend the 4th section to be invoked?

Former Sen. Birch Bayh wrote in his book “One Heartbeat Away: Presidential Disability and Succession” that he knew the most controversial aspect of the amendment he authored would be how to handle the rare instances when a president’s team disputed his ability to serve.

“You know, fellows, we've talked about this problem a hundred times,” Bayh recounted telling his aides when they were in the final stages of negotiation. “The only time it would present itself – the only time the president would say 'I'm well and able' and the vice president and cabinet would disagree – would be if the president was as nutty as a fruit cake.

• Like 4