Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

So I've heard, 40% of voters vote Democrat come what may, 40% vote Republican come what may, Just over half of the remaining 20% may rue their decision 

• Like 2

Under half. He got something like 46.4% of the total votes (compared to Hilary's 48.5%, with the rest going to other candidates like Stein and Johnson).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, The Bookworm said:

Today I overheard a Trump supporter say this about the immigration issue:

"That's what happens when you have a free country."

:blink: 

I would love to analyze their brain. The kind of loops they must jump through to reach that conclusion...

• Like 2
9 hours ago, daveb said:

Under half. He got something like 46.4% of the total votes (compared to Hilary's 48.5%, with the rest going to other candidates like Stein and Johnson).

The number of votes that swung the presidential election had been a total of 50,000 in some very big states

11 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

So I've heard, 40% of voters vote Democrat come what may, 40% vote Republican come what may, Just over half of the remaining 20% may rue their decision 

Heard similar but from bill Clinton on daily show in 2016 saying 45%

• Like 1
10 hours ago, The Bookworm said:

Today I overheard a Trump supporter say this about the immigration issue:

"That's what happens when you have a free country."

:blink: 

Nazis are fascists, what else is there to say?

• Like 1
Gentle Giant

Trump is so exhausting! He talks about the wall being needed for security but then shuts down the governement which is making things less secure and less safe. A wall will not prevent another 911. Now he’s saying he will let the government shut down go on for months or years! Leaving these departments closed is increasing the likelihood of another attack and more problems.

Then there’s the workers who are working without pay and he’s saying they are happy about the shutdown because he thinks they want the wall. He thinks we all want the wall. There’s so much delusion coming from him.

• Like 6

There's gonna be a lot of pissed off landowners along the border if their land gets taken through eminent domain(which is just a fancy way of saying the government is stealing your land) to build that wall.

• Like 3
On 1/6/2019 at 9:54 AM, Gentle Giant said:

Trump is so exhausting!

That really says it all.   

• Like 4

Isn't most of the fight right now about that GoFundMe that some Trump supporting civilians started to build the wall that got like 14 million dollars donated? Or not? I kinda haven't been paying attention to the wall, but more of the people being affected by Trump's stupidity...

The wall won't stop illegal immigration. Most illegal immigrants arrive on planes with their visas and never return to their country of origin. Not to mention there could be tunnels under the wall.

Trump has a thing for having monuments built with his name on it (Trump towers, Trump hotels, Trump university). And now this damn wall.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, The Dryad said:

Isn't most of the fight right now about that GoFundMe that some Trump supporting civilians started to build the wall that got like 14 million dollars donated? Or not? I kinda haven't been paying attention to the wall, but more of the people being affected by Trump's stupidity...

Actually most of the conversation right now is about the government shutdown with no end in sight, but the gofundme thing is hilarious too. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, The Dryad said:

No, that's not part of the fight.  $14 million doesn't rise to the $5+ billion that Trump wants.

• Like 1
On 1/6/2019 at 12:54 PM, Gentle Giant said:

Trump is so exhausting! He talks about the wall being needed for security but then shuts down the governement which is making things less secure and less safe. A wall will not prevent another 911. Now he’s saying he will let the government shut down go on for months or years! Leaving these departments closed is increasing the likelihood of another attack and more problems.

Then there’s the workers who are working without pay and he’s saying they are happy about the shutdown because he thinks they want the wall. He thinks we all want the wall. There’s so much delusion coming from him.

He is a classic highly narcissistic person. 

On a level where if he weren't mega rich from his dad's gift, he would be unable to hold down a job. Would constantly get fired.  

He literally is in love with himself. His first crush was probably himself. He married Melania, as he knew marrying himself would not bode well for the white house. 

Nobody with a hairdo like his, can genuinely showcase any glimmer of introspection. 

Tons of workplaces keep toxic people like this, as it's an HR nightmare firing someone who can't even understand that they aren't perfect and are making too many mistakes. Trying to push them to be accountable is incredibly difficult. It takes an ability to admit to your faults which is a major handicap of his. He sees this as weakness. 

Everyone has a little narcissistic streak in them. However, its typically a defense mechanism.

His defense mechanism is 24/7. 

The only benefit about him, is if you are personally dealing with high conflict people. Seeing Trump allows people to learn to understand such people.

I learned that trying to push them to be accountable is a waste of your time. 

Keeping answers or questions short and sweet and peppering them with compliments is the only way with such people. 

A lot of world leaders have taken note to the flattery, to get concessions from him.

One of the laws of power. Never outshine the master.

Especially with an ego like his. You have to think like a crook to beat one. 

On 1/7/2019 at 10:36 AM, chandrakirti said:

'Master Trump ' thread... IMHO, every time he opens his mouth he's mastered one to sound like language...

Yeah, I've never liked the title of this thread.  "Master" is being used here to mean that all the smaller Trump threads got combined into one "main" or "principal" thread, but every time I see the thread title, for a split second I read it as meaning he's some head honcho or slave owner.  It gives me the willies.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:58 PM, Sally said:
On 1/6/2019 at 9:54 AM, Gentle Giant said:

Trump is so exhausting!

That really says it all.   

Oh gawd yes, to both of these.

• Like 2

So... $1.7 million worth of fentanyl was seized at the Port of Philadelphia. That’s 110 pounds.

Who knew Mexican migrants could walk across the continental US and sail around the east coast with all of that!

Now we need a sea wall.

/sarcasm

• Like 6

Pelosi is spot on. Trump's wall is about manhood. It shows his base he is tough. 

Refusing to back down. Unfortunately painted himself into a corner.

She's playing chess. The longer this goes, the more pressure mounts on him. 

It will get ugly, and once protests grow, that pressure will reach a fever pitch. There is no way this goes on longer than another month. 

She can wait this out. He can't afford to, and didn't factor losing or conceding. 

He doesn't get his wall, and starts to show major cracks in his armor. 

Doesn't look good for him. 

16 hours ago, The Bookworm said:

Now we need a sea wall.

/sarcasm

don't give him ideas!!!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Sweet Potato said:

don't give him ideas!!!

Like the reporter who gave him ideas about declaring a state of emergency? There's a case where I would support telling the press to shut up. :P 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Sweet Potato said:

don't give him ideas!!!

I could honestly see him say something like this which is the sad part.

He's that sleazy car salesman who tells you "don't worry about it", when you voice any concerns. 

Worse even, "we'll fix it" when further pressed on the purchase of your brand new car, refusing to accept the parts shouldn't be broken. 

Issue being the part is an alternator or a fuel line. 

Or Mexican immigrants and federal employees.

We'll fix it from a guy like that, means it gets jury rigged and taped up. 

The best thing I've ever seen on YouTube are....ads that call for the impeachment of Trump 😂, has anyone else seen/experienced these ads? The thing is...I don't know if a petition will really get anything done, if anything ever came to fruition...Trump would most likely just pardon himself... However, if we could find anything solid on him to send him to prison, that seems much more likely of success, but.... I'm fairly certain he's gonna serve out the remainder of his residency.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, chandrakirti said:

...maybe this thread should be renamed 'the Trump master-thread'?

I know it bothers you, but the title is just ironic jesting about Trump's ego/ affiliation with white supremacists/and white nationalists..."nationalists".

It would be even funnier if the thread was renamed to "Grand Wizard" or "Grand Dragon Trump"😂😂😂😂....lol you know, for the honor of the Grand Ole' Party.

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

- Steve King, U.S. Republican Representative, Iowa.

(* He later "retracted" and stated that he's "a nationalist", I was like, lol, okay, it's the same thing, different racist terminology, gotcha, thank you for saying you're a Nazi/Klansmen. Yet some news sources reject him as an "American standard".... he's the most classic American representative I've seen yet in 2019, and anyone who says differently doesn't understand U.S. history (genocide,rape,slavery, Jim Crow, Civil Rights), imperalism, textbooks and school boards (Daughters of the Confederacy) and why people like him feel entitled- i.e.: white supremacy in a nutshell)

• Like 1

I think Pelosi checkmated Trump, actually. 

He backs down or makes any concessions, and looks weak to his base. Very bad for 2020. He demanded it all, so now has no choice but to show he has done just that.

He gives up, then has to explain to 800, 000+ people why in the **** did they have to go without pay, lose homes, nearly or fully go homeless for, etc.

"You could have gone empty handed doing nothing!"

Him walking out of the meeting was a show of power. Ironically, sounded incredibly weak. 

I can't get over the fact he brought candy for everyone. Handed them out. 

I am picturing all the: "WTF" faces of everyone in the room. Only made more awkward if someone unraveled a candy wrapper and started eating, loving the flavor they got. 

The lives of nearly a million people in your country. Millions outside of it hanging in the balance.

And your negotiation tactic is candy?

I like the comparisons I heard to a school yard.

Kid brings basketball. Wants to play 21. Everyone else, wants to play 3 on three. 

He gives them all drinks. They still want to okay 3 on three.

He slams the basketball and leaves with it. 

Even kids would be in disbelief, knowing that was out of line. 

This guy wrote the art of the deal. 

18 hours ago, The Dryad said:

The best thing I've ever seen on YouTube are....ads that call for the impeachment of Trump 😂, has anyone else seen/experienced these ads? The thing is...I don't know if a petition will really get anything done, if anything ever came to fruition...Trump would most likely just pardon himself... However, if we could find anything solid on him to send him to prison, that seems much more likely of success, but.... I'm fairly certain he's gonna serve out the remainder of his residency.

Congress has to impeach a President; petitions have nothing to do with it.   Since the Senate is majority Republican, they're not going to convict him after he's impeached by the House.  The only hope would be the New York State lawsuit finding him guilty.  

• Like 3

Unfortunately being a fool isn't sufficient grounds for removing a head of government. 

To even charge him there would have to be clear incontrovertible evidence that a serious crime has been committed. Then with all the pre-trial hooha his term of office will probably expire 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

This guy wrote the art of the deal. 

What might be funny is that he didn't. Both the "coauthor", Tony Schwartz, and the book's publisher, Howard Kaminsky, say that Trump played no role in the actual writing of the book. 

3 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

Not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, but finding a spurious reason to invoke a state of emergency with increased executive powers is the signature authoritarian/Fascist move.

Many people realize it.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Kelly said:

What might be funny is that he didn't. Both the "coauthor", Tony Schwartz, and the book's publisher, Howard Kaminsky, say that Trump played no role in the actual writing of the book. 

Just like many other things, his name was just branding

• Like 4