Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

He's spat another dummy out of his pram last night over trade talks. As soon as he doesn't get instant gratification that's it, metaphorically he's like a kindergarten kid bawling "you're not playing any more" 

• Like 3

The only plan that Trump has, whether it be in the US or internationally, is to be able to say to his base, "See, I talked back to those people who think they're better than we are."   He's planning on getting reelected in 2020 through appealing to his base and by crooked election tactics.  That's all he cares about.  He's not any smarter than he appears.  

• Like 3

My thoughts so blame my brain if you don't agree.

Because Trump's lack of political background, he's a business man, he's moving from "I'm the president" to "I'm the law". This is extremely dangerous, not only for the US, because without knowing or realising President Trump is step by step transforming the US political scene into a minefield, meanwhile also dragging other countries into this mess of his. I truly think he does want to be a good president but it could take many decades to undo all the damage he's actually doing and will do in the near future once he's out of the White House.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

I think you're onto something there, and looked at from another angle, it's a fascist way of thinking (in the true sense, going back to Mussolini developing the philosophy in 1930s Italy). 

Narcicism and power, especially the power of a head of a state, or often a terrible mix if not properly controlled and double-checked. As I wrote above, I truly think that Trump not only wants to be seen but also remembered as a great president but that's not going to work in my own opinion.

5 hours ago, Nidwin said:

I truly think he does want to be a good president

Part of the problem with that is his idea of a good president seems to be people like Putin, rather than people like George Washington or Abraham Lincoln. He doesn't appear to know much about the history of the American presidency (or much about any history, government, geography, current affairs, etc.). During his current international trip he is acting like the stereotypical ugly American (and thereby appealing to the basest of his base - and that's a big part of the problem; he doesn't represent most of America, just a certain element). :( 

4 minutes ago, daveb said:

and that's a big part of the problem; he doesn't represent most of America, just a certain element). 

Unfortunately the states where his message resonates the loudest, are full of his "people".

The truly sad part, is that blue collar farmer type may feel Trump is in their corner. He isn't. However he gambled big on this, and won. You typically don't become a billionaire by accident.

He assessed his target market that gave him a chance and was insanely aggressive in pounding the pavement.

He'll fight for the CEO of the grocery chain buying those products, however.

However trying to sully his name to convince people to vote against him is a dumb move that will backfire. He will use it against you.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a second term as a result.

1 minute ago, Perspektiv said:

He will use it against you.

Whatever people say he will use it against them (or if it sounds remotely positive he will use it in his favor; or just make stuff up).

I think the key to beating him is not to pander to his base, but to appeal to all the people who don't want him to have a second term. He didn't win by massive landslides. He won by just enough narrow margins to give him an Electoral College win, and that probably could have been avoided if another campaign had been run better and didn't take some things for granted (or if another campaign had a different candidate who wasn't so polarizing for some people).

• Like 2

This is too hilarious for words 

He is now claiming that an interview he gave to The Sun newspaper (the biggest selling daily in the UK) was "Fake news", ergo his own words must be fake 

• Like 2
Clumsy Fairy

Well another load of WTF in Trumpton. He does seem to be getting in to the habit of making statements about foreign dignitaries that are negative, only then to butter them up while next to them on a podium. The protests are just as cringworthy as I would expect from the anti trump brigade. 

-" How do we prove that we have the moral high ground, and highlight the fascicle nature of someones politics"?

-"err we need something that is easy to disseminate, something like those pictures the kids use online",

- "Yeah just like that".

- "Let's fly a big trump baby balloon over London".

- " Oh how genius people will assume that as we are the "Educated Left" they will just think it's a joke with some really cleaver well thought out  satirical point".

- " Yeah but there isn't one"!

- "I know right, that's what makes it better".

It wouldn't be so bad apart from the so called intelligent left not only payed for it, and thought it up they even got permission to fly it, How TOTALLY radical man.Then they go on TV defending it as if it is the best thing they could come up with.

Clumsy Fairy
46 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

This is too hilarious for words 

He is now claiming that an interview he gave to The Sun newspaper (the biggest selling daily in the UK) was "Fake news", ergo his own words must be fake 

I know it was a bit much, but he did claim that they missed out of most of what he said in buttering up the prime minister. I do agree that it was a bit much, but then again the sun isn't really a news paper too many people expect to be in depth, or that accurate. 

• Like 1
Clumsy Fairy
5 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

I thought it was just funny because it will be annoying the fuck out of him. Which makes it worth it. 

I really don't think it annoys him.. I think he likes it because it means he can perpetuate his message. That said we really should be more sceptical of all news sources. Personally I was really sad and surprised when I saw real evidence of the BBC being so biased on some subjects, the BBC was supposed to be a place of fairness, and some time ago it gave up being neutral, and it's a huge loss.

Clumsy Fairy

Oh I don't think it's been biased on this occasion. I have seen times when it has been, even if it is the stories they follow etc. They also just seem to accept as fact many leftist principles without showing anything from those who disagree with their stance. The Feminist V MRAs.. They really have historically pandered to a feminist view point, and I don't think I have ever seen a positive MRA story. Usually every day there are stories on feminist issues, or issues of so called inequality. They NEVER have any views from those who seek to deal with the facts on the issue, and why it's not as cut and dry as is being portrayed.

Trump doesn't give a sh*t about being a "good" President.  And it isn't his lack of political experience that makes him appear to be stupid and bumbling; he IS stupid and bumbling.  As far as his business acumen, his business history consists of bankruptcies; he finally was shunned by all banks except for Deutsche Bank (cf: Justice Kennedy's son).  

The one and only thing  he cares about is attention, which he considers to be respect.  When he begins to feel that he's being disrespected, he stages a rally and his base gives him an attention transfusion.  The general American public does not have a relationship with him; the only relationship he  has is with his base.    As long as he has that base (and he will, because they like his aggression in destroying government), there is nothing that anyone can do to deter him.   

• Like 2
4 hours ago, daveb said:

but to appeal to all the people who don't want him to have a second term.

In a sense, it will get a lot of people voting. Some who probably never have, or usually don't. Its created a very high level of interest in US politics. There is always a silver lining to everything, or a lesson to be learned.

So when Trump wins the next election, will people stop saying hes a bad president? XD 

I will be sure to bring this up again. 

This is how I picture the convo between Trump and Putin went...

FBI: Mr President. the FBI has a lot of evidence to suggest Russian interference in our election and Mueller just indicted 12 agents.

Trump: Did you interfere in our elections?

Putin: Thats, did you interfere in our elections SIR

Trump: Sorry sorry, did you interfere in our elections Sir?

Putin: No

Trump:OK

Did you hear Putin has a new American joke? He just met with him in Helsinki. 

• Like 6
On 7/15/2018 at 12:19 PM, Malum said:

So when Trump wins the next election, will people stop saying hes a bad president? XD 

I will be sure to bring this up again. 

The media beat downs, actually help his cause.

Damn, that guy is so smart :lol:

• Like 1

I'm confused at how my country's high duties on milk are a bigger threat to Trump than Russia, based on his lack of respect towards Trudeau and being nose deep up Putin's butt.

Putin's an incredibly intelligent man, like him or not, who has helped stabilize his country when he took power. He's probably finding this hilarious. There is no way he's not in disbelief, at how easy it is to tie strings to this guy.

Even I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theories, that Putin has tons of dirt on the guy based on his business done in Russia.

Watching fuckfart grovelling and lying his ass of in front of the media last night was hilarious, and has, in my view, done nothing to enhance people's opinion of him, but just the opposite. 

@daveb, likes, he's about as stable as Fulminate of Mercury being struck by a large hammer 

• Like 2

Speaking of hammers, he's about as much of a genius as a bag of.

• Like 2

If there are any positives across the globe, is that many leaders who have clashed with him are talking patience. His run will soon end, and politics as usual will prevail.

There is no way Putin can pull the upset again.

I don't blame him for wanting to uproot Clinton.

She did damage to him in the past and he clearly has a long memory about it.

She would make a horrible president in my opinion, but he's on a different level of bad.

Whoever the new president is, will probably spend their first year doing damage control.

I have lost faith in America if he gets a second term.

Especially so considering he speaks to the working class with how he builds his speeches, but clearly works with the 1%.