Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

Well even if Britain did that, the US wouldn't have anything to gain from cutting their ties with them when it comes to security politics, geo-politics and trade-relations. USA don't seem to cut their close bonds with Saudi-Arabia despite them being quite authorian. And, again even if that is the case, the current leader of the US openly admire Russia and Turkey, and even the Phillipines, for their autocratic turn and having a "strong leader" which basically is having a leader that crack down on opposition, freedom of speech and the free press. So I really don't see how that can be true in any way. 

• Like 1

Do the offices in the white house have revolving doors?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Homer said:

Do the offices in the white house have revolving doors?

Trump has a revolving brain.  A very small revolving brain.

What is truly astonishing is that the Trump aide who was marched out of the White House today has been hired for the reelection campaign.   Even though he's suspected of criminal financial actions.  

• Like 2

A bit of realpolitik will come in. Everyone will huff and puff then it'll all calm down. Trade between Britain and the USA is high added value items such as computers and luxury goods. Europe needs Russian gas and oil. Britain and the USA both need revenue generated by armament sales to Saudi Arabia. 

If Trump and Putin do manage to buddy up and create some form of working entente then that should help make the world a safer place. 

13 hours ago, CaptainYesterday said:

A betrayal by your best friend is worse than a betrayal by an acquaintance.

And the UK haven't betrayed USA. The world is more nuanced than your "either this or totalitarianism" point of view.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Malum said:

I cannot wait to sign up for the Space Force! *laughs, then begins chokeing*

If there were a "Space Force" would DT be the space cadet in chief?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, daveb said:

If there were a "Space Force" would DT be the space cadet in chief?

He would probably create some ultra rediculous title like Supreme space commander or something. :lol:

• Like 1

An accusation from a whistleblower that a company linked to bannon and financed by another trump supporter Mercer, Cambridge analytical breached Facebook data in 2014 to create profile of 50 million american voters

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/17/cambridge-analytica-facebook-influence-us-election

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/17/cambridge-analytica-facebook-influence-us-election

Firing McCabe within days or hours of retirement is mean and vindictive. Looks more like punishment for going against the administration, and a signal to others who might go against the administration themselves. And there's a pattern of this sort of thing - just in the last few days/weeks: Hicks out after testimony, Tillerson out after saying something that wasn't pro-Russia, and others. The warning is clear; if you work for the administration you better be careful what you say and do (especially if it goes against Russia or makes Trump look bad even if it's true).

Republicans in Congress seem to be okay with it because the circus distracts the people from what Congress is doing.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, daveb said:

Firing McCabe within days or hours of retirement is mean and vindictive. Looks more like punishment for going against the administration, and a signal to others who might go against the administration themselves. And there's a pattern of this sort of thing - just in the last few days/weeks: Hicks out after testimony, Tillerson out after saying something that wasn't pro-Russia, and others. The warning is clear; if you work for the administration you better be careful what you say and do (especially if it goes against Russia or makes Trump look bad even if it's true).

Republicans in Congress seem to be okay with it because the circus distracts the people from what Congress is doing.

I was surprised there was not more republican criticism towards tillerson's firing, there may have been other but only one I saw was senator Jeff flake (who I think is not standing again). Most that I've seen from republicans has been "I think pompeo is a good choice" rather than dealing with tillerson's firing.

Are the republicans in congress afraid of speaking out or voicing any criticism because they don't want to hurt their primaries this year?

Edit - John McCain criticised it too.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Trump congratulates Egypt's sisi after his 94% margin of victory

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0403/951735-trump_al-sisi/

Coincidentally trump has Egyptian financial interests

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/security/news/2017/06/14/433927/trumps-conflicts-interest-egypt/

On 3/18/2018 at 10:15 AM, iff said:

I was surprised there was not more republican criticism towards tillerson's firing, there may have been other but only one I saw was senator Jeff flake (who I think is not standing again). Most that I've seen from republicans has been "I think pompeo is a good choice" rather than dealing with tillerson's firing.

Are the republicans in congress afraid of speaking out or voicing any criticism because they don't want to hurt their primaries this year?

Edit - John McCain criticised it too.

Yes, they are afraid to hurt the Republican brand in the primaries.

John McCain can criticize anything now -- he very unfortunately is terminally ill and will not run again.  But he criticized things before his illness was discovered.  

• Like 1

Now Trump seems determined to trash the economy, with his tariffs and his tirades against companies like Amazon, which appears to be based on a personal vendetta against Bezos (owner of the Washington Post). And spreading lies to try to justify it (the USPS is not losing money because of their deal with Amazon). The result is he is hurting lots of Americans with 401ks and such; many of whom are middle class, not rich. 

• Like 1

Yup, he's behaving like a right berk 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Yup, he's behaving like a right berk 

He always has.  However, now he can hurt everyone in the country instead of just people he does business with.  

• Like 4

I just hope Trump doesn't screw up the potential meeting with Kim Jong Un.

So not quite trump but what is the thing with Paul Ryan not standing for congress at the next election?

I know it was expected he would stand down as republican speaker in congress this year but standing down from congress altogether, was that unexpected?

I don't know if Ryan's not running for re-election was expected or not. He's fairly young for someone to step down from that body. Many stay until their 70s or 80s or longer. He seems to be saying he wants to spend more time with his family, and points to the tax bill as a crowning achievement (even though it's at the expense of sacrificing his stated opposition to increasing the deficit) and, I think, as one of his major goals for being there. I also heard that he didn't even want to be there in the first place. So it's possible he's leaving because he feels like he did what he set out to do and is ready to move on. I can't help but think Trump and recent Republican losses in various elections and the prospects for November also figure into his decision. But all of this is based on snippets I've heard/read in the media and speculation. I am not an expert on the matter by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 1

I'll bet that Ryan will run for President either in 2020 or 2024.  He's trying to get out now so he won't be connected later to these crazies in Trumps Administration.  

On 4/7/2018 at 6:31 AM, TripleOG said:

I just hope Trump doesn't screw up the potential meeting with Kim Jong Un.

Eerily enough, both are highly egotistical and narcissistic. So, both will either get along, due to speaking the same language or will be quick to drive each other to a verbal sparring match when the other doesn't get their way.

Trump says he's a master negotiator, but all I see is a douchey salesman approach (I.E Aggressively bullying a person to impose your will onto them) which just doesn't work in politics.

I find it ironic that the very aggressive Mattis is one of the voices that manage to reign in on Trump in many fields. Such as advising against targeting Russian and Iranian bases in Syria.

• Like 1

EMqjFY2.jpg

• Like 4