Do you get attracted to people?

Concealed ID

Please read the post before answering:  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• No, I don't feel this kind of attraction
    • Yes, I do feel this kind of attraction

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah, I've found a lot of women very attractive and do. Asexuals can be physically attracted to people, just rarely if ever sexually attracted.

Yeah, I've found a lot of women very attractive and do. Asexuals can be physically attracted to people, just rarely if ever sexually attracted.

i agree wholeheartedly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have found myself quite enamored with a few people in the past. It's always their personality though. I suppose I am attracted to certain physical features, I have noticed a pattern, but I never really think they are hot.

• 3 months later...

I find people attractive without necessarily feeling attracted to them sexually. Sexual people experience this too. For example a strait woman can find other women attractive without wanting sex. They can even have girl crushes. I definitely have crushes too. I think this makes it even more confusing.

More accurate for me would be "I did", although I voted "I do". I haven't felt that way in about 4 years.

ZombieSlayer54

Well, if you mean an intense want, and possibly need to be around and with a certain person, then yes. That is called extreme emotional/platonic attraction.

I.E. Love.

But I still dun get hard in my pants no matter what, except when I am sleeping and my body does its natural thing.

• 1 year later...

Yes... ish???

astheitic attraction not a "crush" im just obbsessed with shiny objects and i put pretty people in that catagory

I voted "yes" because there are so many different ways to be attracted to someone.

Personally, most of my attractions have been focused on movie stars. I tend to fall for them in certain romantic roles (for example, Ewan McGregor in "Moulin Rouge" or James McAvoy in, well, just about anything :redface:). There's a strong romantic attraction, like wanting to be sung to on the rooftops of Paris like Nicole Kidman was. And sometimes there's a physical attraction, like that guy is really nice to look at. He has great features, like eyes or hair or shoulders, that attract my attention.

However, there's a complete lack of sexual desire related to that attraction, at least on my part. Nothing about them makes me want to drop my pants and have him do anything with my lady parts, you know? I think it's the fact that romantic interest and sexual interest can be two very different things. They can certainly happen at the same time for other people, but I've never experienced the latter.

There has been a few times in my life when I've come across someone, and I get this feeling almost of embarrassment and can't even look up at them. Like, not embarrassed of them, but I get thoughts like, "omg, he's so cute! is he looking at me?" But then I feel like I have to leave the room or hide or something, lol! I don't know why I react like that. And I've only come across maybe two or three people that have ever made me feel that way. :blink:

• 7 months later...

The closest I've ever been to having such feelings is the way I feel about the man on my avatar who is a Swedish rock musician. He's beautiful and there's just something about him.

I also admire his mind as like me he is very intelligent.

I have the strong urge to be around the person, get the nervous butterflies, can't get them out of my head and what-have-you, but as far as anything physical I'm never really interested.

Wow, this thread likes a bit of necromancy, doesn't it?

I'm not sure. I occasionally get a strong desire to talk to people. For example, if I hear them nearby, I'll find a reason/excuse to go past and speak to them. When I do speak to them, I get erratic in my speech patterns and babble to them or wait for them to speak to me. I think I do occasionally get the feeling of being out of breath when talking to them, but I don't think I've ever had any heart related feelings, like a rapid heart beat. Is it a crush? I'm not sure. I'd say its platonic attraction if anything.

On an unrelated note, I find that over time people tend to look more aesthetically appealing to me. I don't know why. I'm still not attracted to them, they just seem.. prettier?

well...you seems to have somehat described what I call sensual attraction, so yes, I do have that.

I've had crushes on kids in my class since kindergarten. I'm not sure how to define each one, since each crush was different. There was one boy, however, that I did kinda fall head-over-heals for. From what I knew, he felt the same, but neither of us said anything about it.

• 3 weeks later...
rebekka1954

Yes I get attracted to women, wow she's so pretty, or so hot, but it's without any sexual pull, I just think I would be so lucky to be in her company.

• 1 month later...
Guest FrozenCherry

Yes, the best favour I can do for myself is stop crush to men :lol: I have had 3 crushes in internet so far and that is killing me too slowly :angry: I cannot understand why I feel so powerful just because of posting :( I miss them all :wub:

• 2 months later...
LoNeR bY dEfAuLt

there is and only ever has been one person in my life that i am truly in love with; the kind of love i would do anything for - sadly she doesn't even like me very much - and i'm not sure if this is a valid answer but, what i would say is, i feel so strongly for her that she is the one and only person in the world that i would be willing to have sex with if we were together if it would make her happy, even though i wouldn't enjoy it

My biggest crush so far has been on a fictional character *is embarrassed* However, there is a guy at work at the mo who I do have quite a major crush on- everytime he comes in the room, I find myself getting really flustered and I can't talk to him. He thinks I'm stark raving mad though, oops :lol:

• 4 months later...

I used to have a major crush on the guy I went to school with. He's probably been the only one I've ever had those feelings for and it didn't last really long either. I mean, I wasn't even sad when he left my school... I believe other people would have been depressed about this for some time but I didn't feel any worse than usual XD

Other than that, I only had "crushes" on fictional characters... Not sure if those are real crushes or if I'm just really obsessed with them.

gray_imagination

possibly. I wouldn't call it a crush, but while it wasn't physical...it wasn't exactly platonic. It was...beyond my ability to describe. But there was definitely some kind of attraction going on, and, some kind of (though I hate to put it this way) connection. It wasn't "love". It was....something else. yeah, I give up. LOL.

• 2 months later...

Aesthetic attraction? yes :lol:

Platonic Attraction? sure :)

Sensual Attraction? why not? :rolleyes:

Sexual Attraction? not even a little

Archived