Asexual Women Musings

Underwear type seems to be important to many men based on comfort, but I don't think they have as many hangups around other clothes...except for maybe how easy it is to take care of them. They aren't expected to display shapeliness (at least not as much) and don't have boob sensitivity to worry about.

butterflydreams
5 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Underwear type seems to be important to many men based on comfort

And potential fertility.

5 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

I don't think they have as many hangups around other clothes

My dad was always very particular about clothes, and kind of enforced the same on me as a kid. Obviously I'm a weird case, but as a guy I was pretty particular about my clothes too. I liked things that were durable, and simple. In many ways, I still do. I like quality over quantity. The only difference now is that I ask myself, "how are my boobs gonna look in this?" :P 

• Like 3

I had a child 9 years ago before then I hardly had sex with the person I was with. He would have to do things to get me in the mood. After I had my daughter I still did not like having sex. Then I decided to be with someone I really loved finally that everybody is gone. However, even the first time it was hard for me. So off and on for the past 7 years he has been the only one. Our Companionship he ended 3 years ago. I think because, I gave him a very hard time. One night. I guess it is best for me to stay single. My doctor said that I should not have sex because, of my olvaries. Besides, it is not like he will marry me. I can say that I am happy not being able to be hugged or kissed.

Hermit Advocate
3 hours ago, Te•gurah said:

Thank You I think I will like this better than Facebook. 

Well obviously we're way better than Facebook. We have cake.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

Underwear type seems to be important to many men based on comfort, but I don't think they have as many hangups around other clothes...except for maybe how easy it is to take care of them. They aren't expected to display shapeliness (at least not as much) and don't have boob sensitivity to worry about.

Or boob accommodation. Grrr stupid buttons.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, borkfork said:

Or boob accommodation. Grrr stupid buttons.

Ugh, yeah, I've given up on buttoned shirts, unless I can make it work by only buttoning up to below my boobs without highlighting them too much.

• Like 1

Button up shirts make me look like I have no shape whatsoever <_<

23 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Ugh, yeah, I've given up on buttoned shirts, unless I can make it work by only buttoning up to below my boobs without highlighting them too much.

I stick to sweaters and the like now. :mellow:

• Like 1
Autumn Season
11 hours ago, LVG said:

I know this feeling all too well.

*also pear-shaped*

*nods in unison*

Tight fitting clothes always end up cutting into my fat. :unsure:

YAGpXPd.png

• Like 3

Although I wish I was a little bigger, being smaller in the chest does offer the advantage of being able to wear any type of shirt. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Autumn Season said:

*nods in unison*

Tight fitting clothes always end up cutting into my fat. :unsure:

That's an issue with tights. I prefer them going up to my waist past the bulgy gut, but as I'm high waisted that doesn't always last long. They often roll down and sit around my belly button, which makes half my bulgy gut sit over them (if that makes any sense). Wearing a camisole helps hide that, as it's a little looser.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

don't have boob sensitivity to worry about.

I do have one button shirt with heavy embroidery on one side which rubs my nipple sore when I wear it directly on the skin.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, roland.o said:

I do have one button shirt with heavy embroidery on one side which rubs my nipple sore when I wear it directly on the skin.

If I were a guy I would definitely wear undershirts for reasons like this. (Also because men are more aesthetically pleasing in undershirts than competely topless. :ph34r: )

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Snao Cone said:

If I were a guy I would definitely wear undershirts for reasons like this. (Also because men are more aesthetically pleasing in undershirts than competely topless. :ph34r: )

I had no reason to think about taking off shirts until recently :-) As it's wintertime around here, I wear several layers of clothing at the moment. But the emroidered shirt is a short-sleeved one for the summertime. I was actually thinking about using a band aid when wearing it next time. But unlike women, I would have to worry about hair if I tried that ;-)

• Like 1
Just now, roland.o said:

I had no reason to think about taking off shirts until recently :-) As it's wintertime around here, I wear several layers of clothing at the moment. But the emroidered shirt is a short-sleeved one for the summertime. I was actually thinking about using a band aid when wearing it next time. But unlike women, I would have to worry about hair if I tried that ;-)

Maybe wax your chest first. :P (I believe that would be much more painful than a nipple bandaid...)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Maybe wax your chest first. :P

You are talking about putting a protective layer of wax on the skin and hair, so that the band aid wouldn't come into direct contact, right? ;-)

Just now, roland.o said:

You are talking about putting a protective layer of wax on the skin and hair, so that the band aid wouldn't come into direct contact, right? ;-)

I was thinking about the hair removal process, but adding a layer of wax over it could also be an option. :D

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

That's an issue with tights. I prefer them going up to my waist past the bulgy gut, but as I'm high waisted that doesn't always last long. They often roll down and sit around my belly button, which makes half my bulgy gut sit over them (if that makes any sense). Wearing a camisole helps hide that, as it's a little looser.

Same for me. Ha!

• Like 2
butterflydreams
2 hours ago, roland.o said:

Well, funny (and true) story...I was so oblivious when my boobs started coming in. I was mostly focused on recovering from a bike accident at the time. So I kind of forgot that I was transitioning. The sensitivity took me by surprise. I remember wearing an oxford cloth shirt at the time, which isn't the softest stuff in the world. I ordered a bra the next day. It was brutal.

Then like a month later when things really started growing, the just general soreness started and I remember my friend came to visit. She gave me such a big hug and I just winced. I mentioned it later, and she was like, "yeah, I noticed that, hooray for boobs!"

Speaking of which, I'm in the unique position of being able to compare getting hit in the boob and getting smacked in the balls. I have to be honest, the balls hurt worse, but usually not at first, it takes a while for the pain to really set in. Getting hit in the boob, especially a growing one, was just an instant pang of pain. Hell, I remember when the sensitivity was really bad even just grazing it with the strap to my bag would do it. No thanks!

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I've never doubted for a minute that getting hit in the balls hurts more. :unsure:

• Like 3
butterflydreams
3 minutes ago, SaturnOOO said:

I've never doubted for a minute that getting hit in the balls hurts more. :unsure:

I can't say it's happened to me too many times. But it is a pretty strong source of dysphoria for me. I'm hoping to get them permanently dealt with at some point.

• Like 1

Breast sensitivity varies a lot (for me, at least) due to hormones, so it might be worse for women on HRT, if that makes the boobs more sensitive. Since I'm on the pill it's not so bad, but there's still some days that hurt more than others. I need to wear bras that have a thick enough cups to basically remove outside stimuli to my nipples, just for my own comfort. I don't like to feel the breeze on my areolae, no way.

• Like 1
butterflydreams
4 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Breast sensitivity varies a lot (for me, at least) due to hormones, so it might be worse for women on HRT, if that makes the boobs more sensitive.

I think it varies a lot for everyone. I still couldn't really go without a bra unless the shirt material was really soft and forgiving. Fortunately, I'm basically done growing now so there isn't as much general soreness, which is nice. Sad that I'm not growing anymore though.

• Like 2
BlasterBlurby

Speaking of ridiculous women's fashion. I just went to kohl's yesterday and had a very hard time finding a cute shirt that wasn't completely see through! Its all winter clothing and styles, but the shirts are so thin you could count my belly freckles and most of the sweaters were backless! I could believe it. Every time I found a nice sweater, I'd flip it around and it'd be backless. Who the heck in wearing backless sweaters in winter?!

• Like 5

Wearing camisoles all the time helps with some of the...less opaque clothing, but it is pretty ridiculous that so much of it exists to begin with.

• Like 3
BlasterBlurby
3 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

Wearing camisoles all the time helps with some of the...less opaque clothing, but it is pretty ridiculous that so much of it exists to begin with.

You pretty much have to these days. I just wanted to wear something that didn't have to be layered. I think its all scheme to make you buy more clothing. $20 for the shirt, $10 for the cami, and then the shirt's so thin that it wears out quick and you have buy a replacement.<_<

• Like 2