Asexual Women Musings

Elftober Country
Just now, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

He might want to impregnate you. :blink:

He's married with two children. I think he's just nosey! 

13 minutes ago, October Country said:

You dodged a bullet. Actually three, counting the potential ape children.

Edit: I'm referring to the fact that we're all just evolved monkeys.

29 minutes ago, October Country said:

Maybe, maybe not. His home life might not be a happy one....

Elftober Country
16 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

Maybe, maybe not. His home life might not be a happy one....

No flirtation there whatsoever. Plus, I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm gay. 

butterflydreams

Usually people don’t show that much interest in me. I’ve never been asked if I had a girlfriend (before I transitioned) and I’ve never been asked if I have a boyfriend after. To be honest, it kind of wears on my head. It makes me think no one expects that of me, and so I shouldn’t either. When the truth is I really do want a boyfriend. It’s not that unlike when I was growing up and my dad used to say that he assumed I was gay because I never seemed interested in girls. No judgement, he just assumed that. I tried really hard to be interested, but nothing ever worked out. Eventually I was doing it just to prove my dad wrong.

Sadly, the only invasive question I get asked is “pre op or post op?” :mad: I actually had a guy ask me that once online and I know I shouldn’t have responded, but I did, honestly, and he immediately stopped talking to me. That felt really good /s

Strange But Not a Stranger

Ugh, this reminds me of this one person I once encountered while I was working. It was a complete stranger and somehow (I don't remember how, it happened quite a few years ago) I got into a conversation with him, and before I knew it I had given him all this information... that I didn't have a boyfriend... yada yada... and worst of all... he then proceeded to ask me: "Never had one?" And I answered it honestly. And of course this man was all :blink::huh::o. It was embarrassing. Especially because for me it's never been an issue that I hadn't been in a relationship. To me that felt normal.

Afterwards I kept thinking to myself why on earth I answered all these personal questions in all honesty. I suppose I got sucked into it and couldn't find a way out. I was not that strong socially. I certainly wasn't as strong socially then as I am now (still not super social, but I manage). If something like that would happen to me today I would not get into all this.

I am glad that I don't get asked many invasive questions. They annoy the shit out of me. 

I am already afraid thay my cousin's new gf is going to ask me personal stuff when I'll finally get to meet her. She's kinda chatty and open and outgoing, and I am the exact opposite. So... eek!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

He might want to impregnate you. :blink:

This makes him sound like an alien.

• Like 3
Elftober Country

No, you don't...

Spoiler

et_04.jpg

• Like 8

Ohhh I have an annoyance! There is this guyin my town who is my little brother's friend's dad and he acts like the perfect family man but 2 years ago when I was 18 he approached me in the street going on about how his heart ACHES for me etc etc. Long story short, I usually shut these ppl down with 'I have a boyfriend', but noooo not this fabulous human specimen.... "It's okay I have a wife we JUST WON'T TELL THEM"!!?? IMO this is wrong on so many levels; he wanted to lie to his wife and be with a girl who he thought was STILL IN SCHOOL (he thought i was about 16). 

Fast forward 2 years... he still tries to talk to me when he sees me. I walk into college registration in September last month, and he is in my fudging class. 1.5 months of panic and depression trying to avoid him and his advances and I end up dropping out. This brainiac STILL hasn't got the message or doesn't care, keeps trying to communicate leaving me in a constant state of anxiety walking around my own home town. I don't know if this is on-topic or not but it had to be let out:angry:

I'm sorry you have to go through that, Tara :(:cake: That's unacceptable on so many levels.

• Like 4

Creepy old men never stop creeping. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. This is not normal behavior you can shrug off. There's something seriously wrong with this person.

• Like 3
butterflydreams
1 hour ago, October Country said:

No, you don't...

Hide contents

et_04.jpg

This is the greatest thing I've seen today. Thank you.

• Like 1
Hermit Advocate

I still don't understand why so many people take a personal offense when I say that I'm happy being single and am not looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend. Or when people joke about finding me my future husband. No thanks. 

• Like 6

My friend tried to hook me up with her brother this weekend. She wanted to show me a picture beforehand. I politely declined and gave some lame excuse like pictures aren't always flattering. I'm glad I did, because I wasn't attracted to him at all, especially since he looked like my ex's obnoxious, drunkard brother. 

• Like 1
Hermit Advocate
9 minutes ago, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

@Hey you in the corner Because it's what is important to them and they feel like you're looking down on it or something? That's just a guess. I get the feeling a lot of people are in relationships because they're scared of being alone.

Yeah, I get that feeling too. My aunt was already looking for a new guy before her divorce was even finalized because she couldn't stand the thought of not being with someone. I think it's because a lot of people can't stand the idea of not being in a romantic relationship that will last "forever" and they think they're doing me a favor but in reality all they do is annoy me. I am fully committed to becoming a crazy old cat lady.

• Like 1

I don't get other romantic people sometimes, especially the whole serial monogamy thing. Being unhappy on one's own isn't about being single, it's about not wanting to be alone with oneself. I want a partner, but a lack isn't all that bad. 

• Like 4
On 16/08/2016 at 10:33 AM, magnificat said:

I experience the same problem. Everytime the topic of marriage and grandchildren come up and I say that all I want is a dog, and my parents assume that I'll change my mind, or it's just on account of extreme introversion as opposed to just a desire not to have sex or kiss anyone.

Has anyone here had to explain what asexuality is to people when they come out? I'm afraid to do it, and I'd love to hear others' stories/experiences

Yes I have explained asexuality to many people my mother, my boyfriend, and online friends. No one ever seems to grasp the idea that i’m not interested in sex. Even if I came out to them... maybe a few months later they’ll bring up a sexual topic again as if i’m interested. Then I have to explain myself to them all over again. It’s extremely exhausting. My boyfriend does okay for the most part but our differences do strain on us a bit. 😓

On 10/22/2017 at 2:26 PM, Hadley167 said:

Maybe it sounds weird, and I hope it doesn't, but I wish I had the organs to give me a period. I know it's annoying, and I know nobody likes it. I probably wouldn't either, to be truthful. But it would make me feel whole in a really important way. And presumably, if I wanted to, I could try to have a baby. *sigh* Life is what it is I guess.

It is an odd thing to wish for. All women I have met, including myself, wish we were like other animals who don't have to have periods to get the same benefits

• Like 1

My mom went snooping about me, (probably observed the waste bin or something) and had the nerve to ask me if I am getting proper periods :angry: A- it's none of her business, I am not a child. B- none of your business

I have no interest in having a child and so don't care about missing periods or it's problems. And if I consider it's a serious issue, I know how to see a doctor :rolleyes:

If I ever find out I won't be able to have children biologically, I will be mad. I suffered all my periods for nothing? The fact that I don't want to have them is another topic xD

• Like 2

If it didn't mean going into premature menopause, I'd have a hysterectomy in a heartbeat. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, LVG said:

If it didn't mean going into premature menopause, I'd have a hysterectomy in a heartbeat. 

I have extremely considered a hysterectomy.  Even with premature menopause it would feel extremely justified.  Then I could say I cant have children to those who keep asking if I ever will.  😂

I've gotten to the point where I don't elaborate when asked why I don't want to have children. I don't want them because I don't want them. People don't have to list off the reasons they have kids so why should I need a rehearsed list. 

• Like 10
Hermit Advocate

Or you could say that you've seen to many horror films featuring small children. 

• Like 2