Asexual Women Musings

Chocolatastic AroAce
On 7/11/2018 at 11:37 PM, Tintinfan said:

I have had someone asks me if I have children... I'm in my teens! No!

oh god if someone asked me that when I was a teen I probably would of screamed and called the police. If your asking teens about such things you must be a pedophile or something. Why on earth would anyone want kids while their still barely out of diapers themselves.

I've learned some people are not so good with ages. I've been asked if I had kids and whether I was in high school by different people within a short time span. I'm in my 30s so asking about kids isn't too odd, I just don't like it.

I went to community college starting when I was 16 and one of my classmates freaked when he found out I was underage. He had a crush on me.

• Like 2
Neutral nerd
1 hour ago, borkfork said:

I went to community college starting when I was 16 and one of my classmates freaked when he found out I was underage. He had a crush on me.

That sounds hilarious. And it provides a good excuse for refusing to date (if you're not out to them)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Neutral nerd said:

That sounds hilarious. And it provides a good excuse for refusing to date (if you're not out to them)

My dumb 16 year-old brain was like "oh this person is being friendly." I probably wasn't good at ages back then either, because he looked at least late 20s to me. 

KestralHath
On 7/11/2018 at 6:06 PM, Midland Tyke said:

There was a generation in the 1920s where this was much more frequent. At least in Europe. So many young men died on the WW1 battlefields that there were more women than men. I grew up next to two sisters, by then in their 60s, neither of whom had married or had children. They both had jobs, bought a house (together) and paid their own way.

My great great aunt lost her fiancee in the war, and never found another.  She seemed very content with her herd of nieces and nephews, God-children, dogs and plants!

• Like 3

The funny thing is, people are miserable because of themselves. Not because they're married or single or living with a mate. Saying "my spouse will make me happy" isn't accurate or fair to that person. 

I crave companionship because that's just who I am. I don't think any person has the power to make anyone less miserable in the long run.

(Okay, a person who enjoys being single would be miserable being saddled with a mate, but that's not the point)

• Like 7

So I've been hit on quite a bit for the past few years now which is something I don't enjoy, not only because it makes me uncomfortable but also because I'm only just turning 18 in a month and the people hitting on me are in their 20s and older which is incredibly gross. Nowadays as I approach that benchmark I get asked the question 'So you're not 18 yet?' and thankfully I can still believably answer no but I could gag when they answer 'Well hit me up in a few months then ;)'. I saw the comment about pedophilia and it just made me think of this... I mean, I don't look 18 yet, I barely even look 16. I can't imagine how bad it'll get when I'm out of high school and I have no uniform as a no-go identifier (even if that doesn't always work).

• Like 2

I got hit on more as a teenager than I do as an adult, but maybe that's because I've grown up to be intimidating. Aspiration goal reached!

• Like 8
On 7/16/2018 at 4:20 PM, borkfork said:

My dumb 16 year-old brain was like "oh this person is being friendly."

I don't even want to admit how old I was when my dumb brain started figuring this out. 

• Like 1
scarletlatitude
11 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

I got hit on more as a teenager than I do as an adult, but maybe that's because I've grown up to be intimidating. Aspiration goal reached!

Same! I must have a face that says "don't eff with me". 

• Like 1

I don't get hit on at all anymore. I think it has to do with no longer going to singles places. My main avenue for entertainment and socialization is my games meetup. From my observations, people there are more interesting in playing games than flirting. 

• Like 3

I hardly ever get hit on either! I've also assumed that it had to do with the "don't dare try to talk to me" vibes I put out.

• Like 1
Member131995
On 7/17/2018 at 3:29 PM, borkfork said:

The funny thing is, people are miserable because of themselves. Not because they're married or single or living with a mate. Saying "my spouse will make me happy" isn't accurate or fair to that person. 

I crave companionship because that's just who I am. I don't think any person has the power to make anyone less miserable in the long run.

(Okay, a person who enjoys being single would be miserable being saddled with a mate, but that's not the point)

On 7/17/2018 at 3:29 PM, borkfork said:

It's like Diane in my all time favorite show says "you're responsible for your own happiness" and even though the character herself ultimately confesses later on that she doesn't believe in real happiness, she is right. It's not fair to put the burden of responsibility for your happiness on another person. So I completely agree. I found that when I used to think "this will happen and then I'll be happy" or "so and so will make me happy" my life feels like I'm just living for the next thing and even when it few I was never truly happy. 

• Like 1
Sweet Potato
On 7/17/2018 at 6:21 PM, Cee Fox said:

So I've been hit on quite a bit for the past few years now which is something I don't enjoy, not only because it makes me uncomfortable but also because I'm only just turning 18 in a month and the people hitting on me are in their 20s and older which is incredibly gross. Nowadays as I approach that benchmark I get asked the question 'So you're not 18 yet?' and thankfully I can still believably answer no but I could gag when they answer 'Well hit me up in a few months then ;)'. I saw the comment about pedophilia and it just made me think of this... I mean, I don't look 18 yet, I barely even look 16. I can't imagine how bad it'll get when I'm out of high school and I have no uniform as a no-go identifier (even if that doesn't always work).

perverts are horrible!

I worked with a 56 year old man. a new worker, a 17 year old girl walked by and he was very obviously watching her butt. I called him on it, something along the lines of "she is 17 you freak!" his excuse was that he is thinking of someone for his son. liar. also, his son is 30 and married, so still ew!

• Like 4

That's the sort of thing that's becoming less and less tolerated and making the kind of person who would do that feel like they're having their rights stripped away...their right to be creepy towards any person they want to objectify. <_<

• Like 3

I caught two grown men staring at my 16 year old cousin while on vacation. One guy was so engrossed in his ogling that he let a door shut right in his wife's face. What creep. 

• Like 3
On 7/18/2018 at 5:37 AM, artzcat said:

I’m 24 but I look as young as about 14-16. There have been guys who try to flirt or hit on me and they’re old or at least much older than me. It’s so gross because I know I look like a young teen! Why are you trying to flirt with me when you don’t know my age!? It creeps me out so much.  

That's funny, I've had the same problem several times (except I'm still only 20)...

People younger than me don't try to hit on me but people much older regularly do it, even tho they could not imagine that I was even legal -_-

• Like 1
14 hours ago, LVG said:

I caught two grown men staring at my 16 year old cousin while on vacation. One guy was so engrossed in his ogling that he let a door shut right in his wife's face. What creep. 

It would serve him right if the wife shut the door to the marital home in his face 

• Like 2
queenturkey

My father keeps saying we need to be on dates. (Like him go on a date with someone and me go on a date with someone). Like no thank you! But thanks for reminding me how lonely and depressed I am! 

I remember one totally gross situation. I was 16 (looking like 14), on holiday, and I was walking with my dad back home from a shop. On our way a group of men fixed their gaze on me and they started wolf-whistling, blowing kisses my way and making gestures suggesting I have a nice ass and breasts. My dad, instead of getting angry at them, just laughed and looked genuinely... proud, like I was some prize cow or mare. That felt really, really horrible.

I often see older men ogling schoolgirls that look about 14, when I'm in town.

To actually stare at kids like that, like they're about to drool, honestly... pathetic. I don't even think they feel like they should have some self-control, like what they're doing is gross and inappropriate.     

Did anyone see the video of the server fighting back against the guy who grabbed her ass?

10 hours ago, Queen Turkeygirl said:

My father keeps saying we need to be on dates. (Like him go on a date with someone and me go on a date with someone). Like no thank you! But thanks for reminding me how lonely and depressed I am! 

This would creep me out on so many levels.

@InariYana what a gross experience to have at that age! I hate that this type of thing is still so common. 😕

• Like 1

You can tell that wasn't the server's first experience getting pinched, though. Customers can be the worst. Add male chauvinism and you have that situation. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey! Looks like @Sweet Potato got a haircut! 👌🏼

(on an unrelated note don't you hate it when random people feel entitled to comment on your appearance?)

(but seriously though it's a cool haircut.)

• Like 2