Black ring on right hand could have another (kinda gross) meaning!

Xavy

Justhavinfun78

“Kinda gross”. We live in a world where we are told we should be living and accept everyone for who they are. Last week was Pride Week.  People should be free to be or marry men, women, or non-binary and shouldn’t be judged but accepted.  Swingers seem to be the one group this doesn’t apply to.  So FYI....  swingers as a group age couples who on average have been happily married for >15 years. Most couples for decades. The average divorce rate is in the single digits depending on the year. The average divorce rate in the US is over 50%.  So it begs to question, why hate on a group that seems to have it figured out?  Is it because they are happy?  Is it because they are completely honest with one another?  Is it because they are so honest and open with one another they can discuss desires and fantasies that most people find taboo?

Happy, open, honest..... sign me up please

abandoned-account

I wonder if the black ring on the middle finger works for non-aro aces too? Considering it apparently means something along the lines of "forever single".

Although I can agree that one's own rings on their own fingers can mean whatever they want it to be.

@Techie  Oooh that's a cool ring! It's funny that I'm ace and black and purple also just happen to be two of my favorite colors (I know black technically isn't a color but whatevs).

15 hours ago, Vee. said:

@Techie  Oooh that's a cool ring! It's funny that I'm ace and black and purple also just happen to be two of my favorite colors (I know black technically isn't a color but whatevs).

I've been wearing it now since January and my solid black tungsten ring is only worn by my occasionally. It has held up well. As the purple stands for "community" on the ACE flag, I figured it was a nice touch to the usual solid black ring. That and I have not seen either a white or grey stripe available so purple works for me! Also, the solid black ring might be confused for the swinger community (though usually the left hand) but not the purple stripe.

@Justhavinfun78 Who hates on swinger here? Asexuals that wear rings just don't want to be perceived as swingers. Would out and proud gay people would like to be perceived as heterosexual?

I’m really sorry but I’m not going to lie here I read the first line and laughed ( not at you ) and said that has to one of the worst situations for an ace. I really feel for you man I have the same type of luck by the way i coincidentally have a black ring with a little design on it can I wear it in lue of one like your which is bad ass by the way.

i wear a black rubber band type beat on my right middle finger. i actually didn't know this "ace ring" existed when i put it on, it's just a very nice surprise. 

i'm ahead of the ace game.

• 5 months later...

27 minutes ago, Clairepg said:

have just ordered my ring- and the post above about it being a comfort brought tears to my eyes. I’ve felt broken for so long....

Me too ❤️ 

my ring has two faint rainbow stripes and I really hope it will help not to get confused

On 7/6/2016 at 4:30 PM, Pengwyn said:

It wouldn't bother me if someone asked me if I was a swinger; I'd use it as an opportunity to explain asexuality.

I can 100% relate to this. It's not often that I get to enlighten an acquaintance about asexuality :)

In the past year, I have only had one person comment on my ring. I happened to be wearing my purple stripe version instead of the solid black one. I was checking out at the supermarket and the young woman (teenager) checking out my items commented that she liked my ring. I did not explain the significance as I was on the checkout line with a lot of people and discussing anything of a sexual or asexual nature with a youth not related to me is not something I want to do.  I did thank her for her compliment and mentioned I got it on eBay. 

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Regarding the title of the post, can we not judge please? Especially when the swinger community is being so considerate by not wearing their rings on the middle finger.

Janus the Fox

Locked as it’s over 6 months from the last Comment, there’s enough Black Ring Threads already and I’d encourage a Thread with the Ace and Swinger black ring differences.

Janus DarkFox

Cover Welcome Lounge, Weekends Asexual Relationships, Current Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

Archived