aury

do you smoke?  

5 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • hell no
    • smoke what? :D

TheBlueGreenie

I've been a smoker since I was 16 years old and I have never been able to quit. I have been able to regulate it and in my hey day I could smoke a pack a day but now I only smoke 3 to 5 cigarettes a day. I realize that there are alot of reasons to quit smoking: lung cancer, yellow teeth, diminished endurance, the odor, staining walls and furniture, annoying friends and family members with second hand smoke, etc. I have just gotten into the habit of smoking when I take a very long think - before a test, during a chess game, and so on. Its like a reflex alot of the times I don't even know I am doing it. I heard somewhere that it is easier to quit herion than cigarettes and although I've never been addicted to herion I know that it sure is difficult to quit smoking.

You know you are a true smoker when everytime something doesn't go your way you light up a cigarette. I try not to be a jerk about it and not smoke in front of people who will lecture me about it and I try not to smoke after a meal which really disgusts most non-smokers but there is something meditive about smoking. I would love to quit but I would definitely need something else to take its place and so far nothing else has seemed like an adequate replacement to smoking.

I always liked Dave Attell's commentary on smoking. If you smoke you know what you won't be doing tomorrow - jogging, hiking, surfing if you lose your hat in a gust of wind "hell with it I'll just buy another hat I'm not going to chase after it...

I never have touched a cigerette, and never intend to start smoking. Isn't that kind of why adults are always scaring you away from smoking, because there's so many health risks? Or am I just gullible. . >>;

I'm not really afraid to tell people to smoke elsewhere, unless of course I can stand up and move on my own. My sister's boyfriend smokes, and without much of a pause I can ask him to smoke away from us - something that my sister's never been able to say since they've been going out. Odd, no?

• 4 years later...

Nope.

My mom smoked for a bit while she was pregnant, I wonder if that has anything to do with... anything. Anyway, I've not tried it either.

• 1 year later...

Archived