Visibility Craft-a-long?

crafts_not_coitus

TeaMistress

I made earrings for the craft-a-long:

17899914404f807e1ed6885645776ede.jpg

6405777820cbd80f20b9044ae77f0c01.jpg

These are amazing, I love them!

imnotafreakofnature!

I'm in the middle of trying to finish a baby blanket I started crocheting a couple months ago, but I think this craft-along is a fabulous idea and will probably join in next month. I love the things everyone's posted so far! Those little rocks with the googly eyes are just too cute, and that headband is awesome!

I've seen some really cool videos on youtube for things that can be done in ace colors, like knitted beaded rings to make instead of buying one. I've also seen some friendship bracelets in nice patterns, but not as nice, I don't think, as the ones you posted, crafts_not_coitus. (Love the name, by the way! :D)

I hope the enthusiasm holds!

crafts_not_coitus

A) What awesome earrings!!! Those are so cool!

B) I hope the enthusiasm holds, too! This is really fun! I love seeing what everybody is making!

An update on my projects: The creative spark is firing left and right! The Ace stuff going on in my craft room is multiplying, and will probably go on for months: 1) The friendship bracelet pattern pics are done, now it's just writing everything up into an easy-to-follow pdf. 2) The rock buddies. 3) I started knitting a hat after all, which I'm fondly referring to as my "ace lace" hat, even though the lace isn't acey at all. (It's a hat pattern from Ravelry that's been in my queue forever, I'm just doing it in flag colors.) 4) I started crocheting a bedspread. That one might be a little ambitious. 5) I started a tubular beaded crochet bracelet that I'm pretty excited about. 6) I've got a new friendship bracelet idea waiting for the current one in progress to be done. 7) The knitted sock pattern is haunting my head, waiting for me to devote some time to it. It's officially going to be called "Ace Lace Socks" and will be striped toe-up socks in flag colors, with a choice of heart or spade eyelet lace going up the front.

So yeah, that's what I've been up to so far. No pics, because everything's a work in progress, but we're only a week into June, so at least some of the projects will be done by the end of the month :-)

TeaMistress

Crikey, someone is busy! I'm taking a break throughout the week, as work is exhausting, but I should be back at it by the weekend. I'm contemplating an ace flag pencil case, because why not? XD

crafts_not_coitus

Wanted to share some progress pics before I left for vacation, and also check in to see how everyone elses' projects were going. How are you all, projects-related or otherwise?

I'm really, really liking how the beaded crochet bracelet is coming along. Also, the cat decided to adopt/steal my friendship bracelet pattern prototype as a toy. The pattern is coming along well; the first third is done. Everything is still an unfinished object, but progress is being made, so I'm happy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

TeaMistress

Oh my goodness, you have the most beautiful cat! ♡.♡

Also those bracelets look great!

I might have started a bit earlier than the 6th... buuut here's the stuff I've made so far. I'm pretty proud of the cake ones, and I guess I'll be making more of those since I ran out of purple embroidery string. ^_^

13413624_1153963751335257_65515148896437

crafts_not_coitus

I might have started a bit earlier than the 6th... buuut here's the stuff I've made so far. I'm pretty proud of the cake ones, and I guess I'll be making more of those since I ran out of purple embroidery string. ^_^

Wow! Those look fantastic!!! You're very talented!

I've been knitting. The photographs aren't that great, but I thought I'd share.

As you will see, I've used different shades of purple, and I'd love to know what your thoughts are. How true to the colours on the flag does the purple need to be so that it's still recognisably ace? (The colours I've used here have at least as much to do with what shades I've been able to lay my hands on as with my personal preferences.)

Ace20stuff20resized_zps0umpqe7m.jpg

ace20wristwarmer_zpspjeycamu.jpg?t=14657

crafts_not_coitus

I've been knitting. The photographs aren't that great, but I thought I'd share.

As you will see, I've used different shades of purple, and I'd love to know what your thoughts are. How true to the colours on the flag does the purple need to be so that it's still recognisably ace? (The colours I've used here have at least as much to do with what shades I've been able to lay my hands on as with my personal preferences.)

OMG those are gorgeous!!!! I think you should use whichever purple speaks to you, since you're the one who has to work with it and/or wear it. Personally, I adore the plum (or is it eggplant?) on the fingerless gloves. A google image search for "asexual flag" results in several different purples, so I think you should use what makes you happy.

crafts_not_coitus

I finally finished a thing! I'm still on vacation, but the tubular beaded crochet bracelet is complete!

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
crafts_not_coitus

I finally finished the friendship bracelet pattern, and the hat, too! If anybody would like to test the pattern for me, or make the bracelet, the pattern is public on Google docs, and can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0cot55KZ2QDNHQzZUtRdFZycm8/view?usp=sharing

Aw crap why did I only see this at the end of June? Well I made an ace flag-ish shirt for Pride on Saturday, gotta try it on and see whether I want to add something or not.

I finally finished the friendship bracelet pattern, and the hat, too! If anybody would like to test the pattern for me, or make the bracelet, the pattern is public on Google docs, and can be found here:

Gonna try that next time I wanna make something. :D

crafts_not_coitus

Since this is the last day of June, I want to say thanks everybody for crafting along! You all made some amazing Ace Pride stuff, and it was fun to craft together!

Crafts_not_coitus: thank you for starting this thread. It has been fun! Thanks also for sharing the pattern for your bracelet. I plan to try this out. Your instructions look great. I think even I will be able to follow them! :)

Crafts_not-Coitus: I just wanted you to know that I have used your pattern! It took my several goes to get the hang of the backwards knots (I'm very, very new to friendship bracelets), but I finally managed it, and I'm very happy with the result! Thank you so much for writing and sharing the pattern! :)

I'm so chuffed, I think I may have to make another one! :)

crafts_not_coitus
"Crafts_not-Coitus: I just wanted you to know that I have used your pattern! It took my several goes to get the hang of the backwards knots (I'm very, very new to friendship bracelets), but I finally managed it, and I'm very happy with the result! Thank you so much for writing and sharing the pattern! :)

I'm so chuffed, I think I may have to make another one! :)"

You have no idea how very happy that makes me!!! I'm so glad you were able to make it according to the instructions (which must have meant there were no glaring errors in the pattern, I hope?) and even more happy that you were happy with the result!!! Hooray!!! Thank you so much for sharing this feedback, you've certainly put a smile on my face today!!! :D

UncommonNonsense

Here's my entry. I've had it finished about a week and a half ago but got busy and forgot to take the pics.

This is the largest dreamcatcher I've made so far. It's made of plastic lace (gimp, boondoggle, scoubidou, rexlace... whatever you call it). It's about 8 inches in diameter. So here it is, folks.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah266/oprssara/IMG_2207_zpspw7pdxru.jpg

I really like the bracelets you made, crafts_not_coitus. I'll have to try out your pattern eventually.

And the dreamcatcher looks great too, UncommonNonsense.

I've been planning on making a scarf (or a beanie or even a throw blanket, haven't decided yet) in ace colors for a little while now. Just haven't gotten the correct yarn to do so. I did a couple months ago crochet 'wrap' a hairband in almost the ace flag colors. Had all the colors except for grey, so I might try to find a grey hairband and just redo it. Doesn't work as well for a hairtie like I thought it still would (it's loose enough), but it's nice enough for a sort of friendship bracelet without the worry of it breaking off or anything, which I always worry about with those. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Queen of Wonderland

Is this still something that's going on? I just now found this thread, and it seems fun! I'd love to try to participate, if I can think of things to make.

crafts_not_coitus

Is this still something that's going on? I just now found this thread, and it seems fun! I'd love to try to participate, if I can think of things to make.

It seemed to die out as the month went on, so a continuation didn't happen. :-(

Queen of Wonderland

Aw, that's unfortunate. I'd've loved to have joined in :/

Gentle Giant

If you happen to make a craft, you could always add it here. Maybe more people will continue to participate then.

So far I've gotten the white section of a small throw blanket I'm crocheting complete. Just got grey yarn and purple yarn a few days ago and just started on the grey half of it. Having to piece it together semi-backwards since before I'd bought more yarn I'd only had white to begin with and thus started off with it. So I'm crocheting grey onto the white piece I've already finished and then I'll either make the purple separate and then attach it or just crochet it on upside down to the white piece. Unsure if that would work or how that would even look. We'll see. Might post a picture after I get the grey part done since that will be basically half of the blanket complete.

Plan on getting black yarn eventually and then perhaps doing a black border around the whole thing once I get the black piece finished. But then I'll have a nice throw blanket made. Granted no issues come up.

crafts_not_coitus

Yay, that's awesome! I'm sure it'll look great!

Do you all think there might be enough renewed interest in a craft-along to do one for the month of August?

Do you all think there might be enough renewed interest in a craft-along to do one for the month of August?

That could be fun. :D

imnotafreakofnature!

I had hoped to join in July, but life got in the way (and it doesn't look like it happened this month, anyway :( ). But I might be able to jump in next month!

Queen of Wonderland

Hmm, looks like this might be picking up again?? I'll have to pick up my normal pace if I want to make something during July... :)

crafts_not_coitus

A new "August Visibility Craft-along" Topic has been posted, for those who would be interested in participating!

Archived