amount of crushes?

starry-night-sky

I'm a teenager and have had no crushes (that I remember). However, I have had many squishes. When I was between the ages of about 5 -11 I almost always had a squish on someone. However, after I turned 12 I almost never got squishes and could go a full year without having a single one. My last squish was about 2 months ago (before that I hadn't had a squish for a year) and it only lasted about 2-3 days. Is it normal for your number of attractions to people to decrease in number in such a short period of time?

Twisted Tempest

I am 22 years old, and have had (and still have) only one. Though I don't know 100% if crush is the right word for it, as it almost feels like it undermines how strong it is, if that makes sense? 

almost 18

zero real crushes, but a whole ton of squishes. what can I say, i like admiring people. currently i have a squish that has absolutely dominated all of the other ones, they aren’t even relevant anymore.

I’m 15 and I think I’ve had 2 or 3. I don’t get crushes often but when I do they don’t tend to be random people who I’ve just met or have randomly seen on the streets or something. Every time it has been someone I see a lot. Currently do not have a crush

I'm 15 years old right now and I have two crushes that lasted exactly for one day (weird-I know). I don't really get crushes often and it has been several years since my last crush (3-4 years) 

not_all_who_wander

Sorry if I missed someone asking this earlier...but can someone define crush? I’ve never quite understood what the word means.

I’m 26. I’ve fallen in love once. I’ve also had times where I’ve felt like I’ve wanted to be in a relationship, so I’d pick a guy I thought was a cool person to try to focus my thoughts on them romantically, but it never stuck past a few weeks. Not sure if that’s a crush, but I’ve had maybe three or four of those.

Then there’s the guys i admire who I’m drawn to because they are struggling with something and handling it well. I get a weird combo of admiration and fierce healing/protective instinct towards that particular guy. I feel pretty connected to them, too, cause of my own background. That’s happened to me about twice.

Almost 20.

I have no current crushes as it stands now but I did have a couple of crushes here and there when my romantic attraction went from tomboys to nonbinary and androgynous people to guys to pretty much everyone depending on their intelligence and personality.

• 3 weeks later...
Randomconfused

I'm 18 and I've had a few crushes but I really only wanna count one of them. The other ones were in elementary/middle school and I don't feel like they really count cuz my last crush was way different lol. 

Well I am 30 and have only had 3 crushes. One was this girl I was into in high school that I dated for about 2 years and the other was a girl that I liked for a very long time but never turned into anything other than just friends because I was confused about why I wanted to be with them but not have sex with them. Then there is this man in my life that I am trying to be with in my life right now that I hope works out well but I don't know how to tell them because they are younger than me and don't want that to hold us back. It's funny because I never crush on people but its hard when I do, I wouldn't consider myself picky but maybe? If I don't see a person and get that overload of emotion as soon as i meet them I won't crush on them ever. I think that 3 is quite a low number but you just sometimes meet those people and sparks will fly when you find them : D. Kinda like a bomb goes off in your head, I personally think if anyone has feelings like this towards someone they should try to at least pursue them.

Dead account 4444

I'm 13 and I have about 3 crushes (one of them is a friend) in my school. I don't want a sexual relationship with any of them, I'd like a romantic relationship with my biggest crush maybe but I'm fine with just platonic relationships really. Also I honestly have no idea if that's an average number of crushes for a 13 year old lol

maybeimamazed

I'm 27 and I've had... I think maybe 5, between the ages of 12 and 17.

But I'm still not sure if they were crushes or just aesthetic attraction. I can say for sure that I've never been in love.

Far too many 'delusional' fleeting crushes, two long-term crushes. It seems that I never crush on the people I end up falling in love with.

I've had about 2 crushes and I'm 20, it's really mostly been aesthetic (thinking they look nice) rather than really thinking I want to go out with them. I sort of got nervous around them but I never really wanted to go out with them, but seeing them made me smile. I don't have them often, I think it's relatively low for someone my age.

DarkStormyKnight

I'm 24 and have had maybe 4 or 5? I'm unsure with a couple of crushes if they actually "count" to me, but that's fine. I think I was in love once, but after that crashed and burned I started identifying as gray-ro since I think I have had lower than average amount of crushes and the term just fits me.

• 3 months later...
brookienoellie

-I'm a 15 year old female.

-I had 5 crushes in between the ages 11 through 14 (+ a few months), but had 4 just in the last year.

-But I want to say that two of the four this last year we're girls, and whether this is just random and won't continue or I'm bisexual I'm not sure if so the moment.

-I was going to say average maybe a bit above but after reading like 5 responses on a row that say they're 20-30 and they've had like 3 crushes maybe mine is a high number.

-Also all of these lasted for at least a month and it wasn't just a passing by "oh you're hot". And actually now that I think about this more I don't remember the last time (before the age 10 or 11) I didn't have a crush on someone, because I tend to like someone and not do anything about it for months until finally find someone new and repeat the process.

-One of the five crushes (ages 10-14) lasted for probably two years, and I think I only got over him because we moved and I haven't seen him in a year now.

-Last thing I'll say is that I've never dated anyone ever and that could be causing the increasing number of crushes as I get more... desperate, I guess is a word for it.

This thread has not been active for a long time and is now being locked. If anyone would like to discuss this topic further, feel free to start a new thread about it.

Laurann,

Archived