amount of crushes?

starry-night-sky

starry-night-sky

I'm just wondering how many crushes other people had and what's an average number (of course that depends on the age of the person, too). So, how old are you? How many crushes did you have? How often do you have a crush? Do you think you that's a high, a low or an average number?

SpeedinThroughSpace

I'll break the ice because I'm curious about the same thing.

-One, I suppose, although it wasn't like a crush is usually described as... No butterfly stuff and no constant thinking about her, but I loved her and I wanted to be close. I shall keep calling it a crush.

-Um, one time in my entire life? I don't even get casual, mild crushes as I heard people mention...

-I think it's fair to say that is a low number. ;)

Grumpy Alien

I'm 23 and I've had maybe 3 crushes. (Not counting ones I sort of made up to feel normal.) I'm gonna guess that's a little below average. I rarely get them. Two were in grade school and one is current.

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

Well I'm 18 and I've never had a crush sooo I'm assuming that's pretty darn low :lol:

I have squishes though if that counts for anything :D

Apollonius

well i had a total of 3 crushes but one turned out to be my first love....

I guess I had 3 or more per teen year. Now it seems to take way longer for one to happen.

UncommonNonsense

I'm 40.

I have had 2 crushes in my life... which I now realize were more accurately described as 'squishes', because there was never any 'this person is hot!" or "Maybe I might want to eventually make out with/have sex with this person" component to the crush or any "I want to date this person" feel to it. It was more like "I want to be this person's best friend and hang out with them forever!". Both of these happened before I turned 20, and I haven't had one since.

The first was with someone who I'd been friends with since grade 4, who had often tried to protect me from an abusive teacher and classmate bullies back then, and he made me feel safe and I liked his character, honour, humour, and the passion with which he approached his interests. The second was with my boss when I was 18, a man who was teaching me sooooooo much. I admired his extreme intelligence, his quirky humour, his non-conformist nature, the way he spoke, and his willingness to take the time to educate me and others.

I know that 2 crushes by the age of 40 is a *very* low number. This is one reason I feel that 'Aromantic' is a label that fits me well.

I'm 18. I've had 0 crushes. Never. Very low. xD

If you're trying to find out if you're aromantic, an extremely good indicator is whether your crush number > 0. I've had 4 squishes though.

AceInhibitor

I'm 21 and I've had...about 9 I think, eight boys and a girl. Mine tend to last until I stop seeing them for whatever reason, usually because I wasn't friends with any of the boys I had a crush on so if we weren't in classes or drama rehearsals together I basically didn't see them. Maybe 10, I'm still trying to decide whether I had a crush on one friend of mine. I don't know I guess that's an average to high number? It's just been the same person for almost the past 2 years though.

Turning 42 next month... and I've had more crushes than I can count, possibly even in the three-dights range. Even if we only count those that were very serious (i.e., threw me completely emotionally off-kilter for a handful of months), I still come up to somewhere around a dozen.

I think it's a pretty high number, and consider my natural state to be hyperromantic. (Which makes the difference that SSRI medication caused, which turned me effectively aro about eight years ago, all the more drastic.)

I'm 21 and I've only had 2 real ones. I'm pretty sure that's a really low number for someone who's survived high school considering what I've seen. For what I felt though, I didn't feel the symptoms like other people have. I acted the same way I did before, with the only difference being that my brain felt tingly and more alert.

Rising Sun

I'm 31, I fell in love twice (number 2 still active). I never had crushes without serious feelings.

That's all.

In contrast, squishes... Counting all the squishes I've had would be impossible. Real life and fictional ones, small ones and huge ones,temporary ones and long-term ones. Thanks God they aren't crushes, I'd be a nightmare to be around otherwise !

No crush on real guys around me, 5 celebrity squishes,,2 fictional character squishes !!!! :wub:

Im 23, and i think this amount is pretty average !!!

Still waiting for a "real"crush !! :rolleyes:

OccultWolf

I'm 17 and I've had one crush. I think that is a rather low number because people around me seems to change "crushes" every few months.

I'm 20 and I had maybe one or two crushes (if they were real crushes, I'm not sure) and that's a pretty low number for sure.

hecatonicosachoron

I'm 16 and I've had two crushes (both girls). They were basically full-on obsession with said person, and the first one took at least a year to go away. I don't know how long the second one will take, because it hasn't gone away yet. Both were on very close friends.

I've always considered this vaguely normal, but people around me don't seem to think so.

firestring

It's a silly answer but I don't know. There was a girl at school who I would consider having a crush on, and no one else has made me feel that way. But then again, I once got close to a woman (asexual) in a way that felt like we were sort of a couple and no one else has made me feel that way either. And those two facts do not contradict each other, because my feelings for both females were strong feelings that I cant put into words - but they were different feelings from each other. The first was more of a 'this girl is like my dream girl from a book or a film' whereas the second was more of a 'this woman makes me feel comfortable and safe'. There have also been many other women who I consider cute and gave me those same feelings but not as strongly. So what is a crush? Does the feelings have to cross a certain threshold of potency? And how can you define a crush when the way each person makes you feel is unique?

Galactic Turtle

22 years old.

1 crush? I think? Not really sure what that was but it was different so I'll call it a crush.

I'm 25 and I think I've had around 5 real crushes on real people. I've also had a few fleeting or not very serious crushes, crushes on a bunch on fictional(mainly anime) characters, and a couple of people I just made up in my head. I always seemed to have a crush on someone when I was 14-17 years old, then I didn't really have a crush on anyone until I started crushing on fictional characters and made up people when I was 21.

Sage Raven Domino

I'm not going to disclose my age. I started having these disasters 12 years ago (fortunately, I'm more immune to them now as I'm able to rationalise them better). I don't call such a thing a 'crush' as it's a negative event, more like possession by a witch, an emotional dependency or a brain short-circuit.

It's triggered by a combination of fetishes (when too many of them occur in one girl) and manifests itself as an obsessive desire to think about the girl during masturbation, which then results in intrusive thoughts about her at other times. There's however no desire to interact with her in any way - I wish her to disappear from my life (alas it's not always possible).

Now that I've learned that aromanticism and romance repulsion are real concepts, being possessed never makes me want to get into a relationship (previously, because of societal myths, I thought that making a romantic move would relieve the pain, but it never did and I never wanted it genuinely).

Over the 12 years, I've suffered 5 major (= lasting for over 2 weeks cumulatively) and 15-20 minor episodes of possession. I guess this frequency of getting crushes (in romantic people) is about average (in those don't have a steady romantic partner yet, of course). Those are not exact figures as I might have lost count.

touching-not-so-much

I'm 42 and have had 4 crushes - 2 in elementary school, 1 when I was about 16 and 1 with a girl -well, woman, we were both 25- I talked to online for a few years. I've never been "in love" or in a relationship, which takes two to Macarena.

Apple Cake

I'm 15. I've had three or four, maybe even five crushes, but I just count two as "real". The first one was a boy, I was like 9 or 10, and he was kind of my best friend (not "oficially" but he was the guy I spent more time with). Friendship was all I wanted. It lasted for four or five years.

The second one was a girl from my class, again, I just wanted to be her friend, be close to her and sort of "create love". I still feel thesame way

QuirkyNeon

I'm 23 and I've had...3 serious crushes and I would assume that's on the low side considering I know people that have new serious crushes like every day haha. I don't get casual crushes either, it's usually all or nothing with me, and I haven't had a crush in like 3 years so there's that.

Anthracite_Impreza

22, and a big fat 0. Squishes though, more than 5 less than 10.

Cinnamon Biscuit

How old are you? How many crushes did you have?

I'm in my 30's and I've had lots of major and minor crushes (25 would be a safe estimate). I could count them all, but I don't feel like it atm. Most of them were under the age of 22. I moved around a lot, so my crushes as well as friendships changed up a lot. I think if I stayed still I would have more long term crushes and thus less crushes.

How often do you have a crush? Do you think you that's a high, a low, or an average number?

I usually have a crush on someone at any given point in time. The older I get the less often I have crushes though. There's been a lot of dry spells. I've only had one major crush in the last 4-5 years. Well it's outrageously high in comparison to this thread haha. I do think I crush a lot, but not that much more than the average person. Maybe that's a flawed assumption though.

I felt like I had one serious crush when I was about 18 years old and another "half" one about six months later (where feelings for my then closest friend reached a different level, which I just assumed must have been love. Duh.) I liked both of them very, very much - I still do! - but somehow I never thouht anything through to the point of where anything like this would be supposed to go. I didn't like the feeling itself, though. Not even sure if that counts at all, so I can relate to a lot that UncommonNonsense said in their post.

It's up to you to decide whether this is high or low; I'm 33 now.

El-not-so-ace

I have had so many crushes, it's crazy. I pretty much usually have one at any given time, whether it's a person in real life or on TV. So often that that's why one of my friends doubted that I was asexual back then because she assumed that the two are connected directly. xD

Cinnamon Biscuit

I have had so many crushes, it's crazy. I pretty much usually have one at any given time, whether it's a person in real life or on TV. So often that that's why one of my friends doubted that I was asexual back then because she assumed that the two are connected directly. xD

I only commented about people I knew personally. If we're including celebrities or fictional characters.... uh... the number for me would be really high. So many fictional crushes... :D

Archived