Chat ban length changes announcement

Hello AVENites.

The Admod team has discussed chatban lengths accompanied by nudges, and it has been decided that they will be shortened from one week to three days. Also, due to the shortened length, chatbans accompanied by nudges cannot be appealed because the complete appeal process also takes three days at minimum for the admod team to respond. We hope these changes are less harsh and will also give the nudged member a chance to cool down from chat.

On behalf of the Admod Team,
Kisa the Cat, Administrator

Booo, should have increased it to 30 days.

Not sure if you're serious or joking?

Nudges aren't for anything serious, like not actually breaking ToS. It's like ''hey you didn't break ToS, but just want you to be aware you were getting close to it so be aware of this in the future'' ...Why ban someone for 30 days over that, when anyone who doesn't know the ToS well or is new might accidentally come close to breaking ToS?

I got a nudge in chat when I'd only been on AVEN like a week, for accidentally saying ''real men can't get pregnant though'' in response to someone saying ''men can be pregnant and birth babies too!'' ..but I meant biologically male humans, people born with penises, and was typing in a hurry which is why it came out like that. I didn't mean transmen aren't men though and apologized profusely, but yeah, got a nudge (because it does sound bad how I worded it!). Also, I saw someone recently get a nudge for saying ''I think x user might be trolling?'' in response to a question someone else asked about x users extremely negative behaviour. That person was newbie who had only been on AVEN a couple of days and it was their first time in chat, but they got a nudge to let them know that we don't use the ''T'' word in chat *rolls eyes at stupid rule*

So yeah, a 30 day chat ban for a nudge is just ridiculous and pointless? I imagine it would turn a lot of people off AVEN, who actually were looking for support and community in relation to their own or their partners asexuality.

Archived