Confession: I'm Super Attracted To FtM Transmen (Is that bad?)

God of the Forest

God of the Forest

*= Not sure if that's appropriate

First of all, please forgive my ignorance..I don't know if "Transmen*" is appropriate or if just "Men" is preferred, I've been told both ways..anyway..

I find myself attracted to FtM Men/Transmen* romantically and almost prefer them to men that were assigned male at birth I don't know why quite yet, i'm still trying to figure that out..I don't wanna risk fetishizing a person and offending them because of my feelings. As a gay man who has an attraction towards FtM transmen*, to be honest I'm actually quite happy to have made this discovery of myself because it helps me have a better idea of what I like..that's not to say that I wont ever give a cis person a chance again, but for me a transman would be the top of the heap..that's also not to say that personality isn't a factor, obviously I couldn't ever be with anyone who has no personality..I guess a partner that happens to be a transman would me a major plus as opposed to a prerequisite

Am I the only one? Does this make me an asshole? :unsure:

Rare Aztec Whstling Chickn

If you're legitimately attracted to them, then it isn't fetishising. I'm not sure if androromantic would cover it, or if there's a specific term for being attracted to certain trans people.

I myself have found that I can be attracted to trans women myself in the last few months, as well as bio women, so yeah. These things do happen sometimes.

God of the Forest

If you're legitimately attracted to them, then it isn't fetishising. I'm not sure if androromantic would cover it, or if there's a specific term for being attracted to certain trans people.

I myself have found that I can be attracted to trans women myself in the last few months, as well as bio women, so yeah. These things do happen sometimes.

I think you might be on to something actually Tal, because even though I am gay I also am often attracted to masculine women..although they always turn out to be lesbians.. so Androromantic is definitely a strong theory! thanks!

damage_case

I am a straight asexual who does 'enjoy' or am attracted to certain beautiful transgender females... the ones who look super cute. Maybe its superficial... and obviously its purely sexual. But I do have that fetish. I dont know... its definitely not a preference... but I am not exclusive about it.

God of the Forest

I am a straight asexual who does 'enjoy' or am attracted to certain beautiful transgender females... the ones who look super cute. Maybe its superficial... and obviously its purely sexual. But I do have that fetish. I dont know... its definitely not a preference... but I am not exclusive about it.

hmm.. you might like Gigi gorgeous, she's MTF

I'll just quote my reply to you from the other thread because I am too lazy to type it again haha.

My ''type'' is penis, regardless of gender. That's when it comes to ''meat'' (ie non-fictional) people. For fictional people,I am pan (hence, PanFicto) ..but yeah, I personally find transwomen (pre-genital op) utterly, amazingly sexy. I get that this probably makes me extremely shallow (my preference for a penis, regardless of gender.. despite the fact that I have no enjoyment of sex haha - don't put that penis inside me!) but.. I just can't help how I feel. However, that's not a fetish to me, it's just a type 'preference' ..Like you said, how some prefer blondes to brunettes. And then there is the fact that aesthetically, I have a strong preference for women. I just don't want to be intimate with women.. I am weird.

God of the Forest

I'll just quote my reply to you from the other thread because I am too lazy to type it again haha.

My ''type'' is penis, regardless of gender. That's when it comes to ''meat'' (ie non-fictional) people. For fictional people,I am pan (hence, PanFicto) ..but yeah, I personally find transwomen (pre-genital op) utterly, amazingly sexy. I get that this probably makes me extremely shallow (my preference for a penis, regardless of gender.. despite the fact that I have no enjoyment of sex haha - don't put that penis inside me!) but.. I just can't help how I feel. However, that's not a fetish to me, it's just a type 'preference' ..Like you said, how some prefer blondes to brunettes. And then there is the fact that aesthetically, I have a strong preference for women. I just don't want to be intimate with women.. I am weird.

:wub:

TarinSai80

I can relate to you original post. I wondered the same thing about myself for a long time, worrying if I fetishized transmen. Ultimately, I realized that the thing, I was attracted to, was not their gender og gender identity, but rather their androgynous appearance. I don't know if there's a word for being attracted to androgyni, but if there is, it certainly applies to me.

If I might ask - specifically what about transmen is it, that you find attracting? I asked myself that question over and over, until I realized what I wrote above. Maybe it's certain features, you're attracted to, that's just more common in transmen? And therefore it isn't a case of fetishizing them.

dissolved

In my personal experience and from what I've heard from other trans guys, yeah it's pretty common.

As long as it's in a respectable way then it's not bad, no :D

damage_case

In my personal experience and from what I've heard from other trans guys, yeah it's pretty common.

I am physically attracted to certain beautiful transgender females. Obviously its superficial and I do not wish to have relationships with them... but its arousing. Since Im not 'using' them and not ridiculing them... is it respectable?

Anthracite_Impreza

No one can help who they're attracted to; as long as you treat them with as much respect as everyone else it really shouldn't be an issue!

God of the Forest

I can relate to you original post. I wondered the same thing about myself for a long time, worrying if I fetishized transmen. Ultimately, I realized that the thing, I was attracted to, was not their gender og gender identity, but rather their androgynous appearance. I don't know if there's a word for being attracted to androgyni, but if there is, it certainly applies to me.

If I might ask - specifically what about transmen is it, that you find attracting? I asked myself that question over and over, until I realized what I wrote above. Maybe it's certain features, you're attracted to, that's just more common in transmen? And therefore it isn't a case of fetishizing them.

Thats interesting. It's more like I'm in awe of them and am just utterly fascinated by them

dissolved

I am physically attracted to certain beautiful transgender females. Obviously its superficial and I do not wish to have relationships with them... but its arousing. Since Im not 'using' them and not ridiculing them... is it respectable?

What is it that floats your boat exactly? The fact that they're female or that they're trans?

If you like all beautiful women, regardless of whether they're cis or trans, I don't see an issue.

I can also say from personal experience that it's not uncommon. In my opinion it's not bad and I wouldn't think less of someone who is more interested in me because I'm trans.

As a trans dude I can say, at least in my opinion, it in no way makes you an 'a**hole'. Listen, even if it was a fetish it would not make you a bad person since fetishes and preferences aren't voluntary. As long as you're honest about it I really see no issue.

damage_case

What is it that floats your boat exactly? The fact that they're female or that they're trans?

If you like all beautiful women, regardless of whether they're cis or trans, I don't see an issue.

Like I said... a beautiful face/body with a certain extra intrigues me. Also, the familiarity of a body part thats quite like mine is appealing. Plus... in my head it seems like they're more in tune with a man's brain vis a vis his struggles and psychology... and would be more appreciative and respectful to the man then some women.

Not to sound disrespectful... but crossdressers or those transgendered females that are 'transitioning' with a five o clock shadow Im not into... just 'certain' absolutely gorgeous ones.

God of the Forest

I have a crush on this guy :wub:

The Not So Impossible Girl

I had a conversation with my roommate about this exact thing once because she was feeling insecure that people thought she had some kind of fetish for transdudes. She identifies as pansexual, more leaning on the aro/grayromantic scale

She was like, "Do you think people think I'm weird? Like I have a fetish?"

And I was like, "Listen, heteronormative society says that trans people are inherently unattractive and that the only instance in which someone would be attracted to a trans person is if they had some kind of involuntary fetish for them. An "abnormality", if you will. This is wrong. If being attracted to a certain kind of person was generally considered a fetish, then a man being consistently attracted to ciswomen would be a fetish. But it's not, because it's considered "normal". If you are genuinely attracted to the transmen you meet, you should not feel bad about that. You are completely allowed to be genuinely attracted to transdudes. I know that you aren't attracted to them just because they are trans. You are interested in them as whole, complete people, not as objects. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for liking someone just because they aren't what society thinks you "should" be attracted to."

And after that, she felt better about it.

God of the Forest

I had a conversation with my roommate about this exact thing once because she was feeling insecure that people thought she had some kind of fetish for transdudes. She identifies as pansexual, more leaning on the aro/grayromantic scale

She was like, "Do you think people think I'm weird? Like I have a fetish?"

And I was like, "Listen, heteronormative society says that trans people are inherently unattractive and that the only instance in which someone would be attracted to a trans person is if they had some kind of involuntary fetish for them. An "abnormality", if you will. This is wrong. If being attracted to a certain kind of person was generally considered a fetish, then a man being consistently attracted to ciswomen would be a fetish. But it's not, because it's considered "normal". If you are genuinely attracted to the transmen you meet, you should not feel bad about that. You are completely allowed to be genuinely attracted to transdudes. I know that you aren't attracted to them just because they are trans. You are interested in them as whole, complete people, not as objects. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for liking someone just because they aren't what society thinks you "should" be attracted to."

And after that, she felt better about it.

You are awesome! Thank you! That makes me feel so much better! You really put that into perspective for me and I even dare say because of what you just said, any conflict or guilt I felt towards these attractions I'm experiencing are gone. thank you so much!

• 1 year later...
Albert Milcham

God of the forest

That is super cool to know. I am an amab, masculine gay man who is transitiong to getting bottom surgery only and becoming a transman. Would you like a man partner like this?

• 7 months later...

I consider myself bisexual and have been seeing transmen exclusively for the past couple years. I've been seeing Sami for about a month and use male pronouns so most see us as a gay couple. The only people who know any different are his close friends and family. Why I am attracted to transmen I don't know or why they seem to be attracted to me.  Personally when I'm with a transman I want to be intimate. I find myself making sexual advances. I wouldn't do that with cis gay men nor cis women. I do remember being attracted to a lesbian when I was younger but nothing came of it because I wouldn't make the first move and she wasn't bisexual. Searching for answers to why I feel this way is how I found this thread here.  It is nice to see I'm not alone and I look forward to others contributing to this thread.

Celyn: The Lutening

I think being attracted to trans people of whatever gender is often about the androgyny of them. I find myself preferring trans, androgynous people myself, so being one I guess that makes me homoromantic? Although like OP it's not that I would dismiss cis people.

• 1 year later...

as a ftm trans guy, i'm super insecure about dating because i know almost everyone will be weirded about my body (i'm on testosterone for two years now, getting top surgery soon) and this thread made me feel a little better. i'm always scared that i'll end up dying alone a virgin to be honest lmao. but yeah you can't help who you're attracted to and as long as you're respectful it doesn't matter that much. i wish i could find people irl with this mindset haha

This thread has not been active for a long time and is now being locked. If anyone would like to discuss this topic further, feel free to start a new thread about it.

Laurann, moderator

Archived