David Jay is Speaking at Yale University Thursday, April 21

tase

I wish one of you were there tonight.

I did ok.

He was very approachable today and any of you would have had ample time to make your cases.

No it's great that you did, just a thread here he is actively involved in would be ideal because that way people from different parts of the world can contribute, instead of just people readily available to get to an in-person conference :p

Here he is

14topdi.jpg

That picture is cracking me up.. he looks exactly like a cowboy from an old western in the way he is walking (I'm picturing that in slow-motion) and his facial expression. He just needs some guns on his hips and he could be some gunslinger going into a tavern and buy himself a whiskey and the company of a corseted lady :P

Here's another layer to add.... "Some people call him the ace cowboy / some call him the gangster of love..." ;)

Perissodactyla

Too bad he's gone relatively 'undercover' in recent years... although it's quite understandable... especially if lobbying and policy formation efforts are a priority.

But for many here, he's very charismatic - motivating, energizing and inspiring so many people, I'm guessing. Cheer leading is important, obviously! :)

Would be nice if there was an eventual sequel to '(A)sexual (2011)' or something different. Talks at conferences are very good, but it's not the most interesting narrative way to tell stories and convey ideas, of course.

In addition to the perceived increase in research projects investigating asexuality, it would be nice if more filmmakers also turned their creative attention towards exploring the topic(s) and the various actors representing all the variations of interpretations and styles of coming to terms with what it means in people's lives. Would be nice if researchers made some kind of effort to contact and include filmmakers on their project team from the beginning, for example.

congrats, tase! i'm glad that you went. :) it's great that you got to talk to him one-on-one, and you got some answers from him! :D

:cake::cake::cake::cake:

We had filmmakers there, DJ made them cut camera several times when certain topics were discussed.

He spent a good five minutes explaining that he is in contact with every survey company in the world so that there will be some new substantial ace stats available in a year or two. I mentioned how basic survey questions don't relate well to asexual responses. He agreed completely, but said using standard survey questions makes the results more legit. Then he followed with about six or seven questions that are unanswerable for asexuals. So I'm not sure what these stats will show when tabulated.

Archived