Asexuality study UK looking for participants

MariaYork

EDIT (May 31, 2016): Thanks everybody so much for volunteering to participate! Because of the high response (again, thank you!!), we're closing data collection earlier than planned, and are no longer looking for participants.

We are conducting a study on romantic and sexual attitudes in asexual individuals at the University of York, Psychology department. If you have questions or would like to participate, please email Maria at msb540@york.ac.uk

Are you eligible?

- At least 18 years old

- Native English speakers only

- All genders and romantic orientations are welcome

- You are in the UK and are willing to meet with the experimenter (either in your city or in York)

What is the study?

- We are studying romantic and sexual attitudes in asexual individuals

- The study is comprised of questionnaires and a computer task

- You will be asked specific questions about your sexual and romantic attitudes, and asked to categorise sexual and romantic words

- It will last around 30 minutes

- You will receive £3 compensation and chocolate

- It is completely anonymous and confidential

If you’re not available at the moment, please note that this study will run until July, and we encourage all those interested to get in contact. More participation means more representation! Asexuality research is extremely sparse so adding to it is very important in spreading awareness. If you want to hear more, or have any questions about the study or your eligibility before volunteering, email Maria at msb540@york.ac.uk. If you’re already interested, we can try to arrange an appointment that’s convenient for you. (Note: the experimenter coming to your city will be possible under conditions that may be discussed over email)

- You will receive £3 compensation and chocolate

I'd be sold... if I was in the UK :<

This research request has been approved by the Project Team.

Steph

Dedicated Research Contact

I have sent you an e-mail. :) Out of interest, how many participants do you need/hope to get?

I have sent you an e-mail. :) Out of interest, how many participants do you need/hope to get?

Thanks for you email! In answer to your question, we're looking for as many participants as possible, with a minimum of 20!

• 2 weeks later...
angelislington

Hi there,

How far exactly are you able to travel to meet people who can't come to York? I'd like to participate in this survey, but I live in Sussex. I could probably meet up in London, but not further, is it possible to answer over email instead?

Thanks!

MariaYork

Hi there,

How far exactly are you able to travel to meet people who can't come to York? I'd like to participate in this survey, but I live in Sussex. I could probably meet up in London, but not further, is it possible to answer over email instead?

Thanks!

Thanks for the interest! I've private messaged you.

I'd be interested in helping out. While it's possible I could get up to York on a few days in the week, it would be ideal to meet somewhere closer to home (I'm in Gloucestershire) or over e-mail. Happy to discuss further on PM though :)

Anthracite_Impreza

I would be interested if you'd travel to my city (less than half an hour by train).

• 4 weeks later...
MrsDuckyFuzzles

I have sent an email too but I'm not in York so this will only work if someone happens to be coming up here to Derby.

Hi Maria,

I see you have now closed 'applications' for participants. Will you be coming down to Surrey, or do you have enough people nearer York?

Best of luck either way!

Heidi :)

Archived