Ace Pride

How do you celebrate ace pride? I'm looking for suggestions :)

WinterWanderer

I wear my ace ring pretty much everywhere I go. And I wear a lot of purple, but mostly because it's my favorite color :p

EnterCreativeName

I wouldn't say I celebrate it, but I have an ace ring that I wear everyday. I also have two bracelets that I made, one made of the asexual flag colors, and one for the aromantic flag colors.

UncommonNonsense

For me, pride is expressed in how open I am about being ace. I don't see it as something to hide or feel awkward about speaking of. I have a few ace awareness stickers on my car, my laptop's case, and my tablet's case, and I make ace-themed jewelry, zipper charms, and keychains (which I also sell!). Every coat I own has an ace flag zipper charm on it, as does my laptop bag. If someone asks about the meaning behind them (because, let's face it, the ace flag is really only known to aces and hasn't got much mainstream exposure), I give them a (usually simplified, to avoid lapsing into jargon and labels) definition of asexuality.

Last year, during Ace Awareness Week, I printed up posters about asexuality, which I put up on my community bulletin boards.

For me, living where I do, being openly ace is safe and, while not widely known, isn't condemned. My country is generally accepting towards non-hetero people, and my city even moreso. So I don't face the obstacles (or even threats) that someone living in a highly conservative, religious area would. I have a lot more freedom to be myself than a lot of people do, so I try to spread awareness when I can.

FerlynnGoldbeard

I wear my ace ring everyday and I have a couple shirts that I wear. I also celebrate by not hiding it. I don't tell people, but I don't hide it.

censorvitae

I always wear my ace ring and I discuss my asexuality pretty openly if it comes up. I allow my friends to ask questions and keep a conversation going to raise awareness.

i used to wear a black ring. then i lost it and i'm kindof picky with jewelry. if i'm not really attracted to it. i'm not even considering it. as it is now i could stare into my jewelry boxes for weeks. i found one i really like but of course i spent all my money on pokemon cards because i really like them. the full art texture foils are so nice...

When it is the Day of Silence at school, I would wear purple and wear ace pins. I am hoping one day I will get a black ring to wear everyday.

SeriousCyclist

I used to wear a black ring, but gay guys often flirted with me when I wore it. I suspect the black ring has some type of symbolic meaning in their society.

I sometimes go to asexual meetings.

To be honest i find it hard to be proud, part of me doesnt want to be ace and sometimes that overshadows the part of me thats ok with it. But im very open about it and sometimes it makes me feel better when i can casually joke about it. I guess a way of showing pride could be efforts to make asexuality a little more normal in conversations with friends. I rarely bring it up but my friends have to started to acknowledge it a bit because i weave it into discussion. The more we talk about the more were known and the easier it is to be openly proud.

Stargazer365

I always wear my black ring. I don't have anything else that specifically says Ace; shirt with pride colors, stickers, etc. Though because it's still cool here some days, I will wear to work black pants with my purple and grey sweater. I need to find something with the colors for spring and summer now, I guess.