Q&A Guidelines - how this forum works

Here are a few guidelines for this forum with explanations of what we might do if they aren't followed. If your thread is moved or locked, or your subject edited, or you are reminded to play nice, don't take it personally that you've done something wrong. We're just doing our job to administer the forum and keep it as tidy as possible. biggrin.gif

1. While this forum is for questions about asexuality to asexuals from either sexuals or other asexuals, anyone can ask and answer in here. Threads started in the wrong place may be moved to an appropriate forum. We will try our best to PM you and tell you where and why.

2. This forum is a friendly place for serious questions. We would like to keep it so that everyone feels welcome to post their question or give an answer so 'play nice' is a bit more tightly enforced in here than it might be in other forums where discussions are likely to get heated. If you are told by an admod to tone it down, or watch your 'tude', it's likely just a reminder to everyone. If a full fledged 'warning' is administered, you will get a PM explanation.

3. Read the FAQ's and/or run a simple search on your question to see if you can find a thread on that topic. Post in that old thread to revive it and ask your related question. Questions deemed to be duplicate of another may be locked with a link to the relevent thread.

4. If at all possible, phrase the question in the subject of your thread as specifically as you can. This helps people know quickly if they can answer and helps those looking for that same answer find it with a search. If you don't do this, your subject line may be changed.

5. Use the phrase 'graphic' or 'explicit' in the title of your thread if you feel that the content of your thread may offend or disturb some individuals and particularly if the topic contains detailed descriptions of sexual activity. This helps the more queezy avenites know what threads to avoid. wink.gif If you don't do it, we probably will.

And of course, if you have any questions, you can PM one of the mods for clarification. smile.gif

• 3 months later...

Hawke said it better than I can, so I'll just say what what she said goes for me. That, and if I am posting in my capacity as a moderator I will make it blatantly clear in that post.

• 9 years later...

Unpinned this thread, can be found here under "About the forum"

SkyWorld

Asexual Q&A Co-Mod