mori child

Aromantic/Cupioromantic Quiz

Aki Siko

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings"

True. I love fictional relationship and I would love to have it in real life. But being realistic I know that's impossible.

2. "I like nearly everything about romantic relationships but do not experience romantic attraction"

Maybe? I mean I like the idea of romantic relationship and I have a few crushes but I can't see myself being in one (only in fantasies)

3. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship, just not with anyone I have ever met"

Maybe? If I get older I can consider having a romantic relationship but I wouldn't mind it with someone I know.

4. "I love the idea of romance but I can't deal with it in real life"

True! I love romance but Seeing my sister's being in a relationship, gross me out.

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)"

False, Being in a romantic relationship is all about feelings. Doing it for just practical reason is No No for me

6. "I think I would like it if someone had romantic feelings for me"

False, it really freaked me out when someone tried to court me. It was so strange that it gave me shivers trying to think about it.

7. "I would be fine in a romantic relationship or a QPR"

Maybe? Not sure.

8. "I would like to know what it's like to experience romantic attraction"

50/50, 50% I would like to experience, 50% the idea is impossible

9. "I'd rather be romantic than aromantic"

False, being Aromantic is the best for me. 

10. "I can't imagine spending the rest of my life as an aromantic person"

Half of me think I can, Half of me think I can't.

11. "Being in a romantic relationship would help me attain other goals in my life"

Maybe? I do have a goal to have a beautiful baby girl and take care of her with all my heart. It's either I can have a romantic relationship or I can just adopt. Either sounds fine.

12. "I think dating sounds like fun"

In fictional, Yeah it sounds fun. In reality, Umm.. Meh?

IrishArcher

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings"

True, as long as those relationships are healthy.

2. "I like nearly everything about romantic relationships but do not experience romantic attraction"

True, for the most part, but I wouldn't enjoy any of those things about romantic relationships if I didn't feel attracted to the person I was with, so I guess I can only enjoy them theoretically.

3. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship, just not with anyone I have ever met"

Yes, except for maybe one or two people.

Yes, but only because the majority of my romantic experiences have been with people I was not romantically attracted to, so I didn't enjoy them.

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)"

Eh, no, not really. Especially not if the other person had feelings for me that I didn't return. Going through the motions is a little exhausting when you don't feel anything.

Not if I didn't reciprocate them. Then it's just awkward and uncomfortable.

7. "I would be fine in a romantic relationship or a QPR"

Probably. I think all I really want is a strong emotional bond. All the extra romantic stuff is just fluff - it can be nice, but it's not necessary.

Yes. I think I do know what it feels like (I've experienced it once) and I would like to feel it again.

Honestly, either would be fine as long as I could be completely one or completely the other. If I could either 1) desire a romantic relationship and feel romantic attraction or 2) not desire a romantic relationship and not feel romantic attraction, that would be great. Instead, I'm out here searching for a feeling I am incapable of feeling 99% of the time because I remember enjoying it the one time I felt it. If I just knew that I could never experience romantic attraction, I wouldn't waste my time trying.

From this point onward? Yeah, I think it would probably bother me because I'd keeping looking for something without knowing I'd never find it. Unless an omniscient being came down and told me that I'd be aromantic for the rest of my life, in which case I could accept it and move on.

11. "Being in a romantic relationship would help me attain other goals in my life"

Eh, probably not. Not really looking to have a family or anything.

Yes, but again, only if I could actually feel something.

HonoraryJedi

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships Yes  and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings"  Don't know

2. "I like nearly everything about romantic relationships but do not experience romantic attraction"  False

3. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship, just not with anyone I have ever met" False

4. "I love the idea of romance but I can't deal with it in real life" Kinda true

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)" False

6. "I think I would like it if someone had romantic feelings for me" Sounds like an awkward situation to me

7. "I would be fine in a romantic relationship or a QPR" Probably false. Not sure about QPRs yet.

8. "I would like to know what it's like to experience romantic attraction"  Maybe, out of curiosity

9. "I'd rather be romantic than aromantic" False, I think I'm fine like this

10. "I can't imagine spending the rest of my life as an aromantic person" False, I think I'm fine like this

11. "Being in a romantic relationship would help me attain other goals in my life" False

12. "I think dating sounds like fun" All of the false

questdrivencollie
On 4/2/2016 at 11:36 AM, mori child said:

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings"

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)"

7. "I would be fine in a romantic relationship or a QPR"

1. Nah, no need.

2. I have experiences limited romantic attraction, so no.

3. Nah.

4. "Love" is a strong word. I do like the idea, just feel no need to have it actually happen.

5. Nah.

6. Maybe?

7. Probably

8. I do know what it's like

9. Meh.

10. I can.

11. Nah.

12. Nope.

laLibby

My Answers:

1. I love reading about them but can't imagine it happening to me personally.

2. I think I like the idea of companionship more.

3. Again, I'm not sure if "romance" is what I'm looking for rather than just companionship.

4. Trueeeee I can't deal with it at all I get really bad anxiety.

5. no?

6. No that's what gives me anxiety xD 

7. romantic relationship probably not, but the idea of a QPR is nice.

8. Maybe. I'm so confused as to what my feelings are sometimes. 

9. Depends? Since I'm super gray-romantic I don't even know if I have a preference for a specific gender or type or anything.  

10. I just don't want to be alone, I'd like a partner and if they were also on the aro spectrum (and preferably completely ace) that would be ideal.

11. In the sense of potentially having children then yes. But that's a decision for along time form now. 

12. I'm very mixed on this one...

DogObsessedLianne

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings" =false, it makes me cringe

2. "I like nearly everything about romantic relationships but do not experience romantic attraction" = false

3. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship, just not with anyone I have ever met" =false

4. "I love the idea of romance but I can't deal with it in real life" =false

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)" = true (I'm strongly alterous with all friends and sometimes a romantic set up is the only way to get this closeness that I desire, but I actually desire it with all my friends but I find most friendships in society emotionally and touch starved, at least in my circles anyway. 

6. "I think I would like it if someone had romantic feelings for me" = false, but it ultimately depends how they then act on it as some alloromantics are much more chilled about it than others, which is the case with my boyf.

7. "I would be fine in a romantic relationship or a QPR" = true

8. "I would like to know what it's like to experience romantic attraction" = don't know, I suppose I'm too nosy about understanding others to not say true!

9. "I'd rather be romantic than aromantic" = false, but it might make life easier if it was true.

10. "I can't imagine spending the rest of my life as an aromantic person" =false

11. "Being in a romantic relationship would help me attain other goals in my life" =true, I like and need affectionate friendships and it at least gives me one of these in my life

12. "I think dating sounds like fun" =false