Aromantic/Cupioromantic Quiz

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings"

True, I would like to experience those types of feelings. 

2. "I like nearly everything about romantic relationships but do not experience romantic attraction"

True, I rarely experience romantic attraction, but I do like everything about romantic relationships. 

3. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship, just not with anyone I have ever met"

True. 

4. "I love the idea of romance but I can't deal with it in real life"

True because I also like being single (I'm a conflicting individual lol)

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)"

False.

6. "I think I would like it if someone had romantic feelings for me"

True

7. "I would be fine in a romantic relationship or a QPR"

Absolutely true. I love the idea of both a QPR or a romantic relationship. 

8. "I would like to know what it's like to experience romantic attraction"

True. I only experienced it only three times in my life.

9. "I'd rather be romantic than aromantic"

Meh....False. I consider myself Gray- aromantic.  I'm fine as I am 

10. "I can't imagine spending the rest of my life as an aromantic person"

False. I'm happy being gray aromantic. 

11. "Being in a romantic relationship would help me attain other goals in my life"

Absolutely not.

12. "I think dating sounds like fun"

Dating sounds annoying to be honest lol.

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings"

I do enjoy fictional romantic relationships and love reading fanfics about my favorite couples but I do not want it for myself

2. "I like nearly everything about romantic relationships but do not experience romantic attraction"

Yup, if it makes people happy. Romantic stuff in movies/books seem nice. But I do not experience romantic attraction it and don't need it.

3. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship, just not with anyone I have ever met"

Nope, never. Being single is my perfect life.

True.

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)"

Nope, never. Ew

Ew, please no.

Nah, never.

Nope, I don't need it.

Not really, I like my aromantic life.

Being aromantic, asexual, and forever single cat mom is my dream come true xD

11. "Being in a romantic relationship would help me attain other goals in my life"

I don't think so.

Maybe. But it's not for me.

• 1 month later...
The Paracosmist

im asexual cupioromantic and here r my answers. 

1. True- it depends but if its a healthy relationship i will like it, but if its sexual it can make me feel uncomfy,

2. True

3. Idk- i think i would be fine/ happy with it, it just feels weird when thinking about since i dont feel romantic attraction 

4. False

5. Confused/false- im unsure if its like tax purposes, sex or something diff. I mainly want to be in one because of feelings tho, (aesthetic/ platonic).

6. True

7. True

8. True- i wanna fall in love, i wanna feel romantic attraction cause without ik i probs wont ask anyone out myself

9. Maybe- apart from the reason above im fine being aromantic

10. False- im hoping i find ‘the one’, or more like ‘the one’ finds me.

11. Maybe- ig its kinda a goal to be in a relationship, not really essential to me tho.

12. True- its sounds fun having a partner.

AspiringAutistic

I identify as aroflux, interested to see what my answers will be like (haven't read the questions beforehand).

Which of the following are true for you?

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings"

Certain ones, yes (season 1 Crowley and Aziraphale is my prime example), others, not so much.

Not quite, certain aspects seem very appealing all the time, some only occasionally, some basically never. Romantic attraction likewise fluctuates.

3. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship, just not with anyone I have ever met"

Absolutely yes for the first half, the second half, not so much, as I have wished to do romantic stuff with people I've met.

I like certain aspects of the idea of romance, but do find certain aspects hard irl.

Nope.

Depends on what that means exactly and how they'd show them.

QPR, all the ways yes, with touches of romantic.

What I'd like to know for certain is which parts of my attraction is romantic/platonic/aesthetic/sensual/etc.

In certain aspects I'm good with romantic stuff, in others, no.

False.

I honestly don't know.

Yep, certain types of dates do sound fun!

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings"

partially true. I read a lot, but don’t want to experience it myself.

True.

False.

Not sure how accurate this one is.

False.

False, I would feel bad if someone had romantic feelings for me knowing I couldn’t reciprocate.

Partially true, QPR’S sound amazing.

False. Not even slightly curious about this.

False. Being aromantic isn’t a choice so why would i want to be something I’m not.

False.

False.

True, but i guess it depends on what you would consider a date.

Snittingnexttoborpo

I'm going to answer these on an instinctual level, not based on the negativity i've encountered after throwing myself out there on dating apps for several years. 

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings" sometimes. Some fictional romantic relationships are super cringe and unnatyral. but when they are written well, with subtle attraction between the characters, i like that.

2. "I like nearly everything about romantic relationships but do not experience romantic attraction" the second half of this sentence may be true most of the time. The idea of romantic relationships, as a whole, leaves me with positive feelings, as long as it's with someone i'm very close with.

3. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship, just not with anyone I have ever met" i don't understand this question. i've wanted to be romantic with my best friend in the past. Granted, having romance caused problems in the long run, but again i am answering on an instinctual level. 

4. "I love the idea of romance but I can't deal with it in real life" yes i love the idea. Havent gotten to the point to do it with anyone else these days. 

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)" no. This feels like being a robot.

6. "I think I would like it if someone had romantic feelings for me" depends on who, but sure

7. "I would be fine in a romantic relationship or a QPR" yes if i liked them

8. "I would like to know what it's like to experience romantic attraction" yes, a thousand times yes, lol. I wish i knew what butterflies felt like. I wish i knew what everyone was always talking about. I'd like things to be that clearcut so i can make a decision about if i "like" someone or not. 

9. "I'd rather be romantic than aromantic" no. I am fine with who i am. romantic people have their own fair share of problems too. 

10. "I can't imagine spending the rest of my life as an aromantic person" no. imagining the future without someone to be with makes me feel lonely, but i don't think it would kill me either.

11. "Being in a romantic relationship would help me attain other goals in my life" no, but if i did i would feel like i checked off one thing to do on my bucket list...? 

12. "I think dating sounds like fun" with the right person yes. Dating for the sake of dating, no.

Old Maid Librarian

1. Depends on the way it is portrayed. The traditional Hallmark/Harlequin/1960's movies trope of first antagonism and suspicion, then fighting the sexual attraction ( hot flushes, weak knees, and butterflies in stomach), followed by realizing that you are passionately attracted sexually and romantically and are true loves, is a real turn off. The few fictional stories that portray a slow development from casual acquaintance (with some values and interests in common), to gradually developing friendship and trust, to a deep reliance on one another, to an exclusive relationship, make sense to me and are very appealing (although detailed depictions of the sex part are boring) .

2 -4  False

5.  Maybe or maybe I am thinking of a strong friendship or QPR. Someone I can trust with my true self and depend on for emotional and practical support for the rest of our lives.

6-10 False

11 Same answer as 5

12. Been there, done that, didn't buy the tee-shirt

Based on my answers, maybe I am demi-romantic?  I have never minded my very close friends having other friendships or even having sexual partners as long as that didn't pull them away from our friendship. Are jealousy and desire for exclusivity necessary for a romantic relationship?

My two cents: 

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings" - True - I feel this pretty strongly, actually! It made it all the more apparent when I ran through the entire gamut of feelings reading fiction that I did not feel the same towards people in reality. 

2. "I like nearly everything about romantic relationships but do not experience romantic attraction" - True - or maybe what I'm really liking is the romanticised version of it in fiction, considering I have limited experience in romantic relationships (in one now but do not have romantic attraction)

3. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship, just not with anyone I have ever met" - True, I think! 

4. "I love the idea of romance but I can't deal with it in real life" - Also true-ish - I'm still trying to work out whether it's my self-esteem or unidentified romantic orientation that makes me feel uncomfortable being the target of someone's affections, because I think I'm going to let them down when I can't return it to the same extent. 

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)" - False

6. "I think I would like it if someone had romantic feelings for me" - True-ish for the same reasons as q4

7. "I would be fine in a romantic relationship or a QPR" - Either or sounds good, actually

8. "I would like to know what it's like to experience romantic attraction" - Yep true true

9. "I'd rather be romantic than aromantic" - Yep quite true

10. "I can't imagine spending the rest of my life as an aromantic person" - False, because it's how I am now and I can see myself still being the same ten years down the road

11. "Being in a romantic relationship would help me attain other goals in my life" - False; romantic relationships for me aren't the goal or a necessity, but a nice-to-have if you find the right person/people to pass the years of your life

12. "I think dating sounds like fun" - False, who wants to spend all their time regularly spending time with people they barely know 1:1? 

So based on my answers, 7.5/12 or 8/12 true? I've always thought demiromantic would fit the bill, but I'm currently in a romantic relationship and I don't feel any romantic attraction... maybe cupioromantic? 

No. I don't enjoy fictional romantic relationships, nor would I like to experience the same kinds of feelings.

No. I nearly *dislike* everything about romantic relationships (maybe everything :P ), nor do I experience romantic attraction.

No. I wouldn't like to be in a romantic relationship.

No. I don't love the idea or romance. I don't even like the idea of it 🤣

Ehm... No. I'd rather have some extra friends or other support people then if ever necessary for practical reasons.

No. I'd probably just feel very awkward about it 😅

No. Definately not in a romantic relationship, and in a QPR, well, at this point I highly doubt I'd be fine in it. I have no wish for it whatsoever. 

Hmmm... I think out of curiosity maybe. But I'm fine with not knowing too. 

No. I'm fine with being aromantic. 

No. I can imagine spending the rest of my life as an aromantic person, is fine by me. 

No. I highly doubt that would be the case. Can't think of a goal that a romantic relationship would help me with anyways. 

No. I don't think it sounds like fun, I can think of a lot of other things that sound like fun, but dating isn't one of them 🙃

• 2 months later...

No, romantic is boring for me.

No, I do'n like romantic relationships.

No, I love to be single.

No

No, I don't want to be in a relationship.

No, I don't like it.

No, I love to be single and free.

I was in love. Isn't it romantic attraction?

No.

I can.

No, I'm enjoying the freedom of single life!

I think dating sounds like bore.

Yes. Maybe?

I think dates/big romantic gestures are not my thing. Then again, I've never tried it. 

Haha, I'm demi (only get squishes on people I know) so that's an automatic no. 

Yeah, I think

You mean tax benefits? Or not being scared of being alone at home? Heck yeah. 

Oh that's a tough one. I'd like to know if I'm considered likable, I guess.

QPRssssss yessss

Yeah I want to know. Would clear up so much confusion.

No

I can imagine it. 

Probably not

No

- No.

- Don't care for romance and don't experience romantic attraction (I don't think so...)

- As far as I know, I don't want a romantic relationship.

- Don't like the idea of romance and don't think I like it IRL.

- Don't want a romantic relationship.

- Eughgh, that would probably make me uncomfortable.

- QPR? Yes.  Romantic relationship? Doubt it.

- Nah, I'm fine.

- Nah, I'm happy this way.

- Yes I can 😎

- I doubt it.

- NO.

• Like 1
On 4/2/2016 at 5:36 PM, mori child said:

The answer is a hard no to all questions.

I'm defnitely aro and not cupioromantic. I reject the label cupioromantic for me because I don't fit the definition at all. The aromantic definiton, on the other hand, I fit perfectly. No romantic attraction, feelings or desire ever. So this is a very easy dilemma for me. :D

Here are some detailed answers where I want to give detail:

1. No, I actually find them kinda cringe and boring. Well, I respect that romantic stories exist and that people like them but I just ignore them. ;) But what really annoys me is when romance is forced into a story where it really doesn't belong, like when it's an epic sci-fi adventure and suddenly it starts a romance out of nowhere. So annoying. Oddly, my tolerance for romantic stories is slightly higher than zero (but still low) when it's about queer people. I've seen a few short movies explicitly about queer people of all sorts and it's really refreshing. Maybe I'm just really really sick of all the heteronormativity lol.

2. No, I rather run away screaming than have a romantic relationship.

6. No. Well, technically, I would neither like it nor dislike it, I just wouldn't care as long I'm being left alone.

10. No. I CAN imagine being aromantic forever very easily. My aromantic identity is strong, like really really strong. I knew it since 18 or so and now I'm over 30. If I suddenly fall in love, I would be REALLY confused

11. No, I think it would greatly hinder and frustrate me.

12. No, more like the opposite. I would consider it like an absolute chore.

... And a "no" to all other questions.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kroete said:

Oddly, my tolerance for romantic stories is slightly higher than zero (but still low) when it's about queer people. I've seen a few short movies explicitly about queer people of all sorts and it's really refreshing. Maybe I'm just really really sick of all the heteronormativity lol.

I'm like this too. And usually, romantic relationships that aren't m/w can't do the whole "men and women can't be this close without being romantic" sort of thing, so I guess it avoids one way of being shallow and annoying.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2016 at 11:36 AM, mori child said:

1. f

2. f

3. f

4. f

5. f

6. t

7. f

8. f

9. f

10 f

11. f

12. f

I'm not even that sure about #6, I only said true because any romantic or sexual feelings expressed towards me have been false, so I'm not sure how I would feel about it.

it could actually be pretty awful I imagine, but I don't know. 

• 2 weeks later...

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)

1. I enjoy reading romance but have zero desire to experience it for myself.

2. Nope.

3. No.

4. It's not for me.

5. Hell no.

6. Couldn't think of anything worse.

7. Idk about a QPR.

8. Nope.

9. I rather be myself.

10. Yes, yes I can very well imagine myself as aro forever.

11. What goals? I can't have a life without marriage and kids?

12. Yuck.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes to the first part. Idk to the second

idk

maybe

idk.

no

yes?

idk, maybe

YES

*shrugs*

no

not at all

No idea

Most of my answers are idk. Makes sense that I like the term quoiromantic since I have no idea what romance really means.

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings" kinda true. I wouldn't say "feelings" because I do not feel romantic attraction (nor I want to) and I'm loveless, but I think I'd enjoy being in a romantic relationship.

2. "I like nearly everything about romantic relationships but do not experience romantic attraction" True for the most part. I seldom experience romantic attraction.

3. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship, just not with anyone I have ever met" I don't know how to answer this one. I've been in a romantic relationship with someone and I enjoyed it while it lasted, but right now there isn't anyone I know I'd find fit to be in a relationship (romantic or otherwise) with.

4. "I love the idea of romance but I can't deal with it in real life" It depends on how I'm feeling in general. There are times I can't stand any kind of relationship or expression of affection, not only romantic.

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)" Kinda true. Being in a romantic relationship has its benefits.

6. "I think I would like it if someone had romantic feelings for me" I'm not sure if I would like it, but at least it wouldn't bother me.

7. "I would be fine in a romantic relationship or a QPR" In a romantic relationship yes, but I'm allergic to anything that has "platonic" on its name.

8. "I would like to know what it's like to experience romantic attraction" Kinda false. I can guess how romantic attraction may feel as I've experience queerromantic and similar romantic-adjacent alterous attraction and probably also romantic attraction. I'm dark greyromantic so I do not need to know how it feels because I've either experience it, or something quite close to it.

9. "I'd rather be romantic than aromantic" False. I'd rather be a romantic aromantic.

10. "I can't imagine spending the rest of my life as an aromantic person" False. I love being aro and it's such an important part of who I am.

11. "Being in a romantic relationship would help me attain other goals in my life" Kinda true.

12. "I think dating sounds like fun" True.

1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings" yes

2. "I like nearly everything about romantic relationships but do not experience romantic attraction" yea

3. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship, just not with anyone I have ever met" no.

4. "I love the idea of romance but I can't deal with it in real life" YUPPP

5. "I would like to be in a romantic relationship for practical reasons (not feelings)" no ToT

6. "I think I would like it if someone had romantic feelings for me" taken so not rlly

7. "I would be fine in a romantic relationship or a QPR" im in a qpr :D

8. "I would like to know what it's like to experience romantic attraction" yea

9. "I'd rather be romantic than aromantic" dont rlly care

10. "I can't imagine spending the rest of my life as an aromantic person" no

11. "Being in a romantic relationship would help me attain other goals in my life" no

12. "I think dating sounds like fun" ehhhhh

• 1 month later...
Cody_the_Clown

I NEED HELP WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??!?!?
1. "I enjoy fictional romantic relationships and would like to experience the same kinds of feelings"

Yes and yes I’d like to but don’t feel it :(

True 

Half yes and half no

Yeah

Yeah kinda 

Uh yeah but from afar, I can’t like them back and I would die uncomfortably if they came to me with romance interest. 

QPR yeah :) but I would say no to romantic affection like kissing or cuddling 

Sometimes yes but most of the time no

Um not entirely 

Yeah I can. I feel happy about a future without a partner and I’m ok with it actually 

Absolutely not :,) I feel like it’s a foolish desire of mine with no logical intention whatsoever 

Yeah but for myself? no. What? Absolutely not it sounds stressful