Introduction Post--Hi!

SoyCaptain

Hi there! I hope this post is in the right place. I'm so pleased and excited to have found this community! I was searching for resources on how to be a good partner to an asexual person and this seems like a really great, positive place so far. I'm a sexual person (allosexual?) who recently started dating an asexual person. Reading a bit about other people's successful allo/ace relationships has already been really informative and reassuring.

(Talking about yourself in these intro posts always feels so clumsy, bare with me)

I'm 26 and I currently live in the US but will be moving to Canada with my cat soon, to go back to school. I'm taking business courses, and my eventual goal is to open a farm animal sanctuary with one of my best friends. (She's studying animal care, I'm studying business, and between the two of us hopefully we won't run it into the ground.)

I work in home care, with clients who have spinal cord injuries. I help them with 'around the house' stuff and daily routines so that they're able to live at home instead of in facilities. :) In my spare time I like to knit and watch Netflix (currently watching season 2 of Daredevil), especially shows about superheroes and scifi (The 100 is my current fave).

I've been a bit lucky with my partner as I knew that he was ace before we got together, and as soon as the possibility of a relationship was on the table we started talking about how to make it work around our different needs. The totally open communication I have with him is a new thing to me and truly wonderful (and has been really helpful!). :) I really, really like him and it's really important to me that he feels like his asexuality is valid and respected.

I hope that I can learn from this community and maybe find support for those times when his needs and mine aren't meshing well.

Nice to meet all of you!

Ace of Amethysts

Hi SoyCaptain! Watch out for moderator Skycaptain :lol:

Seriously though, I hope you find all sorts of things to like about AVEN. We`re a friendly and helpful community, so don`t be afraid to talk to us about anything. :)

From Ace of Amethysts (or AoA for short) ^_^

Farm animal sanctuary! I'm almost tearing up with joy getting to know of your plan. DO IT!

Otherwise, be very welcome. It's great to hear of the compassion you've brought to your relationship. It gives me hope :D

Any and all questions can here be asked, so learn a lot and enjoy your time here. I know there are quite a few very active users who are partners of asexuals, and they have a bunch of experience with it.

Archived