Looking for Asexual Men to Appear on an Upcoming Episode of The Secular Sexuality Podcast

redluvr

Hello all,

Episode #066 of The Secular Sexuality Podcast (hosted by Dr. Darrel Ray) featured a discussion with two asexual women. In the episode, Dr. Ray mentioned that he would have liked to have included a few asexual men to get their perspective as well, but was unable to find any for the show. I sent him a message volunteering to come on the show and give my thoughts. To my pleasant surprise, he responded quickly and said he is interested doing a follow up episode featuring asexual men. However, he would like there to be three guests.

If any asexual males reading this are interested in being a guest on Secular Sexuality to share your experiences and speak about how it feels to be an asexual man in highly-sexed world, please send me a message and I will send you Dr. Ray's contact info. The only thing you would need is access to Skype and an acceptable microphone.

One final note: even if you aren't familiar with this show, the title alone indicates that the podcast deals with both sexuality and atheism. Dr. Ray has indicated that he is "...only interested in secular men, preferably atheist. I would also like people who have seen themselves as asexual all their life, though that is not a critical requirement."

If this sounds like you and you are interested in helping to demystify asexuality and represent our community, please get in touch with me. Thank you very much and have a great day!

What time would this be at? I'm guessing it's american so it might be in the middle of the night for me.

Dr. Ray is based out of Kansas in the USA if I'm not mistaken, which would put you five hours ahead I believe —could be worse I suppose. He might be able to schedule it earlier in the day if that's what it took. Let me know if you want his e-mail, and I'll get it to you.

GreenLivingDave

I would be interested but don't have Skype (easy to get) and am unsure of my microphone quality. I have read both his books, have met him (photo proof below) and we are FB friends so I can contact him directly as well, But here is my intro. http://www.david-blood.info/asexual.htmlI'll go listen to this last episode now.

1920492_10203243118788690_157013931_n.jp

GreenLivingDave

The episode with the ladies was great and he want's to have me on the show.

I don't think it's accurate to say that all non-religious folks dislike religion —though many certainly do. Each person has their own position on religion, and it stems from their personal, unique, and subjective experiences. Not unlike sexuality, religion is a really complicated and nuanced issue. Have you had many conversations with secularists about how they got to where they are at with regard to religion? So long as all parties can keep their emotions in check, it usually makes for a fascinating conversation.

Archived