Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandra B

CREATE YOUR OWN DESTINY - ASEXUAL DOCUMENTARY

Sandra B

Yippee! It's here - here it is --- Oh! Wow! It feels awesome!! The moment you have all been waiting for - Create Your Own Destiny - Asexual Documentary - Film by Lori Ng - Starring Sandra Bellamy. Please share to raise awareness of asexuality and let's break through those barriers, so all sexualities can live together in harmony xx

https://youtu.be/QZwCbPDjSVI

Starry Sky

I would like to add a warning to anyone about to watch that there is a graphic image at 6:00 to 6:20

Sandra B

I would like to add a warning to anyone about to watch that there is a graphic image at 6:00 to 6:20

Hi Starry Sky, yeah, I didn't plan it that way, it happened when filming live - she recorded me over 3 days and edited it that way. I do think it's a point that needs to be made about social media, and especially about Twitter at the moment, that seemed to sensor more of this in the past - it's really disgusting.

Starry Sky

I run across accounts like that all the time so I agree it does need to be brought up.

I enjoyed the documentary!

Maqua

Interesting, I enjoyed watching it, well done :)

Sandra B

I run across accounts like that all the time so I agree it does need to be brought up.

I enjoyed the documentary!

Hi Starry Sky, thank you so much.

Interesting, I enjoyed watching it, well done :)

Awww, thank you so much.

email

I really enjoyed it! great job!

Peachyy

"A penis at 6:00 to 6:20"

Sandra B

I really enjoyed it! great job!

Hey, thank you so much.

I also design and create asexual products - T Shirts in particular, under my brand name Asexualise - how did you get that message to show up underneath your comments?

"A penis at 6:00 to 6:20"

Courtesy of Twitter!! So bad of them!!

Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)

I think it's really important to put a warning about the penis somewhere clear where people will see it. Some Asexuals can be severely sex repulsed and triggered easily by the mere mention of "penis" ..if someone like that is watching your video, expecting to be empowered by your message, they could potentially be shocked or even disturbed and left quite traumatized by seeing that. I don't care myself (i think penises are great) but I have seen here repeatedly sex repulsed individuals get extremely upset by topics I myself wouldn't consider bad at all (ie artificial insemination) ..I don't even want to consider how they might react to seeing an erect penis when not expecting it..So yeah maybe best to put a warning somewhere visible?

I do actually also believe content depicting genitals (erect like that especially) is meant to be flagged as adult content by the poster of the video? In this situation its probably not so bad but yeah something to keep in mind. People of any age could be watching that if it's not flagged. The editor of the documentary really should have blurred the penis out as its just not something that is appropriate for kids or repulsed asexuals to see, and you don't actually *need* to see it to understand what is happening.

IntrovertedBuddhist

Really glad I don't have twitter account haha! But cool documentary, there should be more of this kind of "a day in the life" videos so people get that we're not so different. Just don't want sex.

Sandra B

I think it's really important to put a warning about the penis somewhere clear where people will see it. Some Asexuals can be severely sex repulsed and triggered easily by the mere mention of "penis" ..if someone like that is watching your video, expecting to be empowered by your message, they could potentially be shocked or even disturbed and left quite traumatized by seeing that. I don't care myself (i think penises are great) but I have seen here repeatedly sex repulsed individuals get extremely upset by topics I myself wouldn't consider bad at all (ie artificial insemination) ..I don't even want to consider how they might react to seeing an erect penis when not expecting it..So yeah maybe best to put a warning somewhere visible?

I do actually also believe content depicting genitals (erect like that especially) is meant to be flagged as adult content by the poster of the video? In this situation its probably not so bad but yeah something to keep in mind. People of any age could be watching that if it's not flagged. The editor of the documentary really should have blurred the penis out as its just not something that is appropriate for kids or repulsed asexuals to see, and you don't actually *need* to see it to understand what is happening.

Hiya,

You make some important points, thank you. A girl filmed this documentary for her degree to not only raise awareness of asexuality but about living for yourself! I didn't know she was going to leave that in it and had signed to say she could use what she wanted. I am actually sex repulsed myself nowadays and I hate nakedness/nudity and am pregnancy repulsed - unfortunately stuff like this keeps cropping up on Twitter and I guess I am becoming more immune to the images, thinking of them like disgusting objects that are sick to me - I wouldn't even like to see a boyfriend's if I had one! She has left the country now and said she would not be editing it in any way who i said that is not the ace T Shirt that the guy is using to come out as asexuals with. Let me see what I can do about putting a warning in the text underneath it and about the adult content - thanks for drawing my attention to this!

Really glad I don't have twitter account haha! But cool documentary, there should be more of this kind of "a day in the life" videos so people get that we're not so different. Just don't want sex.

Hiya, thank you so much. I really appreciate your positive comments.

Sandra B
I have added this to the description of the video: "Please note, this video is for educational and informational purposes only, however, if you have a nudity repulsion, there is a naked male anatomy shown as an example from Twitter at 6:00 to 6:20, of how bad things have become online with these types of unwanted images popping up. This was filmed ad-libbed and not planned to be in the documentary, but it does raise an important point that was relevant to the storyline of this documentary."

Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)
I have added this to the description of the video: "Please note, this video is for educational and informational purposes only, however, if you have a nudity repulsion, there is a naked male anatomy shown as an example from Twitter at 6:00 to 6:20, of how bad things have become online with these types of unwanted images popping up. This was filmed ad-libbed and not planned to be in the documentary, but it does raise an important point that was relevant to the storyline of this documentary."

Yeah that's great!! I think with the warning there, it won't get content flagged either? (content flagging isn't that bad, just means if you're signed into an account where your age is given as under 18, you can't see the video) but with that there, people will be less likely to get a shock and report it or anything. Good luck!

Sandra B

Yeah that's great!! I think with the warning there, it won't get content flagged either? (content flagging isn't that bad, just means if you're signed into an account where your age is given as under 18, you can't see the video) but with that there, people will be less likely to get a shock and report it or anything. Good luck!

Hey, thank you so much. I really appreciate your constructive advice and feedback xx