Appearances

joeymac

Internally, I'm dealing with this crazy thing again.

Do asexuals consider , or give regard to , the appearances of their sexual friends? Consciously, sub-consciously? To be fair my friend has answered twice that she gives no regard in this area. I'm not asking again, even with a twist on it. BUT she notices muscles and makes reference to them when debating comic/cartoon/media/gaming characters. I've always tried to look my best when I'm with a woman. We're not together , but I don't want to embarrass her either. Her other guys friends are 'nerds' (not intended derogatory) and pay no attention to diet or strength . My nerdy knowledge is contained to sports and philosophy.

I'm 5'6" , 167lb. Since , my mid-thirties , when in top form ( fit with strength ) I come in between 140-145. In my youth I fought at 127-130. Slim build. At 167 I have a bulge over the belt and a fuller face, blood pressure and cholesterol are borderline. Just trying to say I'm not at risk health wise. I stopped fighting and training after my separation because my youngest needed my attention and our club only welcomed youth if they trained as men . I do physical labor so I haven't fallen apart . but I'm almost 50 now. The guys see me hitting a bag or jumping and ask me back out. Thing is ; I like not fighting dudes half my age ! Especially not getting hit ! I'm way slower now.

Should I bite the bullet ? Bruises are cooler than ink, right ? Or will she be like ; " What the hell happened to your nose ????" I warned that I obsess . Yes , I know I can be shallow.

Anthracite_Impreza

Call me crazy but I think you shouldn't worry what other people think and just do what you wanna do. Getting beat up just to look "better" for someone who hasn't even said anything about your appearance and probably doesn't care seems a bit... odd... to me.

flesh-pocket

im sure asexuals are just as biased by a pretty face as the rest of the population (if they can distinguish human aesthetics, not all can. but then theres still cleanliness and what-have-you). but shes friends with you already, right? shes been seen places with you already. no need to assume she'd be embarrassed of you.

honestly it sounds more like your trying to impress her with physicality, and as one of several male platonic friends of hers, there is no competition. go back to fighting if you want and be prepared to explain injuries if you do, but you dont need to do it to impress her is what im saying.

Thank you . Competition , your right. Anthracite is right as well. It's difficult to put aside 30 some years of pride , misconceived goals and aspirations. Nevermind the community I shared through those ideas. Now to consider that they may no longer matter , and perhaps - never did. Yes , it is very odd.

Archived