[Poll] Romantic relationships

Jan2005

If you are asexual, how interested are you in romantic relationships?  

1. 1.

• a. Would love to meet someone and spend the rest of my life with them.
    • b. Would love to meet various people for fun romantic "flings".
    • c. Not at all interested in relationships; would rather be alone.

This poll is closed to new votes

Hello all, I was curious about relationships and how many asexuals find that they aren't interested at all in hooking up with any one person for romantic reasons. I fall into this category at this stage, but am not sure if it's permanent or if it's got something to do with not "meeting that special person" yet, etc.

Hey, I think maybe you might want to add "Other" as a category, because I don't completely fit in with either of those options. Also-

Would love to meet various people for fun romantic "flings".

There are people that wouldn't consider their various partners to be "flings"- these would be polyamorous people. They are generally aiming for long term relationships, much like monogamous people. (I don't look down on romantic flings by the way.) So, that might be another option you could include on the poll.

I would go with option c.

That's how I've always felt and will probably continue to feel.

However, I would say that I'm happy alone and the chances of meeting anyone who could make me "happier" are very very slim. I can't say for sure that I prefer to be alone, because I've never been with anyone, but I've also never felt the desire to seek anyone out.

I really could have used an "other" category too.

-Greybird

A "not sure" option would be good. I'm not looking for any kind of relationship and can't really imagine it ever happening but I'm always open to new experiences.

Aye, same here. I've never exactly looked for a relationship but I can't discount it. If I stumbled upon a wonderful, fulfilling relationship I wouldn't turn it down.

Interesting that no one has said flings yet. I suppose an entirely romance based relationship would be less suited to them than a sexual one, perhaps removing sex as a factor changes a person's aims for their relationships and makes simple, short-term gratification less relevant. Not that I have any problems with either romantic or sexual flings; so long as those involved are happy it's fine by me.

C.

A couple of days ago I visited a dating site, and (God knows why) left a message. Got quite many answers, but now I just can't care less...

I don't think relationships are for me. I'm a bit of a lone wolf.

• 3 months later...
SpirallingSnowy

I chose A, but B could also work. but i do prefer A. Im a one guy type of gal :D !!

• 3 years later...

Archived