What asexuality isn't?

levelskid

Just thought we get a list together that illustrates what asexuality isn't. Might help some people understand. Here I'll start: Asexuality isn't low libido.

Asexuality isn't wrong.

Asexuality isn't lack of emotion.

Asexuality isn't the product of abuse.

Asexuality isn't 'a phase'.

Asexuality ins't 'special snowflake syndrome'.

Asexuality isn't aromanticism.

Asexuality ins't romanticism.

Anthracite_Impreza

Asexuality isn't a mental illness.

• Asexuality isn't low libido YES OP THANK YOU THIS CANNOT BE STATED ENOUGH
    • Asexuality isn't a lack of nerve endings ...? (I.e., asexuality doesn't mean sex can't 'feel good')
  • Asexuality isn't aromanticism
  • Asexuality isn't agenderedness
  • Asexuality isn't a choice
    • Asexuality isn't abstinence
    • Asexuality isn't celibacy
  • Asexuality isn't sex-negativity
  • Asexuality isn't the result of trauma
  • Asexuality isn't the result of low self-esteem
  • Asexuality isn't arrogance / aloofness / thinking oneself is 'too good for' sex
  • Asexuality isn't immaturity / 'late blooming'
  • Asexuality isn't a phase
  • Asexuality isn't confusion / not having met 'the right person'
  • Asexuality isn't just a way of reproducing for certain primitive organisms
  • Asexuality isn't something that makes one less than human
  • Asexuality isn't THAT HARD TO WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND JESUS CHRIST CALM DOWN
  • Asexuality isn't people trying to 'feel special' by being part of the LGBTQAI+ community

Sorry if there are some repeats, a few people have posted since I started writing this but oh well

^ FoxEars ^

Lord Jade Cross
Asexuality isnt being a FUCKING FREAK or BROKEN! Had to get that particular one off my chest.
WinterWanderer

Asexuality isn't the inability to see people as "cute/hot." (We do have eyes, ya know. We're just not sexually attracted to what we see.)

Asexuality isn't the inability to see people as "cute/hot." (We do have eyes, ya know. We're just not sexually attracted to what we see.)

Well, sometimes it can be that. Not the majority, but it can. (so no one is going to be forgotten)

Thank you. This is the one people forget the most. Everyone is quick to say asexual isn't aromanticism but they forget it's not the other either.

• Asexuality isn't THAT HARD TO WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND JESUS CHRIST CALM DOWN
  • Asexuality isn't people trying to 'feel special' by being part of the LGBTQAI+ community
These are my favourite :D

Asexuality isn't a hatred of the opposite gender.

Thank you. This is the one people forget the most. Everyone is quick to say asexual isn't aromanticism but they forget it's not the other either.

I'm just sick of people subtlety, and most likely accidentally suggesting that romantics are better then aromantics.

The thing that pisses me off is the whole, 'ace people can love too! They're romantic and want love!'. Yeah because I can't love anyone ever, and the only love that matters is romantic.

Asexuality isn't being too young to know what sexual attraction feels like

Asexuality isn't mitosis

Asexuals are not plants please stop

Also, asexuality isn't a delicious pizza sauce.

But... Who doesn't want to be a delicious pizza sauce ?! :huh:

These are great!

Asexuality isn't an excuse for not being able to get laid.

Sorry for the language, but i've seen that written word-for-word in numerous trolling comments on youtube, blogs, etc.

Even if we want it to, asexuality can't be pizza sauce - we just have to accept it. Just as it can't be a potent drug or a bucket with which you can carry 10 liters of water.

SorryNotSorry

Asexuality =/= feeling shortchanged out of sex

Anthracite_Impreza

Asexuality isn't something to pity.

Even if we want it to, asexuality can't be pizza sauce - we just have to accept it. Just as it can't be a potent drug or a bucket with which you can carry 10 liters of water.

I should remind you that judging others on the validity of their asexuality is against the TOS and if Rising sun wants to be pizza sauce, then it is not your place to say otherwise :P

#modhumor

I should remind you that judging others on the validity of their asexuality is against the TOS and if Rising sun wants to be pizza sauce, then it is not your place to say otherwise :P

#modhumor

tw: opinions, regret, and words

What a way to catch my first AVEN-offense! I do sincerely apologise. I will never diss anyone for equating their asexuality with a material object ever again. Rising Sun should be allowed to practice their meta-asexuality-tomato-saucekin-ness without being triggered by me. I do realise now. Sorry again.

Archived