Sign in to follow this  
SkyWorld

Site Comments FAQ [updated]

SkyWorld

Welcome to the Site Comments forum!

Here is an updated list of frequently asked questions that show up here. Thank you Kisa the Cat, for the previous FAQ.

Site & Navigation
  • Can we have an app for AVEN?
  • How do I post pictures on my posts?
  • How do I change my display name/member title?
  • How do I report a member/post/PM?
  • How do I ignore someone?
  • How do I delete my post/thread?
  • How do I delete my account?
  • How do I retrieve my post from accidentally closing the browser window?
  • How long is a thread considered too old and no one should reply?
  • Who do I contact for what?

Technical Issues

• An error pops up when I try to enter chat, what happened?
  • I've been kicked from chat, what happened?
  • I've been getting SQL errors, what do I do?
  • An error pops up when I try to add a photo in my signature, what do I do?
  • Why does my anti-virus keep blocking AVEN?
  • Why can't I change the ignore settings on someone?
  • Why hasn't my avatar change?

If you still have unanswered questions, please see the "List of How-To's" or the help files.

Special thanks to Robin L, for helping me compile and put this together.
  • Like 3

SkyWorld

Site & Navigation

Can we have an app for AVEN?

There is a mobile version of AVEN that you can use. AVEN automatically opens in the mobile skin when opened on mobile device. The reason we don't have an app is because we don't have the money or manpower to create one.

How do I post pictures on my posts?

Please see this post in the List of How-To's for detailed instructions and screenshots.

How do I change my display name/member title?

Please see this post in the List of How-To's for detailed instructions and screenshots.

How do I report a member/post/PM?

How do I ignore someone?

How do I delete my post/thread?

If you want to delete your post or your thread, please contact an admod. Keep in mind we generally do not delete generic discussion only because the OP doesn't like where they're heading, but we can delete or edit threads that discuss personal situations. It's always important to remember that it's better editing out personal info rather then deleting to respect the time and effort that members have put into replying to your thread/post.

Also in regards to your thread, the moderator of the forum can lock your thread by granting your request. Locking doesn't delete the thread, but it does prevent members from responding.

How do I delete my account?

Because of recent GDPR rules in the EU, AVEN will honor account deletion requests. This, however, does not mean that AVEN is required to delete any content in the account. Therefore, if there's any specific content the user wishes to have removed, the member must do this themselves by editing their posts. If the member wishes to have help editing posts in locked/archived threads, they may ask Admins and Moderators for help if it contains personally identifiable information such as name, phone number, email address, etc.

How do I retrieve my post from accidentally closing the browser window?

If something were to happen in the middle of posting (such as accidentally closing your browser, closing the tab you're working in, your computer shuts down or refreshes, etc.) have no fear, for AVEN saved your post. Simply go back into the thread you were working in and click into the box that says "Reply to this topic" as if you were going to reply normally. You will be happy to see that your post is still there, safe and sound. If AVEN managed to save a post that you don't want to use anymore, you may press the "Clear Editor" button shown below. That'll clear the post you've written so that you can start a new one. If you don't wish to clear the previously saved most, just click the little (x) at the far right of the "Clear Editor" button or simply continue working on your post and it'll go away on it's own.

G4SmHyS.png

How long is a thread considered too old and no one should reply?

It depends on the moderator's style. It can range from about 6 months, 12 months, or 18 months. Generally, threads that are about the original poster’s personal issues have a shorter lock time.

Who do I contact for what?

This thread in Site Info Center has a list of admods and what forum(s) they moderate. You could also go here or here to see the entire AVEN staff. If there are general site or chat issues that do not concern a particular subforum or issues that need to be handled immediately (like spam), you could contact any member of the admod team.

• Like 2

SkyWorld

Technical Issues

Will be added as they are discovered.

• Like 4

Skycaptain

Post ranking list, click here to find the explanation for your post ranking