So, what's our community made up of??

ogbg

As a member of AVEN, what do you consider yourself?  

1. 1.

• Asexual
    • Celibate
    • Frigid
    • Hyposexual
    • Autosexual
    • (Almost) All of the Above *at Skiddaloxx's request*
    • Sexual (hetero, homo, gay, bi, pan, etc, with a medium to high sex drive)
    • None of the Above

This poll is closed to new votes

I just voted *None of the above* ... Yes, I do think I am asexual, on the other hand, I still feel to some extent that I do not fit neatly under any specific label (I still think of myself as Josh first, and leave off any label...). I'm not all of the above, it's more of a self confusion, not in terms of what I want/don't want/am attracted to/not attracted to, as at any given time, I am usually sure of that... it's just weird... :?

• 1 month later...
weirdchick098

I must confess... I clicked 'none of the above'! I'd class myself as semi-sexual... Or Alex-sexual, seeing as my 'sexuality' seems so damn complicated no-one else could possibly be it, lol. :roll:

SoulofSorrow

I experience a mild version of an physical/romantic attraction to men sometimes ,but I find sex in its many forms disgusting. Well, I guess that makes me a frigid asexual.

I guess I am what you would call true asexual. I sincerely do not know what sexual attraction is, nor do I understand the need that prompts ppl to "relieve" the urge by themselves.

by the way, I have always hated when ppl called me frigid- it just has some pejorative connotations I guess.

I guess I am what you would call true asexual.

ACK!! Your Honor, I object! Just because we feel different ways about different things doesn't make some of us "true" asexuals. What would that make the rest of us? Phony asexuals?

You're just as asexual as the rest of us. We're just all different, that's all.

fluffy_hime

::pounds gavel::

Order in the court! Please, order in the court!

It won't let me vote. I must've already voted.

I voted asexual because I think that's what slot I fit into these days, even though I'm still a bit confused. But I think I might fit into autosexual a bit. I don't mind some self-lovin', but I'd be damned if someone else tries to touch me like that. I'LL BE DAMNED!! :shock:

• 1 year later...
biggreenmonkey

I'm asexual, I'm fairly damn sure. It's interesting to see the makeup of our community though.

I voted Asexual, but I am still fairly new to this idea, so it is possible that after a little more thought I may find I fit into a different subheading under Asexual. For now however, just the broad term of Asexual is enough of a definition to make life easier!

Man, cold-hearted bitch isn't an option. :wink:

I said none of the above.

I don't really think about myself as asexual although I guess I am.

I call myself someone who doesn't do romance/relationships/sex. Or a cold-hearted bitch, depending on how I'm feeling at the time.

Hamster on Caffiene

non of above?

I would still say questioning, or all I can say is that I do feel different. But really if i must slap a label I would say asexual, not really attracted to others sexualy. Maybe gay-sexual still sorting that out. would just say frigid for my fondness of snowflakes :P

I voted hyposexual because I think this is the most important part of it for me.

Then I could add that I've felt some sexual things before, dreams or thoughts, but that became scarce these last years.

I could also consider aromantical, since I can get some romantic thoughts, only on some (rare) people and only if I force myself into thinking about romantical things about these persons; but similarly as sexual desire, it's rare and I feel not much need for it, nor do I consider it to be important for the advance of my life.

Maybe also that I'm auto sexual, to some extent, but only once per month or so.

That's difficult, each time I rethink about it, I discover new things about what I am, how I am, why I am, relating to asexualty.

edit (on)

Oh, yes, I forgot to add that I could also consider myself bisexual, some 30% gay toward others, 45% toward myself and 24% straight and 1% just in case something new pop up in my mind, and also that I've always been quite shy and that it could lead to some kind of frigidity, although I can't know for sure since frigidity implies having had a relationschip with someone, or else how could you tell for sure ?

edit (off)

I'm a homoaesthete asexual.

I can become aroused but this is entirely driven by a fetish, so possibly "autosexual" too, if defenitions are stretched...

I said asexual as that is how I see myself although I could be considered to be hyop? Hmmmmm

Anyway I put asexual as that's how I see myself.

Frigid Pink

I am asexual.

And I've noticed the definition of Frigid being used to describe someone who experiences sexual attraction and is afraid of sex. That's not me, though Frigid is part of my username. I'm "Frigid" as in I am a-romantic or I don't experience romantic feelings or feel romantic love. I do not respond well to physical interaction---and though I like hugs, they can be very awkward for me. I am "frigid" in my physical body response to things---or action. I am not cold and unloving, I do not experience sexual attraction, and I am not afraid of sex---just disgusted by it.

WoW---that's a lot, but I just needed to clarify.

• 3 years later...

Archived