Do older Aces Not like to date?

2gab

Having been cheated on in all my past relationships, I kind of lost faith, but now, with the work I do, I work long hours, sometimes not getting home for days at a time, I work every weekend, I'm also not aesthetically pleasing, very shy, so I go by unnoticed

I don't think that it's that older Aces don't like to date more than younger ones but it's that the societal pressures to date start to drop off as you mature.  Parents are no longer  pestering you to give them grandkids and friends have given up on trying to set you up with their second cousin's friend's brother.  Those of us who may have been Ace for a while are finally free to just live it without having to "justify" it.

• 2 months later...

Instead of "dating", I would really prefer to seek a friendship or 2 with a like minded guy. There is too much baggage and expectation when you call social time with another person a date.

• 2 months later...

I'm 36 and still hopeful dating will work out for me... I'm not horribly shy and I don't mind meeting strangers, although it is a bit out of my comfort zone. Still, I'm not meeting a group of people (that I could not do) but just one person. 1-to-1 I can do okay :) 

Online dating makes first dates a bit easier - there's already been a conversation going on before the 1st date, we know each others interests and likes, it's not too bad. Some people are genuinely nice and good companions for the evening, some become friends. Often it does not work out romantically, but hey, I'm still willing to try again. 

The problem is nowadays so many people on dating sites are looking just for no-strings sex, casual encounters, hookups or want an extra sex partner in their poly setup (that seems to be the new craze) - and that's something I really DO NOT want. It's fine if they're open about it, but some are definitely not.  

I don't even know if that many people are looking (online) for a settled, monogamous relationship at all...       

I haven't dated since I was young, as i've been married and then with a longtime partner.  But I remember how exhausting it  was, and I was young then.  I can't imagine how awful it would be now -- having to constantly give your life history to new people and having to listen to their probably-uninteresting life histories.  

I've never been on a blind date, i could count other dates on one hand.

I got nothing against going on dates but since I'd prefer to be in a platonic relationship, and I care a lot more about what is on the inside than out. 

Going on dates seems like a lot of work

Archived