Would we be better off being single?

SnowLady

I want a non-sexual relationships, but it seems like every guys I met always want to have sex in relationships at some point and some of them will even try to convert me telling me that asexuality is something that stems from my mindset.

I am currently staying single because I am so sick and tired of how society is placing so much importance on things like sex.

Would we be better off being single, relationships is overrated anyway, most people only end up in relationships because they are following social norms or because of peer pressure or because they fear loneliness, but it's stupid to get into relationships just for these reasons,

People who try to convince you to have sex are not considerate of what you want. They have a goal and want that fulfilled, and they might do anything to get it barring paying a hooker or rape.

Yes you can certainly have a romantic relationship if you desire, you just need to find someone who will respect your asexuality.

Beautiful Chaos

That depends on what you want. Do you want to be single, or do you want a non-sexual, romantic relationship? I get what you mean about every guy wanting to have sex in relationships at some point. But there are some guys out there who will appreciate your feelings and sexuality. I think it's equally important to appreciate their feelings and sexuality; if I was with a girl who loved me, understood what my asexuality meant, appreciated it and respected it, then I would be content in that relationship. If she was asexual also, that would put us both in a situation where we both feel comfortable. If she wasn't, and she desired sex at some point of a well established romantic relationship, then I would consider fulfilling that because I love her and want to please her.

Some people act very entitled about what they want :( it's crap to deal with. Not every person is like this tho. There are those who are more caring and considerate. X

Being alone and single is not bad, its others whom you will find have problems with you being alone forever. While it should be none of there business, it somehow has something to do with the sex obsessed that you are not sex crazed like them.

Well I just have relationships with asexual guys :p problem sorted. Intimacy with an asexual guy is amazing because you know it's not going to lead to sex and they don't expect it to lead there or want it to lead there... So you get all the snuggles and kisses and love with none of the expectation of sex, yusss ^_^

Archived