Meaning behind your username, profile picture, or signature.

m4rble

Username: pretty much just me.
Icon: Taylor Momsen, lead of one of my favourite bands The Pretty Reckless.
Signature: A lyric from VersaEmerge. I'm an atheist but I'm p sure I'd end up in hell if it existed. I bet it's fun down there.

I chose the name Andiamo because it is the name of the horse I've been riding and leasing for the last three years.

Username: I'm still working on this, actually; I would like to find some word or name that I don't associate with a particular character, mood, or way of acting and fits me all the time -- but I don't want to use my actual name for forums and the like. That doesn't go just for this forum, as I would like it to be the same thing everywhere. However, I'm currently using Menelvagor here (and in a couple of other places), and Remmirath for most others. They're both Elvish names for star constellations (Orion and the Pleiades, respectively), and I'm very fond of both Middle-earth and space in general, so it works for now.

Avatar: I've been using a screenshot of Darth Revan lately. I had been using something I drew, as per usual, but that was again running into the particular character/mood thing, so I went for something else. I've been in a Star Wars sort of mood lately, so this fits. Plus, with the expanded universe officially out the door as far as canon goes, I'm free to go back to imagining the character the way I want, and I'm happy about that. (No more official light side male canon, huzzah; back to ambiguous-tending-towards-dark side and genderless for my imaginings.)

Signature: I always have links to my website and such in there, from long force of habit, and I switch it up for a quote. Right now the Sith code is in there, because it fits with the avatar as well as with my mood at the time. Generally, my signature is the most changeable.

I'm not sure why, but I've always had a hard time settling on a consistent username, much less avatar and signature. It probably makes things confusing for other people, but every now and again I feel I just have to change things up, especially with the latter two. My goal is to stop waffling about my username, internet-wide, at some point soon, but we'll see how that goes.

Daniel John Sheaffer

I just use my real name on here. Because I do that on every social media site. My recent profile picture is the shock symbol from Marilyn Manson's 1996 hit album Antichrist Superstar. And that is favorite album by my favorite band.

Originally, Graceful was grey ace > grace > graceful. I identify as asexual now but I have no intention of taking Grace out of my username. It's my AVEN identity. It's currently disGraceful because I feel like it better reflects my depression.

My current profile picture is Clark Gregg but if you're reading this in a week or later, it may be Sebastian Stan or Tom Hardy. Possibly something Disney related even. Or maybe my ugly mug.

My signature has always been the same. It's a quote that is both something I identify with and find funny.

One Winged Angel

My username is in reference to Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, one of my favourite games. It can also mean that I as an Angel with only one wing am destined to exist on a different level from those with two or more.

My profile picture is Hatsune Miku of Vocaloid of which I am a big fan.

The motto in my signature is something which sums up a great deal about my attitudes. It is originally from the book "Might is Right" but also used by Anton Szandor LaVey in "The Satanic Bible". It basically means, to me, that if you attempt to impose yourself upon my life, and tell what I shall and "shalt not" do, then you are my enemy.

The other part of my signature is simply an advertisement for my Asexuality products available on Merchandace.

Conscientious Ghost

Well I think a lot about the consequences of my actions and I feel like a ghost, ta da: Conscientious Ghost! I'm a fan of the character Napstablook from Undertale, so that's how my profile picture came to be. I was into Welcome to Night Vale and I liked what their twitter account posted. The one that stick with me the most was what I used as my signature.

Name Those Stars

Username: 'Name Those Stars' is the title of a song that happened to be on my mind while I was trying to think up a username. I decided to use it because I do like the song, and because I've got this maybe-ridiculous notion that the song is at least partly about the singer/songwriter's cat(s). And I love cats :3 I could be totally off base, though. The lyrics can be interpreted in a lot of ways.

Anyway, I also went with it because I've always loved learning about space, and am always excited by humankind's continued discoveries about the universe, so I treat my username like encouragement to our species: "Go on, keep going! Get out there and name those stars!"

Also, there are some (slight) phonetic similarities between this name and the username I usually go by on the internet. I wanted to keep my AVEN identity somewhat separate from the rest of my world for now, while I'm still figuring myself out, but I still wanted to be able to feel like myself, if that makes sense, rather than feeling like I was putting on a mask or creating a whole other identity. At some point in the future I might decide to switch over to my usual username, or to another one entirely, but this name suits me for now. :)

Avatar: My current avatar is from the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal. I just thought it was pretty, really, and I love Sailor Moon. Also, since she's looking skyward at night, I felt it kind of suited my username. I don't know if I'll stick with this avatar long term, but again, it suits me for now.

Signature: Honestly, I just wanted a place I could stick a link to my "about me" info for the time being. Our profiles don't really allow links from what I can tell, and I suck at describing myself in a concise manner, so I wrote a long, rambling intro post in the Welcome Lounge, stuck a link to that in my sig, and then wrote on my profile page that people curious about me should check my sig. :P My signature may also change with time. I'm new, so everything is changeable.

Usually, what's in my profile is just silly stuff.

My username, it's another story. When I registered here almost 4 years ago, I was going through a major positive change in my life, and I gave up the dark usernames I used to take sometimes. This is a reference to much more wisdom and a much happier period of my life starting.

My username was chosen because I often feel like an android of sorts due to my lack of understanding of human behavior. However, I am also very driven by emotion and I thought that interesting contradiction would suit me perfectly.

My avatar is Data with his cat Spot. Data is my favorite Star Trek character of all time because I relate to him and his confusion about humans so much. The fact that he has a cat is perfect as well, because I adore cats and one of my current kitties looks a lot like Spot. This particular image of Data snuggling with Spot I feel captures the whole essence of an "emotional android."

I feel very much the same way. Your avatar is one of my favourites on this forum, just adorable :wub:

Username: I'm more than a little bit of a Carl Sagan fan (no I am definitely not wearing a T-shirt with a Carl Sagan quote on it as I'm typing this, I don't know what you're talking about), and I really liked the section of Cosmos (the book version) where he talked about how the Pythagoreans completely freaked out when people found out about the existence of the dodecahedron--it's the Platonic (heh) solid that they associated with the divine, and its existence was supposed to be some great secret known only to those initiated into their weird, triangle-researching, bean-worshipping ways. Then, I read Contact, in which the Machine used to travel between dimensions and star systems has prominent dodecahedral components, and because that's my favorite book, dodecahedrons are just kind of my thing now. Just plain Dodecahedron was taken, so I added 314 because pi (i.e., because I'm a nerd), which is incidentally another reference to Contact, as well as the fact that memorizing pi is kind of my hobby. (I can regularly recite about 60-something digits off the top of my head, but when I was practicing regularly I could get as high as 80-something.)

If there is only one celebrity (including deceased ones) I wish I could meet and talk with, I'd absolutely choose Carl Sagan. I really love Contact.

MidnightLight

Midnight- I naturally fall onto a night schedule without an alarm clock. I don't use alarm clocks when I am on vacation, so I'm basically a nocturnal human. I am on vacation now (for only 2 more days) and I go to bed at about 9:00am and wake up at about 4:00pm or 5:00pm. First days back suck sometimes.

We're two !

EmotionalAndroid

My username, it's another story. When I registered here almost 4 years ago, I was going through a major positive change in my life, and I gave up the dark usernames I used to take sometimes. This is a reference to much more wisdom and a much happier period of my life starting

Wow, that's awesome! I'm so glad to hear that you've overcome some negative feelings and are seeing (and sounds like appreciating) more positives in your life!

I feel very much the same way. Your avatar is one of my favourites on this forum, just adorable :wub:

Aww, thank you!

One of the best fictitious characters and the true hero of Arthurian legend.

Corretto is the current barista-bred beverage that incls a hint of some spirit. Siblings Espresso & Ristretto are of the same house-blend spectra that some Avenites may recall.

Avatar remains an illustration of our blend of origins [TMI I cannot share].

The signature is an honest reference to our BPD [blended Personality Disorder]. Cia :ph34r:

My username is copied from my dog's name. There's nothing significant about the numbers.

Username:

Deprived from a Greek god

Profile picture:

I dunno why but I have something with hoodies.

(Btw, the pic is not made by me)

Username: Email. Because I have a knack of picking out unique/common usernames.

Profile Picture: It's of a duck with hands. I like ducks (and lemonade stands).

Signature: One of my favourite movies is George of the Jungle

Username: A reference to my two favorite anime/manga of all time. First, it is a reference to my favorite Sailor Moon character, Haruka/Sailor Uranus; she is known as the soldier of the wind/sky. Second, it is a reference to the first card ("The Windy") that Sakura uses in Cardcaptor Sakura.

Profile Picture: I rotate through using manga images of characters from the two series I mentioned previously. Currently, my profile picture is Michiru/Sailor Neptune, and will probably stay as that at least through the first week (or so) of February.

Signature: My signature always has a quote from Welcome to Night Vale at the bottom. I change the quote every Saturday to a different one.

Nailgun-mishap

My username is me poking fun at myself. I had to use a nailgun once, and I almost shot a person with a nail that went astray. I didn't hurt anybody, but I can safely say that using a pneumatic nailgun isn't one of my strong points.

My avatar is a picture of Tuco Salamanca from Breaking Bad finding a condom in Jesse Pinkman's wallet. He's one of my favorite Breaking Bad characters, and I find him oddly attractive.

I don't have a signature.

Username: It's actually a bit of a longwinded story. I was writing . . . well, a story and struggling to find a name for my fictional character. Then one day one of my piano pieces, Autumn Rain, caught my eye and for some reason I thought: that'd make a good name! Thus was born Autumn C. Raine (the "e" was added because . . . well, I thought it was cool . . .). However, sad to say the character died a miserable death shortly thereafter and was subsequently replaced by another character with a new name, background, and personality. But Raine was still floating around in my head, so I started using it for online stuff. The 14 stems from my college days when every six weeks I had to change my school password and it had to contain numbers. 14 was easily reached on the keyboard, and after six and half years, I grew rather fond of it.

Profile Picture: I like the symmetry, or lack thereof. There's a couple, but only the girl standing on the track is truly visible. Her partner is half hidden by the glare of the sun, and in the reflection on the track, the girl looks alone and, with her arms outspread, almost like she might take wing and fly away. It's kind of how I feel about my asexuality.

Storm Lantern

Note: I change all three very frequently, so I've included my current ones.

Name: StormLanternthe1st

Back when I was a brony, I had a blog called "Clothed with Thunder" after a Bible verse. "Have you given the horse strength? Have you clothed his neck with thunder?" From there I took the idea of storms, and of a light in the darkness, and a character called Storm Lantern was born.

I never really did anything with that character, but I liked the name, so when I decided to consolidate all my online profiles under one name, that's the one I picked. "Storm Lantern" was already take in a lot of places, and I'm not a fan of adding random numbers to my usernames, so I added "the First" or variations thereof.

Picture: Aeris from VG Cats

aeriverymad.gif

I'm a big fan of VG Cats, and empathize a lot with Aeris. She's an intellectual with a good heart, but few social skills. Her temper, sarcasm, and general abrasiveness can be off-putting, but she does have a softer side.

I'm quieter and nicer than she is, but find myself understanding a lot of the stuff she has to deal with. Not to mention that we both tend to point out the flaws in other people's plans and ideas, and aren't always nice about doing so.

Signature: I'm ace, and that's good. I'll never be allo, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

This is a modified version of the "Bad-Anon" affirmation from Wreck-It Ralph. Here's the original:

"I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me."

Good line from a good movie. No other reason or meaning needed.

drjohnhwatson

Username: this is my username for eveeeeeeeeeerything. It gives me a cohesive front/a possibility to ruin me if I ever say anything "problematic". Plus it's good old Watson from those stories wot that man in England wrote about a detective and his loyal friend.

Profile pic: Bertie Wooster from the Jeeves series. Another favourite, plus I adore Hugh Laurie. Also it properly conveys my general disdain.

Signature: I thought that's what it was but it had been so long I had forgotten. Pretty self-explanatory. I love Wilde, I adore the quote (and use it in other places, like Skype and email), and here we are!!

:P.

Username: I'm a Capricorn, and a few years back I felt like searching about the constellation. I found out that every star has a name, and that one of them - the Gamma Capricorni - was called Nashira, meaning "the lucky one" or "bearer of good news". I liked the sound of the name and the meaning, and kinda stuck with it since then.

Pic: I love cats, but what I also love is the art of Apofiss, an artist I first met on deviantart!

Username is a nickname that was given to me and my year of birth.

The profile picture is because I like cats.

I joined during a phase when my last working motorcycle got ruined during a crash (while parked) and I couldn't be bothered to get another (fixed). - Some folks identify a lot with their rides and I thought this name here would be pretty anonymus. And a hint about my materialistic attitude.

Avatar: AVEN ate mine; I don't have the PC with the original picture on it anymore and was too lazy to re-shoot it. - I hate signature lines.

Kuroneko is the cat in Trigun - basically the first anime series that got me into watching anime. My profile pic is one of the Blythe dolls that I've customized for someone. I'm a Blythe doll collector and sometimes customizer.

RoseGoesToYale

My username is the name of a lesser-known 1984 Jefferson Starship song. I think it should've made the charts, but the lyrics are bit too obscure.

My profile pic... I made rainbow cake out of perler beads! :D

My username is pretty easy. I'm a squid with a fondness towards Kens.

My old username I've retired. This new one has a reference to my Tumblr account, but I will likely change it later. My profile picture is Peridot, who is from a show I love! And I love having cartoons as my profile pictures (previous one was a perfectly looping gif of Sokka).

Archived