40 and Grateful

Jamie Marie

Greetings! I am brand new to this site and still learning my way around. I thought I would introduce myself briefly and say hello. I'm a 40 year old single mom to a 15 year old and to three cats and a dog. I'm independent, lonely, and no longer confused. I've always known I was "different" but I never knew how to categorize myself. I've spent most of my life trying to fit in to the social norms of relationships, willing to go against my orientation in an effort to find a meaningful, long-lasting relationship. I am so grateful to have found this site, to have finally come to learn the term asexual (still learning all the sub terms and trying to find out where I fit in) and to know I'm not alone. I am no longer willing to compromise myself and hope to make many friends here. It is such a relief to know that there's people here who I can be honest, intimate friends with and none of you want to have sex with me! I eventually hope to find other asexual people in my area who I can meet up with and have coffee, long conversations, and alleviate this isolation. Hope everyone has had a great day one of the new year.

Grumpy Alien

You're not alone! Welcome :)

StrawberryCheescake1-thumb-596x350-25224

Welcome to AVEN.

I'm glad you found us.

There are some really amazing people on the site, and I hope you get to meet a lot of them.

It's a great feeling not to have to pretend to follow the social norms just because everyone else is doing it.

Have a beautiful day and a beautiful New Year as well.

Sapphire Rose

Welcome! I'm so glad to meet you and happy that you've found aven. Enjoy your stay here :)

Welcome - glad you found a community of like minded people. Isolation is not good for the soul. Cake all around!

Blue Phoenix Ace

Hello from across the river. I grew up in Louisville and live nearby in Lexington. I found out I was aro ace just this year (err, last year now) at the ripe age of 37. Welcome to the club!

Jamie Marie welcome to AVEN πŸŽ‚ πŸŽ‚ and the most Ace web forum anywhere

Phantasmal Fingers

Sex? Nope :mad:

:cake: ? Don't mind if I do! ;) Ta very much, like! ​ ​ :lol:

Have some more :cake: Jamie Marie! ​

Autumn Sunrise

Welcome, Jamie Marie :cake::cake::cake: I hope you enjoy it here, and find lots of new friends :)

Welcome Jamie Marie! 53 myself. Be sure to check out the "Older Asexuals" area here. The 50+ seems to be the most lively LOL/

Archived