The A Is For Asexual

GreenWithEnby

I agree, even thought there might not be as much discrimination against Asexuals as there is against other things that don't fall under the Cis-Dyadic-Heteronormative umbrella, but that could just be due to less visibility?

Less visibility, less challenging authority, less threatening to existing heteronormative gender hierarchy.

We are quieter, for the most part. We don't do parades (and if we do, not as often), there aren't as many of us... On top of that, again, like you said, we are less threatening to them. Well, the Heteroromantic Aces are less threatening. I'm not sure about any other Aces...

Aromantic asexuals might be on a limbo on that and they can hide very well. No one suspects me of being different, and even if they do, they never once bother to confront me about it.

I suppose that goes for Asexuals as well, if you play your cards right. However, at some point, I think I'd rather be heard instead of looked over and then pushed into awkward situations. I don't want to be a special snowflake, I just want to be respected as a human being.

Yes, if I'm going to talk about my a/sexuality openly, it will be on my terms and because I want to spread awareness or perspective. I have that privilege of appearing to fit into heteronormative roles.

I guess one reason I'd rather call myself an ally to the LGBT*** community than a member of it as an asexual is that my personal experience doesn't contribute much to spreading tolerance or diversity, while my support of LGBT*** people and causes is very strong.

I agree, even thought there might not be as much discrimination against Asexuals as there is against other things that don't fall under the Cis-Dyadic-Heteronormative umbrella, but that could just be due to less visibility?

Less visibility, less challenging authority, less threatening to existing heteronormative gender hierarchy.

We are quieter, for the most part. We don't do parades (and if we do, not as often), there aren't as many of us... On top of that, again, like you said, we are less threatening to them. Well, the Heteroromantic Aces are less threatening. I'm not sure about any other Aces...

Aromantic asexuals might be on a limbo on that and they can hide very well. No one suspects me of being different, and even if they do, they never once bother to confront me about it.

I suppose that goes for Asexuals as well, if you play your cards right. However, at some point, I think I'd rather be heard instead of looked over and then pushed into awkward situations. I don't want to be a special snowflake, I just want to be respected as a human being.

I don't have any cards to play and didn't need to play any cards. I just act as myself, you know. Imagine a typical loner that prefers to be alone. Yeah, that's me alright. But, I guess it depends on some people.

GreenWithEnby

Oh and, just mentioning this again, Asexual people could suffer silently in discrimination

1. Because there aren't very many of us

2. Because many people think Asexuality is wrong or derived from trauma ONLY

3. Because we even face seperation from the normal LGBTQA+ community, furthering the idea that we aren't a valid sexual orientation.

Yes, if I'm going to talk about my a/sexuality openly, it will be on my terms and because I want to spread awareness or perspective. I have that privilege of appearing to fit into heteronormative roles.

I guess one reason I'd rather call myself an ally to the LGBT*** community than a member of it as an asexual is that my personal experience doesn't contribute much to spreading tolerance or diversity, while my support of LGBT*** people and causes is very strong.

That's very nice of u, I do it too, I think all the queen persons should do it as well.

Um, okay. All I wanted to know about how things are for asexuals in there

On the surface, I can't have a driver license and I can't speak about my asexuality in public, since that construes as coming out and "propaganda", which is finable. There are no offline asexual communities, so no way to find out whether there would be a similar attack on them or not, but the online ones are flooded with "you're not human" comments any time I check them.

As for death-and-injure promises, I receive anonymous threats regularly, but, as a native of the country Russia currently wars with, you can't tell which part of my identity each anonymous wants me to pass away for. In their "die and rot, stupid bitch" speeches they're rarely specific. Could be any. I'm not the perfect guinea pig for you to calculate the level of acephobia in Russia. You'd better consult some "pureblood" Russian asexual, in case you're still curious. I know nothing about real persecution, my life in Russia is a cakewalk. And when two police officers attack one me, it's easily ignorable.

Oh, by the way, just an amusing factoid. A Russian terrorist website, which raised funds to invade Ukraine, published an anti-asexual pamphlet last summer. It claimed that asexuals are "as bad as sodomites" (i.e. gays) and should be treated with same mercilessness. This movement uses the Confederate flag as one of their emblems, by the way.

That said, the most acephobic part of Russia is Russian LGBT community. Yes, that's even if we consider the pseudo-confederate pamphlet.

Um, okay. All I wanted to know about how things are for asexuals in there

On the surface, I can't have a driver license and I can't speak about my asexuality in public, since that construes as coming out and "propaganda", which is finable. There are no offline asexual communities, so no way to find out whether there would be a similar attack on them or not, but the online ones are flooded with "you're not human" comments any time I check them.

As for death-and-injure promises, I receive anonymous threats regularly, but, as a native of the country Russia currently wars with, you can't tell which part of my identity each anonymous wants me to pass away for. In their "die and rot, stupid bitch" speeches they're rarely specific. Could be any. I'm not the perfect guinea pig for you to calculate the level of acephobia in Russia. You'd better consult some "pureblood" Russian asexual, in case you're still curious. I know nothing about real persecution, my life in Russia is a cakewalk. And when two police officers attack one me, it's easily ignorable.

Oh, by the way, just an amusing factoid. A Russian terrorist website, which raised funds to invade Ukraine, published an anti-asexual pamphlet last summer. It claimed that asexuals are "as bad as sodomites" (i.e. gays) and should be treated with same mercilessness. This movement uses the Confederate flag as one of their emblems, by the way.

That said, the most acephobic part of Russia is Russian LGBT community. Yes, that's even if we consider the pseudo-confederate pamphlet.

Hmm, that does sound really bad, and I think I must look into this. Well, I'll be off to do some searching on this because this incite my interest into finding out about this. As far as researching goes, I really don't have the resources to do that. This is really something to look into.

And less visibility alone. Once we become more visible, once we dare speak about our experience, we get hate from both camps. People tend to forget that discriminatory laws don't appear out of thin air, social stigma precedes them. Well, social stigma against us is already here, and I won't be surprised much if discriminatory laws eventually follow. And I will be surprised even less, if it's an LGBT person who proposes them.

Why can't the A stand for both? I'm asexual pan-romantic but I still want to be an ally towards those in the community who are less fortunate than me.

GreenWithEnby

Why can't the A stand for both? I'm asexual pan-romantic but I still want to be an ally towards those in the community who are less fortunate than me.

Thats what I was saying earlier, that every single letter stands for everything under that letter, or that we classify by umbrellas.

Thats what I was saying earlier, that every single letter stands for everything under that letter, or that we classify by umbrellas.

LGBT is for minorities. :/
GreenWithEnby

LGBT is for minorities. :/

That's what I was saying at the start, basically.

LGBT should rly include the whole alphabet, let's try and see (I'm not adding ALL the possible meanings for each acronym, bc I'm lazy sry DX)

A - androgyne

B - bisexual

C - ceterosexual

D - Demisexual

E - ?

F - Fraysexual

G - gay

H - heteroromantic

I - intergender

J - ?

K - ?

L - lesbian

M - monosexual

N - neutrois

O - omniromantic

P - pansexual

Q - quoisexual

R - reciprosexual

S - sapiosexual

T - transexual

U - ?

V - ?

W - WTFromantic

X - ?

Y - ?

Z - ?

Well I think they cannot add ALL letters but correct me if I'm wrong. >.<

They would be the "ABCDFGHILMNOPQRSTW" instead of LGBT.

xenophilia

LGBT should rly include the whole alphabet, let's try and see (I'm not adding ALL the possible meanings for each acronym, bc I'm lazy sry DX)
A - androgyne
B - bisexual
C - ceterosexual
D - Demisexual
E - ?
F - Fraysexual
G - gay
H - heteroromantic
I - intergender
J - ?
K - ?
L - lesbian
M - monosexual
N - neutrois
O - omniromantic
P - pansexual
Q - quoisexual
R - reciprosexual
S - sapiosexual
T - transexual
U - ?
V - ?
W - WTFromantic
X - ?
Y - ?
Z - ?

xenophilia

A - androgyne

B - bisexual

C - ceterosexual

D - Demisexual

E - ?

F - Fraysexual

G - gay

H - heteroromantic

I - intergender

J - ?

K - ?

L - lesbian

M - monosexual

N - neutrois

O - omniromantic

P - pansexual

Q - quoisexual

R - reciprosexual

S - sapiosexual

T - transexual

U - ?

V - ?

W - WTFromantic

X - ?

Y - ?

Z - ?

I don't think paraphilias can be labeled as sexualities.

Xenophilia is really more of a colonialist objectification than it is any sexual orientation. It reeks of systemic racism and entitlement of white people to the bodies of people of colour.

Xenophilia is really more of a colonialist objectification than it is any sexual orientation. It reeks of systemic racism and entitlement of white people to the bodies of people of colour.

I think u r mistaking xenophilia with xenophobia.

How is xenophilia any less racist than xenophobia? It's similarly objectifying people based on cultural differences with an air of superiority.

How is xenophilia any less racist than xenophobia? It's similarly objectifying people based on cultural differences with an air of superiority.

Oh yeah I thought it had something to do with objects, not people, anyway I'm wrong, sry.

I didn't know this. The only context I've heard it in is people being sexually attracted to my little pony characters. Still not a sexual orientation though. Getting an x will be tricky.

A - androgyne

B - bisexual

C - ceterosexual

D - Demisexual

E - epicene

F - Fraysexual

G - gay

H - heteroromantic

I - intergender

J - ?

K - kalossexual

L - lesbian

M - monosexual

N - neutrois

O - omniromantic

P - pansexual

Q - quoisexual

R - reciprosexual

S - sapiosexual

T - transexual

U - ?

V - ?

W - WTFromantic

X - ?

Y - ?

Z - ?

They would be the "ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTW" instead of LGBT.

Do any of you remember back when it was GLBT? I was around when that changed to LGBT for political correctness reasons.

Wait, what? Elaborate please?
Womens come first, being hetero or not.

Oh. Logically void political correctness indeed, then. Thanks, I wondered if there was anything actually substantial bout it that I hadn't been aware of... meh.

A - androgyne

B - bisexual

C - ceterosexual

D - Demisexual

E - epicene

F - Fraysexual

G - gay

H - heteroromantic

I - intergender

J - ?

K - kalossexual

L - lesbian

M - monosexual

N - neutrois

O - omniromantic

P - pansexual

Q - quoisexual

R - reciprosexual

S - sapiosexual

T - transexual

U - ?

V - ?

W - WTFromantic

X - ?

Y - ?

Z - ?

Monosexual doesn't need to be in the acronym at all, because it just means being attracted to only one gender (which straight people are). And sapiosexual DEFINITELY doesn't.http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/18/pretentious-is-not-a-sexual-orientation.htmlhttp://lucreziacontarini.com/2014/11/08/sapiosexuality-and-heterosexism/

Monosexuality is a variant of bisexuality anyway.

I think LGBT should include anyone who is not an cis-dyadic heterosexual heteroromantic person.

Monosexuality is by definition not a variation of bisexuality. It was a term created to contrast with bisexuality like cis is a term created to contrast with trans. Of course asexuals are neither bisexual nor monosexual.

A - androgyne

B - bisexual

C - ceterosexual

D - Demisexual

E - epicene

F - Fraysexual

G - gay

H - heteroromantic

I - intergender

J - ?

K - kalossexual

L - lesbian

M - monosexual

N - neutrois

O - omniromantic

P - pansexual

Q - quoisexual

R - reciprosexual

S - sapiosexual

T - transexual

U - ?

V - ?

W - WTFromantic

X - ?

Y - ?

Z - ?

Monosexual doesn't need to be in the acronym at all, because it just means being attracted to only one gender (which straight people are). And sapiosexual DEFINITELY doesn't.http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/18/pretentious-is-not-a-sexual-orientation.htmlhttp://lucreziacontarini.com/2014/11/08/sapiosexuality-and-heterosexism/
Monosexuality is a variant of bisexuality anyway.

I think LGBT should include anyone who is not an cis-dyadic heterosexual heteroromantic person.

Bisexuality is the attraction to more than one gender. Monosexuality is the attraction to only one gender.
Monosexual - romantically attracted to 2 or more genders/sexes but sexually attracted to only 1.

Monoromantic - sexually attracted towards 2 or more genders/sexes but romantically attracted to only 1.

Off of Urban dictionary:

Monosexual : A person who's sexual prefernce is one sex. It can be heterosexual or homosexual.

Lisa is a monosexual lesbian and does not like men, therefore she's not bisexual.
Monoromantic: Nothing showed up
I know dictionaries aren't the only sources of information for the meanings of words, and urban dictionary certainly isn't the most prestigious source, but I'm just showing that other people have defined monosexual to mean sexual orientation only, not romantic orientation. I've never seen the word monosexual used to denote romantic orientation. Someone can be monosexual and biromantic but not all monosexuals are biromantic.

Off of Urban dictionary:

Monosexual : A person who's sexual prefernce is one sex. It can be heterosexual or homosexual.[/size]

Lisa is a monosexual lesbian and does not like men, therefore she's not bisexual.

I know dictionaries aren't the only sources of information for the meanings of words, and urban dictionary certainly isn't the most prestigious source, but I'm just showing that other people have defined monosexual to mean sexual orientation only, not romantic orientation. I've never seen the word monosexual used to denote romantic orientation. Someone can be monosexual and biromantic but not all monosexuals are biromantic.

This topic may be useful: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/30556-bi-romantic-mono-sexuality/

What so ever if monos can't be considered on my list, the M can stand for "maverique" or "aporagender" instead.

Off of Urban dictionary:

Monosexual : A person who's sexual prefernce is one sex. It can be heterosexual or homosexual.[/size]

This topic may be useful: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/30556-bi-romantic-mono-sexuality/

What so ever if monos can't be considered on my list, the M can stand for "maverique" or "aporagender" instead.

This thread had people talking about how they were biromantic and monosexual but not all monosexual people are biromantic.Here is the Wikipedia definition of monosexuality: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosexuality

Monosexuality is used as a term by modern writers in contrast to bisexuality. https://radicalbi.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/a-brief-history-of-the-term-monosexuality/

GreenWithEnby

I was going to ask if it would be Biromanticism to be romantically attracted to Fem/Female people, and Agendered/Nonbinary/Neutrois people, but I guess it would, seeing as they are two(+?) different genders/identities... But would it classify as homoromanticism? I'm genderfluid I suppose, but not enough so that I would classify myself as such. I float from Demigirl to Neutrois depending on my moods, what I'm doing, what I'm wearing, who I'm around, etc, so would it be Biromanticism or Homoromanticism?