Famous asexuals?

jenjen150

Sherlock Holmes? :lol:

Not sure though if he's asexual/aromantic or just doesn't have the time/interest for it though, because some adaptions portray him in different ways.

Quite a few sites have T. E. Lawrence listed (the author of Lawrence of Arabia).

Here's one of the four men listed by wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Asexual_men

Also, apparently Janeane Garofalo got married recently to Brody Tate (no idea who he is?). Perhaps it's a romantic marriage.

Phantasmal Fingers

We've had this thread before...

Just Saying!

With Love & Best Wishes,

Nicola Tesla.

Just Saying!

With Love & Best Wishes,

Nicola Tesla.

oops i'm kinda new here

DanaWasHere100

I'll just have to become famous, so that I'll be on The Directionless' list. :)

Just Saying!

With Love & Best Wishes,

Nicola Tesla.

oops i'm kinda new here
Don't feel bad! New members can't be expected to know all the older threads, so it's pretty common for threads to be unintentionally repeated here :)

I seriously doubt anyone high up in hollywood is asexual.

The casting couch applies to both males as well as females, so be be anyone there, i would assume they have to love sex, or willing to do it to get a go at a show or movie.

So although there may be some, i doubt anyone in hollywood is one.

The casting couch you can bet is very real there, and if a person is not willing to do what they have to, someone else will. Being in hollywood, you would have to love sex, or at least be a person that can use sex as a tool to benefit your career.

Thats just the way it is.

You can bet, staying a virgin will not get you very far in hollywood. No matter how good looking you are, these people whom you see, are only there as they paid a price. Casting couch and hollywood has always been that way.

I seriously doubt anyone in hollywood history was an asexual, if that is what op means. The people you see, are only there as they paid a price.

Speaking from experience there, Andreas?

No

Just the way things are, and how important energies are to people, and what hollywood people think they are.

The hollywood people exploit things that most people do not know about.

I was given my opinion on hollywood, if that is what op is asking. Just that your not going to find any virgins in hollywood, as sex is important to that lot. Its also to do with energies, and how they transmit out and how stars shine, if you get me. Thats why hollywood stars basically only exist when young, most have energy gone by 30.

Why do you think the music people have a record of that age of 27. Why so many died at 27, its because of how energies work, and how like i said in another thread, people have peaked by 30(everyone).

Tim Gunn!

Tim Gunn has never openly said he is asexual as far as I know. While it's a good guess based on comments he has made, I firmly believe that we should never assume anyone is asexual unless they open state that they are.

Tim Gunn!

Tim Gunn has never openly said he is asexual as far as I know. While it's a good guess based on comments he has made, I firmly believe that we should never assume anyone is asexual unless they open state that they are.

I don't recall the source (I think it was a foreword/preface in a book by someone else), but I'm pretty sure I read something once where he did say he is asexual. But I'm not sure he understood the word the same way we use it here. And my memory could be totally faulty and I don't know what I'm saying. Without a citation I would take it with more than a grain of salt. :)

Tim Gunn!

http://greginhollywood.com/tim-gunns-revealing-people-interview-when-i-was-seventeen-id-made-a-serious-suicide-attempt-37239

"Ive always been kind of asexual"

Beautiful Chaos

Not sure though if he's asexual/aromantic or just doesn't have the time/interest for it though, because some adaptions portray him in different ways.

Naaaah, he's definitely asexual. At least the depiction of him portrayed by Benedict Cumberbatch. Not so sure about the one portrayed by Robert Downy Jr. but I'd say both Sherlocks are fairly similar. ^__^

Also, that's a pretty cool list, @Lost247365! c:

A list that might be useful is right here.

I know I included her in my own list, but I really really hate calling Caitlyn Jenner asexual. If you actually read what she said, she was making it clear that she is a homosexual transwoman who is not wanting to get involved in sex at this time. IE she was using asexual as a synonym for celibate.

Sir Edward Heath, former prime minister of the UK is thought to have been asexual. Or gay, but that may have been Maggie Thatcher and gang spreading lies to discredit him. In any case, no one has comfirmed that he had any sexual relationships, ever.

Moved thread from Asexual Q&A to World Watch.

SkyWorld, Asexual Q&A Co-Moderator

mustardblood

I believe I have seen somewhere that Sir Isaac Newton was probably Ace

Naaaah, he's definitely asexual. At least the depiction of him portrayed by Benedict Cumberbatch. Not so sure about the one portrayed by Robert Downy Jr. but I'd say both Sherlocks are fairly similar. ^__^

Sherlock Holmes is also definetly written as an asexual charachter in the novels of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and he appears to have a romantic interest of some sort only in A Scandal in Bohemia, with Irene Adler. (I think Benedict Cumberbatch and the whole BBC series portrays him amazingly, I still have to watch Robert Downy Jr's Sherlock though!!!) :)

{I hope my comment wasn't too much of an off-topic for the purpose of the thread, sorry!}

Daryl Dixon form The Walking Dead

Archived