Advice column..

littlelisa

http://www.creators.com/lifestyle_show.cfm...ColumnsName=ama

Dear Annie: I have been married over 25 years to a wonderful, caring, well-adjusted man who has never been interested in sex. He is not gay. He is totally faithful. But his sex drive is almost nonexistent. While our no-sex marriage has been very frustrating at times, I love him too much to divorce him or have an affair. I just cope the best I can.

My question is this: Can a person truly be asexual? Most medical providers say the problem is either low testosterone or psychological. Period. Well, he's had all the medical tests, and everything's normal. Counselors confirm that he's a well-adjusted guy. I'm convinced that he's just "wired" that way. Any answers? -- No Sex for Me

Dear No Sex: According to a recent study in The Journal of Sex Research, about one percent of adults have absolutely no interest in sex. Since your husband is otherwise healthy and you want to stay with him, we hope you can find satisfaction through other means. For more information on asexuality, try the Asexual Visibility and Education Network at asexuality.org.

2013 Mod Edit: New Link.

Archived