ASL

HelloToYou

h.GIFe.GIFl.GIFl.GIFo.GIF

Does anyone here know American Sign Language? I am taking a class in highschool, but I plan on taking it in college next year (or possibly this summer) as well.

*waves*

I know some ASL! I learned it in college (took 1 class, was in a group that signed to music, and had a deaf friend).

I'm not terribly fluent or anything, but I know enough my theater managers liked making me talk to the kids from the school of the deaf and blind who came for the movies!

• 4 months later...

Yeah, I guess that counts!

I have tryed to learn a little. But with very little use I am forgetting it.

I learned to sign a song, too. I remember much of that.

Charlieee

I took a half-year course on it in the beginning of eighth grade, even if it was just the teacher, me, and another student :D We learned a bunch of standard phrases (hello, how are you, what time is it, stuff like that.) And then we all chose a poem and learned to sign it. I did Lying Larry by... um... Shel Silverstein? One of the famous kid poets.

But, unfortunately, I forgot a lot of it :( I know the alphabet, though...

Wild Seven

Not ASL, but I took three-month (around) courses of Czech Sign Language. Though without practice, I forgot much more than with spoken languages, however, I liked the experience very much. Plan to go back to study later.

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out my school is now offering a Deaf Studies minor and I already have all the credits I need for it. When I go back this Fall I may change my major and make that my minor.

Archived