Jump to content
biggreenmonkey

The Asexual-Sexual Q&A Thread

Recommended Posts

CBC
26 minutes ago, Apostle said:

Whatever you do don't offer him charity sex if it should progress that far as that would be demeaning to both of you.

I think you've gotta let people navigate their own relationships rather than telling them definitely do or do not do X. I am someone who wouldn't want what you term "charity sex" from an asexual partner because it would be lacking in basically all the components that make sex within a loving relationship what it is to me, however other people/couples may feel differently. You can share your feelings on "charity sex" without telling others what they should do.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alibali

Agreed, people have sex for all sorts of reasons...including sexuals.  A one night stand or sex with someone else in an open relationship is unlikely to mean the same as sex in a loving relationship. It is more likely that an asexual in a loving relationship is going to enjoy sex and for it to be loving which has its own meaning and is not with the intention of giving charity but as part of a loving and intimate relationship. Apart from anything else sex even for an asexual is what makes the difference between that relationship and friendships.  Nobody else gets as close.  Nobody feels the same as someone else. Equating it to charity in every relationship is very demeaning towards asexuals.  It makes me think we are viewed as having no feelings or are unable to form a relationship.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anisotrophic
1 hour ago, cbc said:

I am someone who wouldn't want what you term "charity sex" from an asexual partner because it would be lacking in basically all the components that make sex within a loving relationship what it is to me, however other people/couples may feel differently.

🙋‍♂️ charity sex is awesome 💕

 

With the T, now I'm so proud of myself for not requesting every single day. Go me. 😅 I don't mind that my partner laughs at it, I'm happy to be a running joke -- as long as he's not hurt or stressed. 🙂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CBC
2 minutes ago, anisotrophic said:

🙋‍♂️ charity sex is awesome 💕

 

With the T, now I'm so proud of myself for not requesting every single day. Go me. 😅 I don't mind that my partner laughs at it, I'm happy to be a running joke -- as long as he's not hurt or stressed. 🙂

I'm really glad it works for you guys. 😁 I've absolutely no idea why anyone would think there's a one-size-fits-all way of navigating an ace/sexual pairing -- or any type of relationship for that matter.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NicoleHolmes
16 hours ago, Apostle said:

That's good you are talking about it. My SO hasn't and it does create a barrier.

Whatever you do don't offer him charity sex if it should progress that far as that would be demeaning to both of you.

What if it's not charity sex persay (because I know he could easily get it elsewhere if he wants to) but it's more like, I enjoy pleasing him and watching him react, even if I don't enjoy actual piv? I also want that level of closeness with him. Do you think sex with someone brings a different type or level of closeness? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NicoleHolmes
14 hours ago, cbc said:

I'm really glad it works for you guys. 😁 I've absolutely no idea why anyone would think there's a one-size-fits-all way of navigating an ace/sexual pairing -- or any type of relationship for that matter.

I guess he and I will just have to continue discussing it and figure out what type of relationship works for us or if we want to stay quasi platonic friends. There are other issues of compatibility to consider as well, besides our sexualities. There's also religious and lifestyle differences. 

But hey, from the way we've talked and interacted, at least I know that he loves and respects me, and I him, whether we work as a couple or not. He came and stayed the night at my house, and I wondered if he would try something, because he's so sexual. I told him I didn't want to go there, and he said he understood. We curled up on the couch and watched our favorite show and snuggled all night (I absolutely love being held). He didn't even try to kiss me until the morning. I was more than fine with kissing lol. It made me feel very loved because he just valued my company. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apostle
On 11/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, CBC said:

I think you've gotta let people navigate their own relationships rather than telling them definitely do or do not do X. I am someone who wouldn't want what you term "charity sex" from an asexual partner because it would be lacking in basically all the components that make sex within a loving relationship what it is to me, however other people/couples may feel differently. You can share your feelings on "charity sex" without telling others what they should do.

After discussing this topic with other sexuals, both male and female, 100% agreed that it was unhealthy to take or offer 'charity' sex. You may well describe it as prostitute sex without any financial penalty. It's sex for the sake of getting rid of fluids and nothing more than that so meaningless in a loving relationship.

 

Anyway, the topic should be covering sex between sexuals and asexuals so it will almost never work and should be discouraged. Better to find a like minded partner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CBC
5 minutes ago, Apostle said:

After discussing this topic with other sexuals, both male and female, 100% agreed that it was unhealthy to take or offer 'charity' sex. You may well describe it as prostitute sex without any financial penalty. It's sex for the sake of getting rid of fluids and nothing more than that so meaningless in a loving relationship.

 

Anyway, the topic should be covering sex between sexuals and asexuals so it will almost never work and should be discouraged. Better to find a like minded partner.

Why are you disregarding the experiences of other people in this thread and on this forum??

 

Don't have whatever type of sex YOU don't want. And definitely feel free to share your thoughts on what works for you and what doesn't. But how can you possibly tell everyone else what they ought to be doing?

 

Also "prostitute sex" is hella offensive to the people who find themselves in that situation and are trying to navigate it lovingly and with respect.

 

(Fwiw, I don't disagree that it's unlikely to work for the majority of mixed couples.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alibali
6 minutes ago, Apostle said:

After discussing this topic with other sexuals, both male and female, 100% agreed that it was unhealthy to take or offer 'charity' sex. You may well describe it as prostitute sex without any financial penalty. It's sex for the sake of getting rid of fluids and nothing more than that so meaningless in a loving relationship.

 

Anyway, the topic should be covering sex between sexuals and asexuals so it will almost never work and should be discouraged. Better to find a like minded partner.

You only know it is "charity sex" if you are told that explicitly. Otherwise you have no idea what the motivation is. 

 

In addition the likelihood of both sexual partners wanting to have sex at the same time is questionable, so it is therefore likely that one person's drive is higher than the others at any one point.  And then surely that can also be "charity sex" if one person isn't that bothered at that moment but goes along with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apostle
13 minutes ago, CBC said:

Why are you disregarding the experiences of other people in this thread and on this forum?

I don't see myself as disregarding their experiences, all I'm stating is that a loving relationship from MY experience is better served when 'charity' or 'gift' sex is not involved. I feel that it is an insult to the recipient - just my personal experience, that's all. If two people want to have a quick bonk with no personal attachment then that's their business.

 

31 minutes ago, alibali said:

You only know it is "charity sex" if you are told that explicitly. Otherwise you have no idea what the motivation is

I'm not sure what you mean? Why would anyone tell you that they are going to participate in 'charity' sex?

 

32 minutes ago, alibali said:

 

In addition the likelihood of both sexual partners wanting to have sex at the same time is questionable

Do you really believe that! Wouldn't the 'reluctant' partner tell his/her lover that they would rather not? Why would a reluctant partner go along with having sex if they don't want to? Can they not speak? Your statement truly baffles me, I have to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alibali
1 hour ago, Apostle said:

I don't see myself as disregarding their experiences, all I'm stating is that a loving relationship from MY experience is better served when 'charity' or 'gift' sex is not involved. I feel that it is an insult to the recipient - just my personal experience, that's all. If two people want to have a quick bonk with no personal attachment then that's their business.

 

I'm not sure what you mean? Why would anyone tell you that they are going to participate in 'charity' sex?

 

Do you really believe that! Wouldn't the 'reluctant' partner tell his/her lover that they would rather not? Why would a reluctant partner go along with having sex if they don't want to? Can they not speak? Your statement truly baffles me, I have to say.

I'm not saying they would tell you, but if they don't tell you, you wouldn't know. The most you could do was suspect.

 

I'm genuinely curious then. How do sexual people ever have sex if they wait until both want to so their desires are matched?  And does the person who is told no not feel frustrated at that point? Even if they know their partner desires them sometimes? Is there never any element of persuasion or coaxing between two sexual partners?  I just don't believe that in a long term relationship between two sexual partners there is no "charity sex".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apostle
4 hours ago, alibali said:

I'm not saying they would tell you, but if they don't tell you, you wouldn't know. The most you could do was suspect.

 

I'm genuinely curious then. How do sexual people ever have sex if they wait until both want to so their desires are matched?  And does the person who is told no not feel frustrated at that point? Even if they know their partner desires them sometimes? Is there never any element of persuasion or coaxing between two sexual partners?  I just don't believe that in a long term relationship between two sexual partners there is no "charity sex".

It's what is called 'chemistry' that gives off signals to the partner. If one of the partners does something to stimulate (and it could be a simple holding of hands) then if the other partner responds and maybe goes another stage in the process, like a kiss for example, then both partners are on the same wavelength. It would only stop if one of the partners said something or the circumstances for further advances were stymied by time, place or circumstance.

Most sexuals would know this behaviour as it is built in their dna. Those that don't have this intuition don't have the full ingredients I suspect.

 

Of course, the person who has been turned down would be concerned or disappointed but there is always another day, isn't there?

 

I'm sure you are correct in saying that charity sex is part of a relationship, especially with women as it takes longer for them to want to have sex but generally, if the partner is in tune, he or she would know by their partner's actions if there was no enthusiasm present.

 

In my case, because my SO is asexual, I was always the one to initiate. I genuinely thought that she was just that type of person, i.e. someone with a low libido. I was wrong of course but information was hard to come by 30 years ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alibali

I am quite amused by the suggestion that I may be chromosomely or developmentally challenged.

 

Not that I really care. I am happy with the comfortable relationships I have with my male friends, (and I have "come out" to my close friends) because I am not threatening to them or to their partners, and they can be open with me about sex and their partners as a result.

 

I feel quite privileged as a solo asexual so I don't take offence at missing a few ingredients.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AceMissBehaving
8 hours ago, Apostle said:

After discussing this topic with other sexuals, both male and female, 100% agreed that it was unhealthy to take or offer 'charity' sex. You may well describe it as prostitute sex without any financial penalty. It's sex for the sake of getting rid of fluids and nothing more than that so meaningless in a loving relationship.

 

Anyway, the topic should be covering sex between sexuals and asexuals so it will almost never work and should be discouraged. Better to find a like minded partner.

I mean we have someone in this very thread contradicting this statement, so right off the bat your 100% is false.

 

It’s also rude as hell to describe it as the same as sex with a prostitute (not that there’s anything wrong with that done consensually). There is still affection and personal connection there.

 

I am sorry your relationship is so unhappy, but I do wish you would stop painting your experience as being universal when it isn’t. As has been shown time and time again. Your insistence that it is, is honestly hurtful and insulting to many asexuals, and also to any sexual partners who are happy in their mixed relationships. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anisotrophic

Alas! I stand corrected! My soul is poisoned! I’m an amoral monster. The Caliban! A twisted, wretched thing, forcing their partner to do such terrible chores — what next, will I ask him to do laundry or dishes?
 

Who wants someone that’s merely willing? Me. I don’t know that I’ll ever have someone that “wants” me, this is the hand that life dealt. I’ll take what I can get. It’s not like I have a lot of great choices, there’s pain in every direction. I’ll embrace my descent into villainy, and you can envy me my “free” “prostitute”.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anthracite_Impreza

I mean, I'm not sexual, but as an objectum romantic in a relationship with a car, I know how it feels to have people insist whatever you do in your relationship it is always one-sided and unhealthy. Haven't we realised by now there is no one size fits all solution to these things, and that those in the relationship know what works for them better than those outside?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apostle
15 hours ago, AceMissBehaving said:

It’s also rude as hell to describe it as the same as sex with a prostitute (not that there’s anything wrong with that done consensually). There is still affection and personal connection there.

I detect a lot of anger in your responses and also a one-mindedness that does not understand a normal sexual. I'll leave it as that for now but I do feel sorry for you. I'm not sure how you can even mention that there is affection and personal connection with a prostitute. Very sad if you believe that. People go to prostitutes for reasons other than finding a soul mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apostle
15 hours ago, AceMissBehaving said:

I mean we have someone in this very thread contradicting this statement, so right off the bat your 100% is false.

So one person contradicting my personal opinion makes my statement 100% false? Wow! You should go into politics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serran
22 hours ago, alibali said:

I'm not saying they would tell you, but if they don't tell you, you wouldn't know. The most you could do was suspect.

 

I'm genuinely curious then. How do sexual people ever have sex if they wait until both want to so their desires are matched?  And does the person who is told no not feel frustrated at that point? Even if they know their partner desires them sometimes? Is there never any element of persuasion or coaxing between two sexual partners?  I just don't believe that in a long term relationship between two sexual partners there is no "charity sex".

Sex when you aren't horny yourself but your partner is when you are attracted to them is different from sex without attraction. You still want them just not in mood that second so a no isn't as big a deal (it isn't the same overall rejection) and a yes without being in the mood tends to still be nice enough. But, yeah mismatched libidos can be severe in two sexuals and couples therapists deal with that issue often. When it gets severe it can become a big issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AceMissBehaving
4 hours ago, Apostle said:

So one person contradicting my personal opinion makes my statement 100% false? Wow! You should go into politics!

No it makes your statement that “100% of sexual partners agree that charity sex is bad” false, because at least one person disagrees 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alibali

In other words small, non randomly selected samples don't prove a theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AceMissBehaving
4 hours ago, Apostle said:

I detect a lot of anger in your responses and also a one-mindedness that does not understand a normal sexual. I'll leave it as that for now but I do feel sorry for you. I'm not sure how you can even mention that there is affection and personal connection with a prostitute. Very sad if you believe that. People go to prostitutes for reasons other than finding a soul mate.

I think you miss understood my post. I said it wasn’t like sex with a prostitute because because when an asexual person  has sex with their partner there is closeness, affection there etc. You were the one that said

 

On 11/18/2019 at 4:06 AM, Apostle said:

You may well describe it as prostitute sex without any financial penalty. It's sex for the sake of getting rid of fluids and nothing more than that so meaningless in a loving relationship.

 

20 hours ago, AceMissBehaving said:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike39

From this discussion I see that we need some clarity about personal boundaries that should be understood in couples.

 

If I am asexual:

1. I cannot be touched by anyone, even by my soulmate.

2. I can hug my partner, but everything else repels me.

3. I can give nonsexual massage to partner, it is good feeling to touch my soulmate, It is sensual, but not sexual.

4. I can do massage with touching my soulmate sexually, I enjoy just looking how good it feels for her, I try to understand how my partner feels it.

5. I can go for full sex and I treat the sex as another sensual+sexual massage, it is nice to see how partner is breathing funny.

6. I can enjoy the sex and I can get some orgasms, just I have never felt like horny.

 

If I am sexual:

1. I cannot be touched by him, if he does not desire me.

2. If he does not sexually desire me, I can hug my partner and nothing more.

3. If he does not sexually desire me, I still enjoy closeness with nonsexual massage it is good feeling to touch my soulmate, It is sensual, but not sexual.

4. If he does not sexually desire me, I will enjoy massage with sexually flavor anyway, it just feels good.

5. Even if he is not filled with hormones,  I can enjoy the sexual intercourse because it is very sensual and I am so close with my partner.

6. I know, he have never felt horny, but he still can reach orgasm, it is nice to find the way to do that and try to find pleasure for both of us.

 

I am 6  and my ace wife is between 4 and 5 now :). There was a period when my wife was only 2 :(, It was very difficult.

Edited by Mike39

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CBC

@Mike39 I'm... a bit confused.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...