biggreenmonkey

The Asexual-Sexual Q&A Thread

Apostle
On 8/13/2019 at 5:34 PM, alibali said:

x

alibali
59 minutes ago, Apostle said:

Looking back, I'm confident that my partner only participated to please me, not because she really enjoyed pleasing me.

You are probably right. But don't knock the enthusiam. When willing and not repulsed its heady to be desired.  My own feelings were more complex than simply participating in order to please. Obviously i have no idea how you and your partner felt. But it probably wasn't that straightforward.

• Like 1

xstatic ☆゚°˖* ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I find that there are different levels of enthusiasm.  There's a huge difference between the 'I can tell you want this so I will make the effort even though I would rather just go to sleep' and the 'I can tell you want this and I really enjoy seeing you look so happy, and yeah, this feels good so let's go for it'.

And to be honest, I've been the one who regularly felt those things in a previous relationship, so I understand the perspective.

• Like 1

Apostle

x

Apostle
On 8/14/2019 at 11:29 AM, alibali said:

x

anisotrophic
2 hours ago, Apostle said:

I suspect one day all males will be surplus to requirements and women can reach orgasm and can have children without them, as science is making it more and more likely. Good luck on that front.

Males will be implanted with an electronic meter at birth that regulates testosterone and cuts it out altogether at a certain age although in my case my SO did that inadvertently (or purposely, who knows?)!

These look like hateful, offensive, and bigoted statements about women.

• Like 2

xstatic ☆゚°˖* ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Or at the very least dystopian science fiction.

@Apostle we are at an age where we are really coming to understand that sexuality and gender are fluid.  Making blanket statements regarding men vs women just doesn't make a lot of sense to me anymore.

And yes, humans are indeed very complex, but doesn't that make life interesting? 😊

• Like 3

CBC
1 minute ago, anisotrophic said:
2 hours ago, Apostle said:

I suspect one day all males will be surplus to requirements and women can reach orgasm and can have children without them, as science is making it more and more likely. Good luck on that front.

Males will be implanted with an electronic meter at birth that regulates testosterone and cuts it out altogether at a certain age although in my case my SO did that inadvertently (or purposely, who knows?)!

These look like hateful, offensive, and bigoted statements about women.

Yep, more or less.

You don't get to use your sexually unsatisfying relationship to disparage women. Plus surely you realise that's ridiculous. There will always be straight women who desire men sexually and romantically and as life partners. Scientific and technological innovation are not going to magically eliminate the natural inclination we have to seek connection and love and companionship, and for straight women, that's found with men (and of course bisexual women often have male partners as well). I imagine most of them prefer ones that don't hold such hostile views, though.

• Like 3

anisotrophic

No, I'm serious. I think what @Apostle wrote was a conspiracy-theory type of hate speech.

Try replacing this with a speculation about how Jews will treat gentiles in the future, or how blacks will treat whites. Statements like these lead to people kill others – in the darkest parts of history, it's part of the pattern of genocide. Hatred towards women is a common trait of mass murderers. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/us/mass-shootings-misogyny-dayton.html

Apostle
On 8/14/2019 at 4:31 PM, anisotrophic said:

x

Snaonderneath a Mistlecone

Ah, "some of my best friends are this category I treat with disdain" 

• Like 2

CBC

"I'm not racist, I listen to Louis Armstrong and I'm a huge fan of the NBA and Tony who works in accounting is a pretty nice guy. I just don't feel comfortable with my daughter dating a black man because of cultural differences."

🙃

• Like 2

Pumpkin Spice Eggnog Latte

So back on topic.

Since this is a Q&A thread I would like to debunk something.

Sexuals like cake too!!!  Please leave some cake for your sexual friends who request it!!

Thank you

• Like 4

CBC

I prefer pie. By far. :ph34r: 

Blueberry and peach and lemon meringue and strawberry-rhubarb and raspberry... :wub: 

I'm also really good at baking them.

• Like 2

Actually honestly I prefer pie too.

Strawberry rhubarb pie is the best pie.

• Like 2

Skullery Maid

Same re: pie. Like by a lot, actually. 

Is this... have we just discovered a new truth? 

• Like 4

Philip027

The only pie I've ever liked was pumpkin.

Most pies are too chunky, too fruity, or too tart for my taste.  If I'm gonna eat some sort of bakery-produced product, I want it to be especially sweet and unhealthy for me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skullery said:

Same re: pie. Like by a lot, actually. 

Is this... have we just discovered a new truth? 

This would make the "am I asexual" questions much easier...

• Like 3

Skullery Maid
8 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

Most pies are too chunky, too fruity, or too tart for my taste. 

Lol that's a very good description of pie (minus the "too"). 

Honestly I think, Kisa, you may have just made a major scientific discovery. 

• Like 2

CBC
10 hours ago, skullery said:

Seconded.

Lol... remember that weird homophobic guy you helped me argue with on the Facebook page of a local news outlet a couple years ago? Somehow pie came into that. And he told us maybe we were made for each other.

(I think that's the second time I've referenced that incident on AVEN, haha.)

• Like 2

Skullery Maid

Was he pro or con? This is very important information. 

CBC
Just now, skullery said:

Was he pro or con? This is very important information. 

Pie? Don't know. The pie was a sexual reference, not so much a question of liking it or not.

I love love love that he picked up the argument again the next morning too. Like... dude. Chill.

• Like 1

CBC

Oooh I just remembered something. This is probably weird, but... gooseberry pie. 😍 My mum and I would pick gooseberries at one of our neighbours' houses when I was really little, they had a fuckload of gooseberry bushes in their backyard. It's amazing.

• Like 2

ryn2
6 hours ago, skullery said:

Sorry to debunk, but I rarely like cake at all and I looooove pie.  Banana cream is about the only pie I don’t like, and that’s because I don’t like bananas.

• Like 1

CBC

Well maybe there's still a trend, if not an absolute cut-and-dried rule? :P 

I'm clinging onto this theory, haha.

ryn2

Maybe!  But also keep in mind that the original theory was that aces prefer cake to sex (whereas, presumably, sexuals prefer sex to cake).  That doesn’t necessarily mean they *like* cake.  :D

I mean, I prefer cleaning the toilet to scrubbing the bathtub/shower...

• Like 1

CBC

Yeah, good point.

And yes I definitely prefer sex to cake. I'd give up cake for the rest of my life if it somehow magically granted me guaranteed sex even once a week, haha. Though to be fair, if I could just no longer have cake ever again, regardless of the reason and with nothing in return for giving it up, I'd be like, "Eh, ok." I don't have anything against cake, and some cakes are incredibly delicious, but as a general category of baked goods, I'm quite neutral. I wouldn't be facing a deeply upsetting loss if I couldn't have cake.

I'd rather clean the toilet than the bathtub as well. Faster job and requires less effort.

ryn2

Exactly!  The tub is hard!

I don’t really care if I have cake *or* sex, although both can be fine or even really enjoyable.  It’s just a lot less likely someone will make my life miserable (or vice versa, in fairness) over cake than over sex.

Traveler40

1. Get a cleaning lady/person and 💥 done  

2. Mine uses Scrubbing Bubbles & Soft Scrub (which I replenish as needed - she swears by them!)

3. Sex over sugar, and THAT is a close call...😬

Traveler40

Wait, why are we splitting hairs? 🤔

I’ll take cake, pie AND sex please! 🎉

AND DAMN, I ♥️ Emojis these days. I may be back in the crowd, but eventually I catch the crazy.