The Asexual-Sexual Q&A Thread

anisotrophic
47 minutes ago, AceMissBehaving said:

it’s been hard with his travel schedule. He’s home for the next week so we’ll see what shakes out. 

Good luck! I know there's tele/remote videochat therapy offered by therapists now but I've never tried it. He might try an "in person" that can fall back to do this option while he's traveling.

• Like 1
AceMissBehaving
4 minutes ago, anisotrophic said:

Good luck! I know there's tele/remote videochat therapy offered by therapists now but I've never tried it. He might try an "in person" that can fall back to do this option while he's traveling.

I think that’s what he’s going to try looking for, or at least flexible appointment times. I’m keeping my fingers crossed he’s able to find a good fit.

6 minutes ago, Serran said:

If he isn't needing a very specified training from his therapist, betterhelp offers online therapy. 

I think that might be one he looked into, but if not I’ll

pass it along 

I didn't know i was performing. I thought men liked women to participate and be enthusiastic. 

I didn't realise it wasnt like that for women until over 30 years after I lost my virginity.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Apostle said:

Looking back, I'm confident that my partner only participated to please me, not because she really enjoyed pleasing me.

You are probably right. But don't knock the enthusiam. When willing and not repulsed its heady to be desired.  My own feelings were more complex than simply participating in order to please. Obviously i have no idea how you and your partner felt. But it probably wasn't that straightforward.

• Like 1

I find that there are different levels of enthusiasm.  There's a huge difference between the 'I can tell you want this so I will make the effort even though I would rather just go to sleep' and the 'I can tell you want this and I really enjoy seeing you look so happy, and yeah, this feels good so let's go for it'.

And to be honest, I've been the one who regularly felt those things in a previous relationship, so I understand the perspective.

• Like 1
anisotrophic
2 hours ago, Apostle said:

I suspect one day all males will be surplus to requirements and women can reach orgasm and can have children without them, as science is making it more and more likely. Good luck on that front.

Males will be implanted with an electronic meter at birth that regulates testosterone and cuts it out altogether at a certain age although in my case my SO did that inadvertently (or purposely, who knows?)!

These look like hateful, offensive, and bigoted statements about women.

• Like 1

Or at the very least dystopian science fiction.

@Apostle we are at an age where we are really coming to understand that sexuality and gender are fluid.  Making blanket statements regarding men vs women just doesn't make a lot of sense to me anymore.

And yes, humans are indeed very complex, but doesn't that make life interesting? 😊

• Like 3
anisotrophic

No, I'm serious. I think what @Apostle wrote was a conspiracy-theory type of hate speech.

Try replacing this with a speculation about how Jews will treat gentiles in the future, or how blacks will treat whites. Statements like these lead to people kill others – in the darkest parts of history, it's part of the pattern of genocide. Hatred towards women is a common trait of mass murderers. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/us/mass-shootings-misogyny-dayton.html

Ah, "some of my best friends are this category I treat with disdain" 

• Like 1

So back on topic.

Since this is a Q&A thread I would like to debunk something.

Sexuals like cake too!!!  Please leave some cake for your sexual friends who request it!!

Thank you

The only pie I've ever liked was pumpkin.

Most pies are too chunky, too fruity, or too tart for my taste.  If I'm gonna eat some sort of bakery-produced product, I want it to be especially sweet and unhealthy for me.

2 minutes ago, skullery said:

Same re: pie. Like by a lot, actually. 

Is this... have we just discovered a new truth? 

This would make the "am I asexual" questions much easier...

8 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

Most pies are too chunky, too fruity, or too tart for my taste. 

Lol that's a very good description of pie (minus the "too"). 

Honestly I think, Kisa, you may have just made a major scientific discovery. 

6 hours ago, skullery said:

Honestly I think, Kisa, you may have just made a major scientific discovery. 

Sorry to debunk, but I rarely like cake at all and I looooove pie.  Banana cream is about the only pie I don’t like, and that’s because I don’t like bananas.

• Like 1

Maybe!  But also keep in mind that the original theory was that aces prefer cake to sex (whereas, presumably, sexuals prefer sex to cake).  That doesn’t necessarily mean they *like* cake.  :D

I mean, I prefer cleaning the toilet to scrubbing the bathtub/shower...

• Like 1

Exactly!  The tub is hard!

I don’t really care if I have cake *or* sex, although both can be fine or even really enjoyable.  It’s just a lot less likely someone will make my life miserable (or vice versa, in fairness) over cake than over sex.

1. Get a cleaning lady/person and 💥 done  

2. Mine uses Scrubbing Bubbles & Soft Scrub (which I replenish as needed - she swears by them!)

3. Sex over sugar, and THAT is a close call...😬

Wait, why are we splitting hairs? 🤔

I’ll take cake, pie AND sex please! 🎉

AND DAMN, I ♥️ Emojis these days. I may be back in the crowd, but eventually I catch the crazy.

23 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

1. Get a cleaning lady/person and 💥 done

Divorce = cash is a precious commodity and I can only outsource what I literally cannot do, alas.

• Like 2