How common is it to be Asexual and Agender Poll type thingy

LassieBee

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider yourself to be both asexual and agender?

• Yes, agender and asexual
    • No, just agender
    • No, just asexual
    • No, asexual and non-binary but not agender
    • No, neither

This poll is closed to new votes

So I'm agender and asexual and I've seen a lot of "just because I'm asexual it doesn't mean I'm agender" and vice versa. Truthfully, it's nice to be a stereotype for once but I just wondered how many of you are both or not.
I'm going to add the yes's up and the no's up just to see so comment away!

I think there may be an important positive correlation. Being both seems much more common than normal here.

Personally, I'm neutral most of the time but it largely depends on what hormones (for medical reasons) and how much I'm taking, so "gendered feelings" fluctuate, sometimes slightly, sometimes radically... It can be anything but other than when I take hormones into accounts, it's too random to make me see any pattern. Honestly, I've given up labels, just too complicated in my case.

DannyFenton123

Not sure about gender over here. So far something in between female and agender, but that's subject to change ;)

The 2014 AVEN community census showed that there's a lot more agender aces than agender people among the total population, percentage-wise. It's almost a quarter of AVENite aces that are agender, from what I remember, according to that census. Or was it closer to 20%? Also, I'm pretty sure that was non-binary people, not just agender people... Anyway! Lots of agender people, one way or another! Way more than the, like, less that 1% that the general population has.

So there's a lot of correlation, but it's also probably partially that AVEN-type people tend to be more educated/open-minded about gender than the general population and more likely to realize they're agender and self-identify as such.

Just because you're asexual doesn't mean you're agender. Just because you're agender doesn't mean you're asexual. But there sure are a lot of agender aces. Like me!

Anthracite_Impreza

Both... mostly. Some male fluctuations in there :x

floralprinting

I'm asexual and androgyne. I identify as a mix of binary male and female. I identify with a no binary gender and I'm asexual, but I'm not asexual and agender. One of my good friends is, though.

Hi! I am asexual and agender.

But I am female, that is my sex and I'm okay with it. Just, don't particularly care what body I'm in. We're all people as far as I'm concerned.

I'm essentially agendered, however I still think of myself as male because I recognize sex more so than I recognize gender.

Being more of a poll topic, this thread has been moved from Intersectionality to the Census Forum. I would advised the OP to create an actual poll to go along with the topic.

Qutenkuddly,

Intersectionality Moderator

I'm asexual and agender. I think that that is why I'm asexual, but obviously I can't be sure - just a guess. I think my body just doesn't know who to be sexually attracted to since I'm neither! Haha! So it just chooses nothing.

I'm asexual and partly identify as agender .

I think the correlation is more due to as a person identifying as asexual are more likely to question other aspects like gender identity because in the first place, they had questioned their sexual orientation.

I'd rather be in band.

I thought I was agender for a while, but after giving it some thought, I realized that my ideal image was male and I liked to be treated like a male. So, I'm just asexual.

I'm indifferent about gender. I like the term cis-genderless to describe myself because I don't experience any dysphoria, but I could care less about, "being a man." I look at my body from a, "it is what it is," standpoint, and a, "people already identify me as male so I'll just roll with it," standpoint. Hopefully that's makes sense.

Groovy Teacakes

I think that after identifying my lack of sexual attraction, whatever gender I might have had before just wandered away. I don't see my gender as particularly important and I think that's something to do with not finding my biological sex very relevant to my life in general. So I can see how the two things might be linked. Or maybe I was not attached to gender before, and that was why I realised I was ace.

Archived