Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandra B

I AM APPEARING IN AN ASEXUAL STUDENT DOCUMENTARY THAT WILL BE ON YOUTUBE TO RAISE AWARENESS

Sandra B

Lori is a student from a university in London, she connected with me through my www.facebook.com/acexualise page, saying she was filming an asexual documentary to raise awareness and would I be prepared to share my personal story. She wants to create a documentary that is different to anything recently in the media and is coming to film me in my home on the 4th of January. She will be interviewing me and showing me in my day to day life, and it will be just me featuring in it. It will be available to view on YouTube after editing.

I am different to some other asexuals, so it will be a different type of personal story. I am a Heteroromantic, Grey A, Asexual (younger) Cougar who doesn't like sex, just passionate kissing. I have been in sexual relationships in the past, I don't like having sex or nakedness. I don't experience a desire to have sex in my mind, but do get physically aroused. I experience many types of attraction - romantic, creative, intelligent, spiritual, aesthetic, but not sexual and usually NOT platonic. I am a entrepreneur and business girl, yet work a full time day job and live like a quirky teenager - so this will be a documentary like no other. I would consider an LAT with the right asexual guy, but usually get attracted mostly to foreign guys and want to stay in my home in the UK, and have no desire to travel. I am also very happy being single and founded International Celebrate Being Single day on 14th of February this year - However I am a hyper romantic, so it can be tough. I date myself a lot and I am on two asexual dating sites. It should be an interesting documentary like no other. :cake::mellow::blush::wub: ;)

Spider_Fan14

congratulations!

Skycaptain

Yay, Sandra :cake: :cake: :cake:

Dottydodo

You shine like Rudolph's nose! Light the way, girlykins! 😉😊❤❇ x!

blanket burrito

That's awesome! Congrats, hope it's a good experience!

Starry Sky

Congratulations!!!! Celebration cake!! ~

Two%20tier%20white%20round%20party%20cel

Keumi

Congrats! That's very exciting. :D :cake: :cake:

remique

Congratulations! That sounds like it'll be a lot of fun :D

Be sure to post a link when the film goes live on youtube!

Sandra B

congratulations!

Thanks so much - your name reminds me of Spiderman - love Spiderman and I like the Marvel films too. Star Wars is out now, haven't seen it yet though.

Yay, Sandra :cake: :cake: :cake:

Thanks Sleigh Captain - Love your Christmassy name.

Sandra B

You shine like Rudolph's nose! Light the way, girlykins! ❤❇ x!

Hey, I certainly will light the way and I love what you say about Rudolph's nose - so cute too. Thank you my friend. Even in an asexual meet they said I was a minority within a minority with my asexual likes/needs etc, so I think it will be interesting. I have no idea what questions she is going to ask me, but we are going to head for Nandos food when she gets of the train and have lunch there before she films me in my home - she says she is excited, as am I - May the quirky be with me, hey!

Sandra B

That's awesome! Congrats, hope it's a good experience!

Hi, thank you.

I have no idea what the questions are going to be - although if I am stereotyping I could guess, even so, I have an open mind and ~I have been so brave with my Asexualise My Asexual Life YouTube channel lately - Talking about extremely intimate topics, that whilst quite difficult to talk about, I feel I need to, to help others. So I guess this has prepared me for all sorts of intimate questions.

Sandra B

Congratulations!!!! Celebration cake!! ~

Two%20tier%20white%20round%20party%20cel

Awww, that is so sweet. Thank you so much for the lovely cake, I will treasure admiring it's beauty x

Sandra B

Congrats! That's very exciting. :D :cake: :cake:

Thank you. Yeah! I feel it is exciting and the 4th of January is not long to wait. But before that - I am extremely excited about Christmas - I am like a super fan of it.

Sandra B

Congratulations! That sounds like it'll be a lot of fun :D

Be sure to post a link when the film goes live on youtube!

Hi Remique, thank you. Yeah, I am very much looking forward to it. I will post a link here.

Dottydodo

Hey, I certainly will light the way and I love what you say about Rudolph's nose - so cute too. Thank you my friend. Even in an asexual meet they said I was a minority within a minority with my asexual likes/needs etc, so I think it will be interesting. I have no idea what questions she is going to ask me, but we are going to head for Nandos food when she gets of the train and have lunch there before she films me in my home - she says she is excited, as am I - May the quirky be with me, hey!

Hmm, I'm not sure if I've managed the quotey thing on my phone... *fingers crossed*!

Aw, I can really appreciate the unknown questions feeling daunting but I have faith that with your good heart and open mind, you will answer with inspirational integrity. I hope you feel comfy with her. I believe in you. 😊 Hehe, on May the 4th I'd say "May the 4th be with you"... on January the 4th I heartily agree: may the quirky be with you, my friend! But then the quirky is the very (valuable) essence of you and this is about you embracing it! May it help others to embrace theirs too! Xx

WinterCloud

Go! You rock! Sounds cool and fun!

Kelly

That is awesome, Sandra. And thank you for helping visibility! :cake: :vis:

crazypimpernelfan

Yay!!! This is awesome!! :D

Sandra B

Hmm, I'm not sure if I've managed the quotey thing on my phone... *fingers crossed*!

Aw, I can really appreciate the unknown questions feeling daunting but I have faith that with your good heart and open mind, you will answer with inspirational integrity. I hope you feel comfy with her. I believe in you. Hehe, on May the 4th I'd say "May the 4th be with you"... on January the 4th I heartily agree: may the quirky be with you, my friend! But then the quirky is the very (valuable) essence of you and this is about you embracing it! May it help others to embrace theirs too! Xx

Wow! Thank you so much - I think you may know me better than I know myself my friend - ha! That was an inspirational speech about me, if ever I heard one. Thanks for your support and faith in me. Thanks for opening up more of my beautiful quirky soul - I really appreciate it. Hugs xxxx

Sandra B

Go! You rock! Sounds cool and fun!

Awww, thank you for the encouragement, that's so sweet.

Sandra B

That is awesome, Sandra. And thank you for helping visibility! :cake: :vis:

Hi Kelly, thank you so much, your support means a lot. My mission with my Asexualise My Asexual life channel, my www.facebook.com/acexualise page - which Lori contacted me through, my @asexualise twitter account, and my Asexualise T-Shirts on Amazon.com - is all to raise awareness, to educate others, and to give asexuals voice in the world. I know I have to be bold and brave to get the message out there, but I really feel called to do it. Like it was always meant to be. I think it will be also good to raise awareness more of Gray A, asexuals - because if you have some things you like that may be seen as sexual in tendency, but you are not wanting sex with a person because you don't mentally want to - it can confuse people no end as to whether they fit in with the asexual community, and if they are sexual or asexual. I had a guy at work asking me about this today.

Yay!!! This is awesome!! :D

Hi,

Thank you so much for your support and encouragement.

ThaHoward

That's awesome! :d

Sandra B

That's awesome! :D

Thank you so much Darth, it's great to have your support and encouragement. I love Iron Man by the way - I love the Marvel films and films with robots in them. I think Robert Downey Junior, is very good looking in those films, even though he would be too old for the type of guy I usually get aesthetically attracted to. And he has some facial hair sometimes and I usually don't like that, but he looks rather nice with it by usual comparison.

Star Bit

I assume you'll link us to the youtube video once it's releaed.

Do you say you're Gray-A because you can get aroused?

Sandra B

I assume you'll link us to the youtube video once it's releaed.

Do you say you're Gray-A because you can get aroused?

Hi Star Bit

Because I love passionate kissing with the tongue, with clothes on - I like to get naturally excited, it's far better than sex - very euphoric, and I get physically aroused - that I can't help, but in my mind I don't want sex ever again in my life and can't do that, so my whole body could badly want a guy, but I don't in that way. I also don't like nakedness - including in films, on TV, and even in art/sculptures I don't like it, it can make me angry in films and on TV - especially if I was with a partner who was looking at that while with me, and otherwise I am a calmer person, even though I am naturally hyper. I don't like getting angry at all, so avoid this situation as much as possible. I don't mind sitting on a guy's lap with clothes on, or bodies held close in a cuddle and legs intertwined on a bed, and I can like to do some 'dirty dancing' moves sometimes when out dancing - but never smoke anything or drink alcohol.

So I like to feel close to, for example, my male partner if I had one, but with clothes on, and can like being sensual on arms, hands, face, head, but not on the lower part of the body. I preferably don't like to touch a guy down there, but if I have known him for a long time in a relationship, then don't mind him doing that for me - the finger was always better than the penis for me in releasing fluid and felt better, and in the past I just used to think, I want the finger, not your penis - but as he ultimately wanted sex, he would restrict this sometimes, and at other times; it became to much for me, and I needed to stop. Gentle and sensuous stroking is fine, but otherwise I can't cope with that feeling after a while, it becomes not so nice for me, and needs to stop almost immediately.

Yes, I will link the video in this thread.

Viotora

oooh, acesome!

I wanna be in it too though. :(

Star Bit

Then you sound purely asexual. Gray-A is like "i desire sex but under X unusual cercomstance."

MerePeasant

^ That's not the impression I'd got about Grey A. I thought it could cover many variations of unsure and did not have to mean you still had some desire for actual sex. But hey, maybe I've misunderstood because as I've said before, all these definitions are really confusing. x(

Anyway, that sounds great, Sandra! Good luck with it. :)

Xavy

Awesome !

Star Bit

^ That's not the impression I'd got about Grey A. I thought it could cover many variations of unsure and did not have to mean you still had some desire for actual sex. But hey, maybe I've misunderstood because as I've said before, all these definitions are really confusing. x(

Anyway, that sounds great, Sandra! Good luck with it. :)

Questioning is questioning. Gray-A is desiring sex. Gray is obviously between white and balck; Gray-A is between asexual and sexual/desiring sex and not, and for Gray-As they at some point don't desire sex, but at another factually do. Link to Gray-A wiki page, and link to "activities that do not invalidate asexuality" thread. And identifying as just Gray, unless it''s on both sides, is very unclear as there are sexual and romantic Grays.