New Year's Resolutions

Snao Cone

New Year's Resolutions  

1. 1. Do you make new year's resolutions?

• Yes, and I'm good at sticking to them
    • Yes, and I'm bad at sticking to them
    • Yes, but never seriously
    • No, I make normal resolutions throughout the year
    • No, I don't make resolutions at all

This poll is closed to new votes

To finally start working on a project I've been planning (and getting bored of and otherwise procrastinating on) for the past five years. Technically, I made this 'resolution' in mid-October (while procrastinating on coursework by making new plans). Now that the plans are (nearly) done, I have to start learning how to code.

It's a non-scamium mobile (ios and android, hopefully) city building game, for anyone who cares.

Other than that, I have to find the willpower to do everything else I should be doing (exercise, studying, being somewhat social).

Don't know if any of this is actually going to happen though. I spend more time imagining the ideal future than actually making it happen...

I do not make personal resolutions at all.

I do want things, but they have nout to do with my life. I have nothing and never will, but i do care about some things.

No, I don't see the interest. It's just like being nice especially for Christmas day or being romantic especially for Valentines day. Just... why ? I don't get it. I make resolutions at any time of the year. If I needed for example to lose weight, I should make a resolution now whatever the period of the year, and because it's for my health, not because it's New Years day.

cosmosredshift7

i make..possible and impossible resolutions. I had already started working out when I made the new years resolution to lose a lot of weight; I've lost 85 pounds overall. Then, to feel better about myself- my self esteem has gotten better due to the weight loss.

Aannnddd I also was like, 'yeah imma get a girlfriend this year!' which didn't happen but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I went through with the ones that mattered.

I don't really understand new year's resolutions. The changing of one year to the next is as arbitrary a point in time as any other to start to do or change something.

Yes I already did for next year it is all almost set, but I would prefer not to talk and get into detalis. :o

I'm reconsidering the resolutions thing now. With all the money I've spent lately on Christmas shopping and other things, I feel like I should set a goal date for finally paying off my credit cards. I'm not sure yet when that date should be. This would not be a full-year resolution.

Beyond that though, I don't think I'll make any "official" resolutions.

Last year my new years resolution was no Facebook. Simple. I think I might have gone on it 6-10 times during the year. At this point I forgot my password.

Year before that was rediscovering my friends. I didnt want to make new friends. I wanted to know and learn about the friends I already had in my friend circle. I wanted to find out their goals ambitions what makes them tick and get up in the morning. What are their views of the world.

This year resolution I am not sure.

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

AshenPhoenix, Census Forum Moderator

Archived