Correlation between Women Archetypes and Asexuality

sophy38

Before I find Aven, and know that my orientation has a Name! reading this book helped me find answers to many questions that I had for; Why I am "The Other".

http://www.amazon.com/Goddesses-Everywoman-Thirtieth-Anniversary-Archetypes/dp/0062321129/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1450194352&sr=1-1&keywords=goddesses+in+every+woman

As a result of studying it, I considered if a woman has the three Virgin Archetypes completely (Athena, Artemis & Hestia) and non of the other Archetypes, she can be 99% Asexual.

If you want a brief of book and the Questionnaire for realizing the Archetypes, this link is useful:

http://goddess-power.com/

I didn't find any topic of discussion about Archetypes in Aven Archives, so if there is one, let me know. Thanks. :)

Interestingly when I took this I got:

Athena 9

Aphrodite 3

Persephone 8

Artemis 26

Demeter -4

Hera 0

Hestia 19

however I'm curious to know what you mean by "99% asexual" and why you came to that conclusion. Do you mean a 99% chance that she's asexual? also the statements in the quiz that are responded to are kind of strange to determine sexuality to me. For example, in the sections about childhood interests and books, I don't see how someone's childhood interests and books determine to whom they feel sexual attraction. Also, the descriptions of the goddesses involve their attitudes towards men/men's advances on them. Non asexual women can similarly ignore men's advances if maybe they're homosexual (unless the descriptions are general in that the references to men's advances encompass all types of sexual advances on the goddesses). Regardless of sexuality I think these archetypes are interesting.

The multiple-choice options were a bit lame imho, but my goddess archetype fits perfectly :D

inactive12345

My results--

Athena: 27

Aphrodite: -3

Persephone: -9

Artemis: 31

Demeter: -21

Hera: -19

Hestia: 4

Interesting that the virgin archetypes were the only ones I got a positive score on. :P

Edit: Regarding the website design... Comic Sans? Really?

Do you mean a 99% chance that she's asexual?

Yes, of course that's what I mean. :)

also the statements in the quiz that are responded to are kind of strange to determine sexuality to me. For example, in the sections about childhood interests and books, I don't see how someone's childhood interests and books determine to whom they feel sexual attraction

The book is not about sexuality. The subject is "Women's Psychology" and It's a feminist approach to Jungian analysis in psychology.

It's my deduction that if a woman has the three Archetypes together and non of the other four; she will be Asexual.

Also, the descriptions of the goddesses involve their attitudes towards men/men's advances on them. Non asexual women can similarly ignore men's advances if maybe they're homosexual.

In Greek Roman Archetypes I haven't seen any homosexual. I don't no if there is a archetype that mentioned as homo? So if there is not, there is no analysis and no conclusion of homo.

Regarding the website design... Comic Sans? Really?

I don't know the motivation of the blog writer but it's one of the best book summaries that I have found. :rolleyes:

also the statements in the quiz that are responded to are kind of strange to determine sexuality to me. For example, in the sections about childhood interests and books, I don't see how someone's childhood interests and books determine to whom they feel sexual attraction

The book is not about sexuality. The subject is "Women's Psychology" and It's a feminist approach to Jungian analysis in psychology.

It's my deduction that if a woman has the three Archetypes together and non of the other four; she will be Asexual.

oh I think I was a little unclear. By "book" I meant in the survey questions, there was the section on books someone would typically find in your house or something like that. Certain answers correlate to the certain (virgin) goddesses, and the certain (virgin) goddesses (are said to) correlate with asexuality. I think I mean in general, it seems weird that certain personality traits are supposed to correlate to asexuality. It almost seems to me like saying that if you're a man and you have an "effeminate voice" that means you're homosexual, which is in no way valid and just perpetuates stereotypes (since homosexual means attracted to the same sex, nothing to do with personality/characteristics). I do suppose that groups of people who feel/do not feel sexual attraction towards different sexes or genders would probably have common personality traits, but, idk, I'm kind of rambling. But I think I'm interested in the actual book written about this.

I went ahead and took that test.

Athena -1

Aphrodite -18

Persephone -1

Artemis 13

Demeter -6

Hera -20

Hestia 2

Highest possible 39, lowest -26.

Apparently, I don't relate well to goddesses. Actually, I found there was more useful information in summing the categories:

1. 1

2. -4

3. -2

4. 3

5. 0

6. -5

7. -3

8. -6

9. -2

10. 0

11. 3

12. -7

13. -9

For reference, the highest possible sum is 21, and the lowest -14, so this is weighted towards positive numbers.

I say this is more useful information because when the weight is towards positive and the majority of the categories come up non-positive, that indicates to me that the options aren't really working. In this case, a lot of the statements were too specific or complex for me to relate to what was said. Apparently that's not so for other people, and if this is helpful to you in some way, great, but for me it's probably not going to be.

As Mermaidy said, personality traits don't determine whether someone's asexual (and certainly the kind of books they like is a non-indicator), but it makes sense to me that asexuals might have more things in common with the virgin goddesses.

Sleepy Skeleton

Athena: 13

Aphrodite: -3

Persephone: 6

Artemis: 14

Demeter: 3

Hera: -7

Hestia: 5

It's no surprise to me that I got Artemis and Athena.

But I don't think this quiz is going to be very reliable... it seems to be meant for straight married women with kids. So many of the statements are stuff like "Touch doesn't interest me... but I love pleasing my husband" or "my entire purpose in life is to have children and be a homemaker." Even the non-motherly/wifey stuff is all about being sexy and confident. It sounds kind of sexist to someone like me, even though I know a women wrote it.

Rainbow~Sprinkles

This is what I got:

Athena 12

Aphrodite -1

Persephone 24

Artemis 19

Demeter 4

Hera 6

Hestia 29

heartfulReverie

Thought I would give it a try.

Athena: 5