Your reactions or hypothetical reactions to others knowing you're ace

R_1

AVEN's census to reactions to reactions of people knowing their asexuality  

3 members have voted

1. 1. (Can be hypothetical) In general, how do/would you react when at least 1 person reacts physically positive to you being an asexual or an varient of asexual or related group?

• Very Positive
    • Positive
    • Neutral Indifferent
    • Neutral (Between positive and negative, but not indifferent)
    • Negative
    • Very negative
    • Other
    • A mix of those
    • Don't know
  2. 2. (Can be hypothetical) In general, how do/would you react when at least 1 person reacts physically neutral to you being an asexual or an varient of asexual or related group?

• Very positive
    • Positive
    • Neutral Indifferent
    • Negative
    • Very negative
    • Other
    • A mix of those
    • Don't know
  3. 3. (Can be hypothetical) In general, how do/would you react when at least 1 person reacts physically negative to you being an asexual or an varient of asexual or related group?

• Very positive
    • Positive
    • Neutral Indifferent
    • Negative
    • Very negative
    • Other
    • A mix of those
    • Don't know
  4. 4. (Can be hypothetical) In general, how do/would you react when at least 1 person reacts verbally positive to you being an asexual or an varient of asexual or related group?

• Very positive
    • Positive
    • Neutral Indifferent
    • Negative
    • Very negative
    • Other
    • A mix of those
    • Don't know
  5. 5. (Can be hypothetical) In general, how do/would you react when at least 1 person reacts verbally neutral to you being an asexual or an varient of asexual or related group?

• Very positive
    • Positive
    • Neutral Indifferent
    • Negative
    • Very negative
    • Other
    • A mix of those
    • Don't know
  6. 6. (Can be hypothetical) In general, how do/would you react when at least 1 person reacts verbally negative to you being an asexual or an varient of asexual or related group?

• Very positive
    • Positive
    • Neutral Indifferent
    • Negative
    • Very negative
    • Other
    • A mix of those
    • Don't know
  7. 7. (Can be hypothetical) In general, how do/would you react to every of these?

• Very positive
    • Positive
    • Neutral Indifferent
    • Negative
    • Very negative
    • Other
    • A mix of those
    • Don't know

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a poll which basically tests how asexuals and related group respond to people responding to their identity. For those who didn't reveal their identity, try to picture yourself in these situations...

Physically positive can range from a slight tough to a very strong hug

Verbally positive can range from seemingly acceptance without indifference to strongly acceptive

Physically negative can range from a small push to physical intimidation which can be sexual or violent

I think it would be a little weird for some one to hug you upon learning you're ace. Like, "Contradulations! You don't want sex!". Just...little off putting to me. Then again, I'm mostly talking to customers at my work when it slips out, so a random hug from "guy who buys Canadian regular cigarettes and a pack of gum" would be off putting in almost any scenario.

Using Excel, and using a formula, I noticed that the general trend is at 1.47 overall meaning most people respond in average in all of those situations between positive and very positive. Shows that AVEN has a very positive view in life, but this is a small sample so far.

I chose 'neutral indifferent' for everything.

Well.

But the thing is, I wouldn't be able to react anyway else because I am almost physically incapable of responding positively to positive things and I've grown to learn to ignore people saying negative stuff (unless being 'verbally negative' meant being illogical in telling me why I can't be asexual, then, they will be slayed with all the logic and reasoning the world has to offer)

Physically positive as in "socially perceived as positive" or "actually positive for the person in question"?

Physically positive as in "socially perceived as positive" or "actually positive for the person in question"?

Socially perceived as positive.

Socially perceived as positive.

Ok, then I'd react very negative to negative reactions, and to physically positive reactions (I'm 99% touch-averse), and neutral indifferent to everything else.

Negative overall because I'm definitely not indifferent to negative responses and especially people touching me, so neutral indifferent doesn't work. And I imagine "being weirded out because why are you making such a big deal out of it, you're making me uncomfortable" isn't all that positive either. :P

The only time I'd have a negative reaction is in response to a negative reaction from the other person. If someone says that there is no such thing as asexuality for example. If someone gives a neutral questioning answer, such as I didn't know asexuality existed, in an open minded manner inviting an explanation I would respond positively

At 34 votes, there is uh very interesting responses... I will have to clarify on why.

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

AshenPhoenix, Census Forum Moderator

Archived