In the Midlands....

gambino

This is a most amazing article that appeared in my local newspaper that I just felt I had to share.

Dear Annie: I have been married over 25 years to a wonderful, caring, well-adjusted man who has never been interested in sex. He is not gay. He is totally faithful. But his sex drive is almost non-existant. While our no-sex marriage has been frustrating at times, I love him too much to divorce him or have an affair. I just cope the best I can.

My question is this: Can a person truly be asexual? Most medical providers say the problem is either low testosterone or psychological. He's had all the medical tests, and everything's normal. Counselors confirm that he's a well-adjusted guy. Any answers?

No Sex for Me

Dear No Sex: According to a recent study in the Journal of Sex Research, about one percent of adults have absolutely no interest in sex. Since your husband is otherwise healthy, and you want to stay with him, we hope you can find satisfaction through other means. For more information on asexuality, try the Asexual Visibility and Education Network at asexuality.org.

I honestly never expected to see anything like this in my area (being mostly conservative as it is) and I was quite pleased to see asexuality being advertised in a relatively positive light.

And it's syndicated, too! What I like about it is it stands apart from self-realized A's (like on this site) who purport to be asexual--

In this case, the person in question didn't (so far as we know) explicitly claim to be asexual, so naysayers can't point to anything as denial, as they have a tendency to do, with the added benefit that he DID get checked out (whereas we say it is unnecessary) and he IS clinically normal.

OK there.

Quite possibly. I'm in the west Omaha area...at least, I'm pretty sure this is west! lol. Still new to the state...but I'm definetly not in Downtown, South, or North Omaha. ^_^

Kinda cool, I never imagined an asexual ever living within a hundred miles of Nebraska.

(Thanks, the avvie I had custom made a while ago for a roleplaying website I participate in. Yours is nice too!)

Yeah, the only other asexual I know irl is a girl I went to college with, and who also lived across the hall from me. And that was in Florida (though, she's from Ohio, I think...).

(Thanks. I made it off a picture I got as a quiz result...^_^ I have a friend who says it's an uncanny resemblance to me, although I don't really look anything like that pic...*shrugs*)

This is a most amazing article that appeared in my local newspaper that I just felt I had to share.
Dear Annie: I have been married over 25 years to a wonderful, caring, well-adjusted man who has never been interested in sex. He is not gay. He is totally faithful. But his sex drive is almost non-existant. While our no-sex marriage has been frustrating at times, I love him too much to divorce him or have an affair. I just cope the best I can.

My question is this: Can a person truly be asexual? Most medical providers say the problem is either low testosterone or psychological. He's had all the medical tests, and everything's normal. Counselors confirm that he's a well-adjusted guy. Any answers?

No Sex for Me

Dear No Sex: According to a recent study in the Journal of Sex Research, about one percent of adults have absolutely no interest in sex. Since your husband is otherwise healthy, and you want to stay with him, we hope you can find satisfaction through other means. For more information on asexuality, try the Asexual Visibility and Education Network at asexuality.org.

I honestly never expected to see anything like this in my area (being mostly conservative as it is) and I was quite pleased to see asexuality being advertised in a relatively positive light.

Thats the article that brought me here :lol:

Taheri

Wow. :D:D:D See what the media does! :D Greatness! Welcome Taheri, make yourself at home, put your little blue feet up and have some :cake:. Lots and lots of :cake:. I will not be alone in giving you any. :D

Archived