*****20/20 AIR DATE ANNOUNCED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cate Perfect

Perhaps that's a good thing, Ilora--you missed the insanity of our waiting breathlessly for a few months for the air date. :wink:.

Excellent! I'll mark it on the calendars! Thanks for the update! *dances.*

The Evil Cashew

bah i just realized i will be at a girl guide thing that night. pooey thank god for vcrs with timers!

~Cashew

The Evil Cashew

Toronto Jays:

back in oct/nov a bunch of avenites were interviewed to be on 20/20 for an segment about asexuality. the air date is jan 6

if you look further in this forum there is another 20/20 thread ad talks bout the interview adn stuff

here is the link : http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=9390

~Cashew

To the UK AVENites:

I'm having several people tape it. I will have two copies transferred to PAL.

I will be in England 13 January at which time I will give one copy to Karl and one to Peix. Contact them if you'd like them to post it to you after they've seen it.

I will be posting at least one copy to Canada--to cijay. She will happily pass it on, I'm sure.

VivreEstEsperer

That's awesome!

oooh....i'll be at my grandparents in philly then. Hey! I have an idea ! How about all the Philly AVENites get together to watch it together? That would be nifty.

Why am I always at my grandparents in philly when major asexual stuff goes on? i was there when new scientist came out too.

...my grandfather will consider my perspective....my grandma doesnt want to hear anything about it....makes it kind of awkward

if someone wants to PM or email me too beforehand that would be niftykeen. i dont have a 2006 calendar yet either. :)

Kate

Eep.

Up until the time I got an actual air date, I was able to pretend that the whole thing hadn't really happened.

Maybe it still didn't happen.

*hides under the bed with the purple bunny*

If this goes on TV, then will friends, relatives, & co-workers stop trying to fix me up with losers? I won't need lame excuses anymore as to why I won't date the jerk they picked out for my future husband!!!

One hopes.

They're going to have some doctors on the show, as well.

Hopefully doctors who say asexuals can't be 'fixed' and should just be accepted.

str8fuknpimpin
I better not log on for a few months...... :oops:

Oh, you'd better! Wouldn't be AVEN without ya', Damaged... :)

I dont want to be one of the first people somebody new comes in contact with....I might weird them out too much....

i mean just think if somebody comes on and the first thing they read is my plastic sergery post! :shock:

WOW!!

Ill just hang out in AVEN's Dumpster for a while... :wink:

i'll take over for you Damaged...i'm good with the newbies...like a nurturing mother or a representative of reason...i'm a protective father, and a hand of control...come inside from the insanity, here, you'll find sanity....confused? i will disillusion you...

i will make you t-bones before bedtime: :teamo:

and velcro power in the morning so you won't have to deal with tying those complicated knots: :vis: velcro power....rise !

To the UK AVENites:

I will be in England 13 January at which time I will give one copy to Karl and one to Peix. Contact them if you'd like them to post it to you after they've seen it.

I will be posting at least one copy to Canada--to cijay. She will happily pass it on, I'm sure.

Thanks for this Cate :D

One hopes.

They're going to have some doctors on the show, as well.

Hopefully doctors who say asexuals can't be 'fixed' and should just be accepted.

*pokes head from underneath the bed*

Yes.

One hopes.

The little speech I made at the very end was designed to speak directly to whatever experts they might have who are quick to label us as broken or closed-minded. I felt it important to point out that this site is not a plce where we get together and squick about sex; rather, it is a place that encourages personal exploration and acceptance of all kinds of activities. Of course, it would be very easy to leave that speech out. Or any one of the other speeches that any of us made, to be perfectly honest.

I am not scared of all of this, per se; however, I am aware of the risk we took in agreeing to the interview. I do not want something that I said to hurt the overall cause of the board, and I know that the rest of you feel the same. Looking back on it, I think we covered just about everything we could in the course of the interview. We answered just about every argument that could be leveled against us. The question is will our words be placed in a context which flatters or flattens us? That is what concerns me.

Well, the producer totally gets asexuality. She doesn't understand what other people problems with it could be. And she's the one setting the tone of the piece.

Also, I know they were trying to get the scientist who did the study that came out with 2% of the population being asexual. So it sounds like they're trying to stack the odds in our favour.

Amcan: no prob. :)

To the UK AVENites:

Thanks for this Cate :D

Seconded! :D Cheers!

I'll give my copy to PT/Yoda since I don't have a VHS player, contact him if you want him to send it to you once he's seen it. I might want to get hold of it myself at some point too when I actually get access to a VHS player from someone who I don't mind knowing what it is I want to see...

i hope they edit it so much it makes u look like sex maniacs like on that episode of the simpsons were homer gets accused of sexual harassment after driving the babysitter home

Well, it's national TV and in the states that means pretty tame. We talked about everything. EVERYTHING. But in very sanitary terms.

And it occurs to me that while I'm having the tape converted I can just have it put on DVD, as well. And several copies made.

How about three Region 4 DVDs?

biggreenmonkey
i hope they edit it so much it makes u look like sex maniacs like on that episode of the simpsons were homer gets accused of sexual harassment after driving the babysitter home

OK then.

i'm still laughing about the part where dj said "ugly people can still get laid" and they asked him to repeat himself in television friendly lingo :roll:

I'll give my copy to PT/Yoda since I don't have a VHS player, contact him if you want him to send it to you once he's seen it. I might want to get hold of it myself at some point too when I actually get access to a VHS player from someone who I don't mind knowing what it is I want to see...

I know how to copy VHS if that would help at all.

All you need is 2 VHS players, a SCART lead and a TV.

The Evil Cashew

i can dub VHS's

i was toying with the idea of making a few copies and then sending them to poeple. this is all proving i have time. but i am willing to give it a shot if poeple are interested.

~Cashew

Archived