*****20/20 AIR DATE ANNOUNCED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cate Perfect

I was interviewed for a local newspaper by someone who promised me anonymity, and I'm still having panic attacks that I said too much about my personal life or it'll be taken wrong and people won't understand, or it'll reveal too much and people will figure out it's me...

Right now I'm not even sure if it'll be a story they go with, and while part of me is relieved, I keep trying to remind myself that the visibility for asexuality is a good thing that will help a lot of people...

This 20/20 is HUGE for asexuality and those of you who were interviewed for national television, no matter how it ends up going, will have my respect and admiration for taking a risk, putting yourselves out there and doing something for the benefit of so many people. And even if what is said doesn't come out perfectly or put Aven in the best of light, we here know you all did your best, and anyone who is truly searching will check things out on their own.

Here's to hoping it's at least fair - if not positive.

hawke

I'm glad I saw this right in time, i might have missed it... I very well could have been watching Firefly.

You could do boooooooth! Like me! OMG FIREFLY AHA HA H HA HA HA HAA!!!! I AM SO HAPPY. And yet still so nervous about the 20/20 thing goin' on tonight. Like, this could either be awesome or crappy. Or awesome. I'm hopin' for awesome with all my might.

Is this the link to tonight's show?

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/

It looks to me like we aren't mentioned at all.

I sure wish that other shoe would just drop and get it over with!

Meanwhile ...

I also think that 20/20 is screwing around with us and that we would be completely justified in disregarding any agreements that we made to not talk to other media sources while we wait for our segment to be shown.

-Greybird

Like I said elsewhere, Greybird, it was up there as late as yesterday. I wonder if they removed the segment from this show...

I'm wondering if this isn't going to turn out to be quite anti-climactic-just some hurried little glossed-over segment(it's only an hour show, and it's shared with three other(quite inane) topics...

This might be the most attention we'll get in terms of numbers of direct people, but it might not be the best or clearest, and certainly not the most in-depth.

Maybe.

We'll see.

Huh, that's so weird... at first I thought you meant that they removed all of the blurbs for tonight's show, but apparently they only removed ours. What the hell?

Ummm...we were totally on there a couple days ago...soooo...I'm watchin' the show anyway. Who knows. Can anyone email someone to figure out what's goin' on?

Cate Perfect

Bad news:

Just got this from Gail:

Hi All -

Happy New Year to everyone - hope you are all doing well!

I'm very disappointed because we were all set to air tonight (the piece is in the can, and we're really pleased with it - you are all amazing!). But it JUST got pulled from tonight's schedule. I'm very sorry - it's been an incredibly busy news week with Ariel Sharon, coal miners, etc - and it's thrown everything off kilter for tonight's show. It will definitely air soon, but I don't have an airdate yet - I will let you know as soon as I have one!

Thank you so much for your patience. Have an amazing weekend, and I'll keep you in the loop.

Apologies and best wishes,

Gail

So, I'm still wondering why our story got pulled and not that segment on the growing problem of e-waste, or the insight into Star Jones. :?

deladangerous

:roll:

Yeah, that's right, shove the asexuals back to a slower news week.

"Well, since nothin' else is on, we may as well tell you that some people don't like sex.."

Crud. That must be a perk of working for the news media; whenever you decide not to do something, you can always say, "it's been a busy week, what with the war in the Congo* and, um, that thing with the puppies..." It's never NOT a busy week!

Alright, I'm being unfair. I'm sure they're doing their best and will run the program in their own good time. I do wonder about why they cut this particular piece over the others, though-- probably just a length thing.

*That's a bad example-- as a rule the American media NEVER mentions the war in the Congo.

drat, drat, drat... I hate making phone calls and now I have to tell a slew of people I told about this that it's not happening or they'll sit there and have to listen all about 'Star Jones' for nothing. And I would never do that to anyone knowingly.

:x

hawke

I hope they do air the segment sometime. It's good to know they won't just trash the whole thing.

Is ABC News a different channel than regular ABC? If so, I don't get that channel, and I sure do hope they put it on the website . . . or, can someone here TiVo it?

Ugh. I'm disappointed, but I hope it will be on SOON! It was nice of Gail to write and assure us all though, it makes me feel like she cares.

Sometimes I just think ABC hates me. I want my Boston Legal back!

I wonder what

Jim Avila has the dramatic story of a Texas girl at the center of a bitter custody battle.

Lynn Sherr offers a different view on morning television diva Star Jones.

And ever wonder where old computers go to die? Bill Ritter reports on a growing problem -- e-waste.

has to do with Sharon or the Coal Miners :?

Goonie -- posting on very little sleep

I wonder what
Jim Avila has the dramatic story of a Texas girl at the center of a bitter custody battle.

Lynn Sherr offers a different view on morning television diva Star Jones.

And ever wonder where old computers go to die? Bill Ritter reports on a growing problem -- e-waste.

has to do with Sharon or the Coal Miners :?

Goonie -- posting on very little sleep

Goonie, we're on the same page. Same page.

I'm on page 4 too. Er, I mean, I'm with ya, (sisters?)brothers! Ale and cake for everyone! Huzzah!

...and that's the last time I watch a flash movie 20 times in a row...

Archived