Attracted to clothes

I'm not sure how common it is, but I'm definitely the same.

Are you attracted to a particular type of clothes?

You know, it never occurred to me before I read this, but I do that as well. I design characters for video games, so I often look at the way people look and the clothes they wear. I tend to stare at people in unusual or cool-looking outfits, and not really for any other reason.

I like long coats on guys, and cute but non-revealing outfits on girls, and I definitely have a boots thing. :wink:

Isn't that the whole point of the fashion industry?

Also, nudists/naturalists have always claimed that people are attracted to others when they are dressed, not when naked.

My perspective is--what's the point of putting butter on a slice of bread that fell on the floor?

Nah, that's not weird. If people have an interesting or better than average style, they definitely stand out to me. Or maybe I've just seen "What Not To Wear" too much... :o

Happens to me. I adore foxy clothes. I've been known to buy things I either can't wear or won't ever wear just because I love how they look. It's one of the reasons I went nuts about Korean music videos- the fashions (on the guys, especially) were irresistible. I love buckles and chains and black and ... mm!

It's one of the reasons I went nuts about Korean music videos- the fashions (on the guys, especially) were irresistible. I love buckles and chains and black and ... mm!

Hahaha, yeah! I know what you're saying! :D

Well, I don't really care one way or the other which clothes i wear. But sometimes i will see an outfit and think that it would look really great on a guy, even if I don't have a guy in mind. And when I shop for a little boy I know, there are some clothes I find way more appealing than others.

I think that a person's style highly reflects how they "look". People look different at different times too. A hairstyle can make them look better, or be more becoming on them, so can an outfit. And attraction to clothing is probably a cue that they have similar ideas of what is stylish as you do. so it becomes more of an attraction of the mind than appearances. This is not weird at all.

I don't think it's the clothes per se but I've always found that I've liked the way people wear clothes than the way they don't. The naked body does nothing for me. It doesn't repulse me (unless they're sitting on furniture unprotected or something like that), I'm a bit of a prude in that I feel they should be covered up but why would someone run around naked when they can find some clothes that look so good on them? Doesn't have to be Saville Row or designer, as a matter of fact, I abhor designer.

People who don't know that I'm A, accuse me of only watching wrestling for crotch-watching. No, I don't crotch watch, some of the guys have nice butts, some have nice chests and one of them has a nice butt just in jeans!

str8fuknpimpin
Is it normal to be more attracted to clothes than the people actually wearing them? Do any others here experience this? Or is it just me being weird? :?

just a word of advice, be wary of long-sleeves. please. :|

Yes, I do find that I take more notice of the clothes people are wearing or their overall style.

Sometimes it's a "I love that coat, I want that coat" other times it's more of a "they look good it that i.e. it suits them", whether I'd wear it or not whether they are male or female. I'm always very aware that it is the clothes/style I'm attracted to not the (physical) person.

I'm not sure how common it is. I presume a lot of people (if they care) notice clothes they would like, but I'm not sure whether they'd describe it as attraction. I expect attraction does have a fair bit to do with what people are wearing even if it's on a subconisous level.

Although, if some goodlooking guy/girl walked on my left hand side and a lovely coat walked by on the right, I know which way I would turn. I wonder about everyone else?

Reminds me of a time we were at the waterpark. This lady had a bright yellow bathing suit on. I really loved the colour (I love bright yellow) and while I know I'd look like some kind of technicolour lemon in it with my shape I still wanted it. My cousin went over and asked the lady where she got her bathing suit and she just stared at her and asked why she wanted to know. She was SO indignant that someone would ask her...well SHE must have bought it because she was attracted to it, why would it take her by surprise to find someone else was attracted to it? Sheesh!

mylittlevoices

Not weird at all, I often find myself checking out clothes, and you can't help but check out the people wearing them too. I particularly take time to admire anyone brave enough to be wearing unusual clothes, they'll usually have my attention until I nearly walk into something, heh.